Immortal Souls, new trailer and demo!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Immortal Souls, new trailer and demo!

#16 Post by jack_norton »

bobbk wrote:But then as we got started I decided to invest a lot of money (2 years worth of heavy saving) to produce something I could actually sell.
Wow that looks really an ambitious project. Watched the trailer and is really good. Your money was well invested I think :) good luck with it!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

bobbk
Regular

#17 Post by bobbk »

thanks for the positive feedback!

the game was designed in flash so we can eventually sell it online through our browser (something we can't afford the backend for right now)

we're at 4,100 views on our trailer, exciting!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by DaFool »

bobbk wrote: the game was designed in flash so we can eventually sell it online through our browser (something we can't afford the backend for right now)
Just curious about the cost differential of hosting direct downloads versus a streaming online game... is the gap really that wide?

bobbk
Regular

#19 Post by bobbk »

wow a bot just spammed after dafool :P

Anyways, to answer your question dafool, paying for bandwidth is actually the least of the costs when you're making an online-only game.

We'd have to build a payment system into the website, then host the file, and then offer support for any and all billing or tech issues.

I would basically need one part time IT guy and one part time tech support person... and they'd have to be communicating... so that's something I don't want to do until we can afford it