NaNoRenO 2006- Tick tock people!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
clubanimon
Regular

#16 Post by clubanimon »

...RAIN.....thats soooooo creppy Tom ^^;;;;

Quin
Regular

#17 Post by Quin »

PyTom wrote:Actually, your website is (and has been for a while) linked from the little www button at the bottom of each of your posts. So it was fairly easy to find your page from there.
Curses! Foiled again! (Actually, I knew my site was linked from there... but I didn't think anyone actually cared. Much to my surprise, I've had over 300 referrals from the forums in the last two weeks... almost twice as many as from Google!)
PyTom wrote:And if that fails, there's always my Ren'Ai Information Network (RAIN), which is more than happy to tap phone lines for me. :-)
Haha! I've been phone-line-less since early 2002. I was a semi-early adapter to the cell-only lifestyle. And I'm still using the same cell phone today I was then... a clunker the size of a hotdog bun which probably gives off enough ambient radiation that you can pick up my messages with a Geiger counter. ^_^

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Quin wrote:Actually, I knew my site was linked from there... but I didn't think anyone actually cared. Much to my surprise, I've had over 300 referrals from the forums in the last two weeks... almost twice as many as from Google!
I feel so clueless... how do you register a website with a search engine? Does it cost money? I've looked into promoting past websites before, but I never could find any free way to do it. Free being the operative word in that sentence...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#19 Post by PyTom »

By and large, the way to do it is to have decent content on your page, have people link to it, and then eventually the various search engines will find it and rank it.

You can add your site to Google by going to:

http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

But that's not the problem with your page, as you have a page in google, just not one with any pagerank. Look here. The google toolbar shows you at a page iwth basically 0 pagerank.

I'd imagine that's because there isn't any content on your page to entice people to visit, and also there is a broken image, which really doesn't help. Finally, it may hurt you that you're on geocities. (Although I don't know that for sure.)

BTW, you should never pay someone to try and increase your search engine placement. It's usually a waste of money, and if caught Google will remove you from their engine entirely.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

What? But... it isn't there? ....
hmmm....
BLAST YOU FIREFOX!!
Try using IE, everything works just fine.

This isn't the first problem I've run into with FireFox... It seems all my sites have a problem with FireFox- except for the one I just made for my team... (I've now switched over to firefox, as IE crashes inexplicably every five minutes on my machine O_o;;; )
I don't get it... It seems to be a problem with my external CSS file... Any ideas?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. It seems I was using "\" instead of "/" as my file separator... *incoherent muttering*

PixelWrangler
Regular

#21 Post by PixelWrangler »

Just wanted to pop in and wish all NNRO participants the best of luck. Unless I have a drastic change of heart, I won't be participating this year, due to a backlog of other projects I really should keep focused on, but I hope everyone who participates has fun and gets a lot out of it.

Minna, ganbatte yo!

P.W.

P.S. -
Shii wrote:http://tano.shii.org/ is where I will put my game when it is finished.
Just wanted to express my admiration for this clever use of the Japanese language. ^^
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Dre
Regular

#22 Post by Dre »

I just completed a teaser picture for the heck of it.

No real progress, so this might be the last time you hear from me in a while. Later!

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#23 Post by Watercolorheart »

Please put me back on the Nanoreno list. I'm working on a less ambitious project called Limitations that I hope will be done before 20 days is up. It's in black and white and isn't written as ... in-depthly as Unwoven/Unraveled was.

TMBpower
Regular

#24 Post by TMBpower »

Yo Dre, how long does your shading take? Looks fantastic.

Good luck everyone.*cheer*
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

Akimaru
Regular

#25 Post by Akimaru »

I have been comsumed with my web designing site lately.
But I should get started pronto...I hope to be able to finish my project without rushing things.

Good luck to all participants.

Dre
Regular

#26 Post by Dre »

TMBpower wrote:Yo Dre, how long does your shading take? Looks fantastic.
I didn't record the time it took for this one, but it doesn't take that long since I'm so use to doing it.

Let's see, including the inking and coloring I should be able to complete at least 2 characters in a day(plus breaks and expressions) Good thing I only need to do 3. :D

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#27 Post by Watercolorheart »

While I, on the other hand, have the difficulty of merging 2d with 3d and realistic photos with renders - as well as animating ...

It's funny, I've never made the 3d anime characters before ... even if I am forever fixing the lines to make them smoother during the animation process. It's new, and therefore fresh to me, a challenge. :D
Attachments
sumire.gif
(51.08 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
shara.gif
shara.gif (93.63 KiB) Viewed 2114 times

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#28 Post by rioka »

Sweet! Previews already. Almost makes me want to show something to. Almost. ;)
Anyways, new list:

NaNoRenO
Akimaru
BCS
Dre
gekiganwing
herenvardo
Megaman Z
Quin
Shii

IntRenAiMo
Alessio
Blue Lemma
bookie
clubanimon
DigiBloo
Rio
Sakura Maple
ShiraiJunichi

clubanimon
Regular

#29 Post by clubanimon »

You should probably attach me to bookie, theres no way i can complete two peices at once, particuarly since this is the week before finals here at campus ^^;

unless bookie doesn't want my name on 'Well Met' >>;

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I really lucked out. Next week is spring break for me. That should give me plenty of time to get a whole lot done ^_^