Phoenix Wright and animation counts

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Akimaru
Regular

#16 Post by Akimaru »

^ yup, although a character's hair shouldn't be changed at all, unless it fits with your story like a shy girl becoming loose, than hair is something that can be altered, but clothing and stuff completely depend on your story, usually a high school environment is 1 set of clothing more than enough but for a somewhat special character maybe 2 or 3 like in an event going to the beach or going in town etc.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

Ways to know Tom was a victim of a decade of Catholic school:

When I read "usually a high school environment is 1 set of clothing more than enough", I thought: "Of course! How many uniforms does one person have?"
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Quin
Regular

#18 Post by Quin »

PyTom wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure if varying the characters clothes everyday is a good use of time. In fact, it may be counterproductive. [...] changing clothes everyday is one of those areas where people are willing to suspend disbelief. [...] (A compromise may be to have characters change between a pair of outfits. Heck, for a 5-day game, 3 outfits is plausable... they just did laundry in the middle.)
Nothing you say is wrong at all here... but I'm boneheaded enough to persist with my original plan. Not every character can/will appear every day, so my 40 will be more like 27.

I only have four major female characters, and they all have distinct hair colors and styles and relatively distinct wardrobes, so I can't see anyone getting confused and saying, "Wait, was that Amarena or Carissa?"

My characters are college students, and I justify such complex wardrobe work as reflecting their obsession with being hip and trendy. The real reason I'm doing it, though, is because I really enjoy wardrobe design. ^_^

Oh... and the most egregious example of characters who never changed their clothes has to be the Scooby-Doo cartoon. :D

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#19 Post by papillon »

I've definitely seen people on other boards complaining about bgame girls not changing their clothes, so I'm sure people will appreciate your fashion design. I just don't want to do all that work myself. :)