What is your type of guy when playing a GxB game?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Julie
Regular

What is your type of guy when playing a GxB game?

#1 Post by Julie »

This is just for reference. I have a few questions about the romantic interests you can get when playing a GxB game^^

1. What kind of guy do you go for first?
2. Your favorite stereotype/s for a guy (tsundere,shota,etc.) and why.
3. What is your preferred number of eligible guys in the game?
4. Do you think having a canon pair is good or bad? Why?
5. Is it okay to have a 'good' ending with a guy that is not romantic?
6. What kind of guy do you NOT like that would make you go for him last or not at all)?
7. Do you like fan service? xD

I will think of more questions later. :lol:

Robert Kirkland
Regular

Re: What is your type of guy when playing a GxB game?

#2 Post by Robert Kirkland »

1. Bad boy or tsundere.
2. Tsundere. They're so cuteeee~
3. 3-5
4. I don't really care, as long as I can go after the one I like.
5. Yup.
6. None really, except those generally unlikeable characters.
7. I'm not a pervert! yes please and lots of it

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#3 Post by teacup »

1. Usually the kind, sweet and caring type. Bad boys are okay too as long as they have a sweet side to them.
2. The dere type! Basically, I like nice guys who are not mean to the heroine, but can still tease her a little bit.
3. 3-4 seems like enough for me. I don't want too many guys because I probably wouldn't like them all anyway! And too little guys doesn't give enough options!
4. It depends. I think it's bad if the canon boy has a better story than all the other boy's stories. They all should have equally good stories. As long as no one's story gets shafted, it's fine.
5. As long as the guy doesn't go out of character. There can always be a "just friends" ending. Though I think even unromantic guys can develop loving feelings toward a girl!
6. Obsessive, clingy guys, creep me out a lot. For example, a guy who says he loves the heroine after knowing her just one day... I hate that. Shota characters too, because I'm not attracted to little boys! And guys who are too serious (such as your stereotypical glasses guy) because that just gets boring quickly.
7. Who doesn't!! Not too much though... xD

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#4 Post by Snowflower »

A lot of people might agree with me on this one. I usually go for the anti-social, bad boy-vibe guys first. I don't know. I just seem to be drawn to those kind of guys XD & their sprites are always hot!

Definitely TSUNDERE <3

Eh, I don't have a preference as long as the story make sense. But I would say 6 would be a max for me though. I don't think I can handle more than that, but a good number would have to be around 4

Eh... I don't know what canon pair is?

Like friendship? It depends on the story. If you're going for the romance in a game, then most players might be left disappointed if that's a frequent ending. However, if you want, it's your choice

6. What kind of guy do you NOT like that would make you go for him last or not at all)?
Guys with no substance. I want some personality. Nobody wants a plain guy.

If it's well made yes. If not, no
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Julie
Regular

#5 Post by Julie »

Robert Kirkland: Thank you very much! Your number 7 is funny! xDD

teacup: Thank you! We are the same, I don't like shota guys very much too.xD And what can you classify as fan service that is 'too much'? :D

Snowflower: Thank you. ^^ And a canon pair is like the official pairing in the game. ^^

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#6 Post by Snowflower »

Ah... Doesn't most games kind of have a canon pair made then? Within a story, some boys make more sense with the plot.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Julie
Regular

#7 Post by Julie »

There are some games that have an open ending. Harvest moon is an example since it doesn't have any official pairing. :)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#8 Post by teacup »

I mean when there's A LOT of fanservice. Like, wet shirtless guys every five minutes. XD I think its okay to have a few fanservice moments, but after a while its like, enough already!

Julie
Regular

#9 Post by Julie »

Hahahah! Every 5 minutes?! I see, I see...xD Okay I will keep that in mind, thank you! ^^

Mirage
Veteran

#10 Post by Mirage »

The guy who usually crack me up, or mysterious looking guy. +1 if it's a combination of these two.

I don't like stereotype. I personally prefer if the character doesn't fall into a mold. Surprise me, that's the key factor.

3-5. No more than that.

Why not. As long as it make sense in the story.

Why not. As long as it make sense in the story. (Cut and paste for the win.)

Characters with long hair, characters that scream I'm too cool for you, character with glasses, tsundere, shouta, -insert stereotype here- (I'm pretty hard to please, so most games I only chase 1-2 guys then gave up. lol)

It depends. If it's shirtless, bed scene, or forceful kiss, then no. And I don't like kiss scene every 5 seconds either. Kiss scene should be treated like death scene. Less is better.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#11 Post by sake-bento »

Snowflower wrote:4. Do you think having a canon pair is good or bad? Why?
owo

(I kid.)

The one who reminds me most of my boyfriend. XD The megane or the shy guy, usually.

Again, whoever reminds me of my boyfriend. I like the shy ones the most, but I also like guys with black hair or musical skill.

No preference as long as they're all interesting.

I usually don't like it because I feel like it's unfair to everyone else. For instance, my favorite CLANNAD character is Kotomi, and I'm kinda sad that Nagisa is somehow "better" than her because she's the canon girl for Tomoya. Of course, if it's based on a series with a canon couple already (like the Skip Beat! VN), then that's just fine for Ren to be canon over Sho or Reito.

Sure, as long as it's set up that way. I don't want to be strung along with the promise of romance only to find that there is none. I do like having non-romance endings, though, since not every relationship I have with a guy ends in romance.

Rapists. If a guy is a little jerkish, but he repents of his ways in the end, then that's cool, but I am absolutely not down with the ones who force themselves on a girl. There's nothing romantic about "I love you so much I won't take no for an answer." It's possible to be a bad boy and still respect a woman.

Well yeah, but not the usual skinship and stuff. I was raised in a household without much physical interaction, so I'm much more touched by different expressions of love, like cooking dinner or gratuitous gift-giving. If a guy plays a song for me, that hits my moe spot without a doubt.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#12 Post by LVUER »

In my first playthrough on any VN, I don't particularly pick a guy to go. I only go with the flow and choosing options that I want to choose, and then just see with who I end up with.

I don't know the Japanese jargon for it, but my favorite stereotype is an kind and caring senpai type.

Perhaps 4-5. 6 if there's hidden get-able boy.

Depending on the story/game type. But generally, let's not have a canon pair. Just leave it to the audience's imagination.

Why not? It's ok I think...

Bad boy type, arrogant type, cruel type... any or all of them.

Oh yes ^_^ But... I'm not interested in boy fanservice (I'm a boy too you see, it's a turn-off)
sake-bento wrote:
Snowflower wrote:4. Do you think having a canon pair is good or bad? Why?
owo

(I kid.)
LOL
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#13 Post by EternalDream »

1. The best looking guy :mrgreen: (Oh how shallow I am...) And probably the guy who can fight the best (From reading too much manhwa...)
2. Yandere or Tsundere... like them equally :3 Because... well, I don't know? O_O;; They just attract me XD
3. 3-5 probably because any more and the quality of the story can't maintain itself... (Though there are many exceptions but I'm just talking in a general sense)
4. Uh... I seem to be the only one who doesn't know but what's a canon pair? :oops:
5. Sure. ;D
6. The wimpy kind or the boring kind.
7. Well I would have to say no? For several reasons... first being I'm usually playing in the living room where my family can see me -w- second being sometimes artists draw them crappy even though their regular drawings are awesome which turns me off a bit... lol

GeminiStar00
Regular

#14 Post by GeminiStar00 »

1. The sweet, big-eyes, boyish-faced sorts of guys, the ones who are kind, gentle and maybe a little shy.
2. Kuudere, shy guys, and megane characters. Also twins.
3. At least 3, but when you can manage up to 6 it's awesome.
4. Depends on the series. If it's a dating simulation, no; if it's an anime version, then yeah.
5. Of course, though it's probably best if it's a secondary between the "Bad" and "Good" ends, rather than something that's done with only one or a few of the guys. It's a little dissapointing to play through a guy's story only to get a platonic friendship at the end; but if, say, you didn't quite get enough affection points or whatever to win him over but still spent a lot of time with him, and that got you a "Good Friends" ending, I can see that working.
6. Jocks, especially tsundere jocks and "popluar kid" stereotypes.
7. There are people who don't like fanservice?

Mirage
Veteran

#15 Post by Mirage »

^
I don't like fanservice. =P
They are not needed to make a good story.

P.S:
Canon pairing is true pairing that has the official seal of approval from the makers. It usually ties to the storyline the most, making their ending the true ending.