NaNoRenO 2006- Tick tock people!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Quin
Regular

#61 Post by Quin »

Much appreciated, Grey... especially the below-the-fold comments. I indeed will be "a few weeks late"... and I value the encouragement from someone who's been in the same boat.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#62 Post by Counter Arts »

Hey, I didn't make it either! A little thing called NachOS prevented me from doing much of anything at all.

But I will press on!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#63 Post by mikey »

PyTom wrote:I've added links to NaNoRenO participants that I know about with blogs and/or pages about their game to The Big Board.
Huh? Ren'Py fan page?! 8)
Things sure keep on going.

RedSlash
Veteran

#64 Post by RedSlash »

Renpy fan site?? That is sooo weird! The website doesn't have much content on it, but it looks like another site that'll archieve games.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#65 Post by rioka »

Just wanted to announce that yes, my game - Blind Love - will be completed. I'm currently waiting for the music which will be redone to an ogg format.

While BL is in hiatus, I'll be working on getting the Foxtaile artwork done this month and I may be done with that by the end of the month. =)

Btw... <.< >.> There is a preview of how the character art will look like in BL.... somewhere... <.< >.>

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#66 Post by mikey »

Whaaa, I can't find it! :(
No matter, I'm glad that BL will arrive eventually. I enjoyed both your games and this one I'm really looking forward to as well.

Anyway, I wonder how other people are doing with their NaNoRenO entries. So far, no belated release yet. I think Ashes To The Wind is being updated regularly, but I'm not sure with the other ones.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#67 Post by rioka »

Yeah, how is everyone else doing with their NaNoRenO project? They can't all have dropped from the face of the earth! ;)
Check my sig ^_~

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Just finished finals this week- I just resumed work on my project yesterday. Don't have much of an idea on a release date yet. "Soon" should suffice ^_^

Quin
Regular

#69 Post by Quin »

eclipse wrote:Yeah, how is everyone else doing with their NaNoRenO project? They can't all have dropped from the face of the earth! ;)
I think I'm actually working harder on Ashes to the Wind now than I did in March! >,<

I think by the end of this evening, I'll be able to call AttW 80% complete. It's missing most of the music, most of the actual dialogue/narration (the story is complete, but hasn't been written into final words in the script) and a few more pieces of background art.

I'd like to float "mid-May" as a possible release time... but I know how unpredictable things can be, so I won't guarantee it.

bookie
Veteran

#70 Post by bookie »

My game has always been a side project, and as time goes by I just get busier.

But I still work on it maybe two hours a week, so -someday- it should be finished.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#71 Post by monele »

*gets into dark robes and mutters incantations*.... Resurrection!

Ahem ^^;... Sorry, but I just wanted to know, from all the announced Nanoreno projects, how many were still in progress or at least of an unknown status ?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#72 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, three months after... well I dare say that all the NNRN/IRNM projects have been transformed into "it's done when it's done", so I don't think that anyone is rushing it these days. I hope that eclipse can release BL soon, but I can't really call any of the other entries. Except those that are essentially discontinued.

So it came like this, no projects after the deadline. But on the positive side it just shows how much the NNRN month can motivate. It also may be a good motivating statistic - no one forces you to keep the one-month deadline, but if you know that finishing becomes statistically almost impossible, it's an indirect push. I think it could be a good thing, even the death clock would have more respect...

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#73 Post by monele »

Mmm, strange, I really thought there were at least 2 other projects in the making ô_o... Maybe they're not NNRM then ^^;...
Well if anyone has such a project on the run, check in here ;)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#74 Post by rioka »

mikey wrote:I hope that eclipse can release BL soon
Yup! Count on it. =)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#75 Post by mikey »

^_^ and I just added another "reminder" about this to the mail I sent you. Sorry.
But anyway, pressure is the whole point of NNRN, right?
And I am already trying out things like "http://www.renaigames.net/rio/BlindLove.exe". Yes, that's how badly I want it. 8)