When choosing options for your MC in VNs...

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

Re: When choosing options for your MC in VNs...

#16 Post by Twisted-Eva »

How about the issue of adding in sound effects to indicate you made the right choice? Personally, if I cared about getting on the NPCs' good sides (such as Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love) for the sake of something greater, I'd welcome it. But I guess having sound effects to indicate the degree of making a choice may be a dead giveaway as obvious?

lastmousestanding
Regular

#17 Post by lastmousestanding »

Twisted-Eva wrote:How about the issue of adding in sound effects to indicate you made the right choice? Personally, if I cared about getting on the NPCs' good sides (such as Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love) for the sake of something greater, I'd welcome it. But I guess having sound effects to indicate the degree of making a choice may be a dead giveaway as obvious?
never considered that - would probably only work if in order to get the "good" routes, you would have to mixture of choices - both bad and good... but sounds like an interesting idea

Glasskitten
Regular
Completed: I confess to nothing! \(>o<)/

#18 Post by Glasskitten »

The problem of balancing flexibility and continuity in the discussed situation hurts my brain. x_x
Would it be of any use to have a cutoff point after which destinies diverge based on alignment, and any contrasting decisions thereafter would be presented/interpreted as a plot-significant change of heart?
Grand list of things not officially canceled:
Salt -- the heartwarming story of brain-eating space worms
Tangent -- an epic poem and/or novel about a borderline-autistic Martian imp and her relationship with God
Kittens of the Darned -- a grimdark soap opera about sexy catgirls (Indefinitely postponed until I learn to draw and color realistically)
The Other Mary -- the most perfect fic about the most perfect Mary Sue EVER
Rockheart -- a short story about a monster who kills everyone
Corrupted -- a completely different short story about a monster who kills everyone (late Worst Visual Novel Ever)
Checkpoint 36a -- the transcription of a short multi-ending dream about time travel and undead schoolgirls
In Which the Princess is Kidnapped -- an entry in the "ordinary girl ends up in an alien universe and tries to save it" genre
Pictogram Scramble: Magical Friendship Bunny Ivy -- a Flash game about a magical girl making friends (Indefinitely postponed until I learn how friendship works)