Renpygame Usage

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Friendbot2000
Regular
Projects: Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing

Renpygame Usage

#1 Post by Friendbot2000 »

I am using renpygame for the combat portion of my game and I was wondering how many of Lemmasofts users use renpygame in their games. I make this inquiry because I want to know about your experience using it and any tips you could possibly give me. So what have you you got for me? ;)
Visit my game development group's Facebook page : Timekeeper Games
Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing Facebook Page
Follow our Twitter feed too : TK Games

clannadman

Re: Renpygame Usage

#2 Post by clannadman »

I use Renpy and it's quite simple to use. The wiki comes in handy and it follows Python at its most basic level, so even I can understand it :mrgreen:

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#3 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

And the engine is quite powerful last time I checked.

Theoretically I can construct a working economic model with money supply, central banking system, interest rate, inflation and all the other aspects of a modern macroeconomy.
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

Friendbot2000
Regular
Projects: Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing

#4 Post by Friendbot2000 »

Argeus_the_Paladin wrote:And the engine is quite powerful last time I checked.

Theoretically I can construct a working economic model with money supply, central banking system, interest rate, inflation and all the other aspects of a modern macroeconomy.
Are you talking about Ren'py or Renpygame? As far as I know, Renpygame is a special subset engine of Renpy. At least that is what I understand. I have caught snippets of conversation in my constant combing of Lemmasoft for mentions of Renpygame that lead me to suspect that Renpygame is just an update of Renpy as a whole. Can anyone clarify this for me? I am looking at the wiki and it only makes a mention of where you can get it. It doesn't really have any documentation of how Renpygame integrates with Renpy itself and the Pygame website has really poor documentation on the matter. I am doing my research as you can tell. At this point I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Edit: I have found the answer! I have also found out that Renpy also has the capabilities that I need for the game I am making. I might not even have to use pygame ^v^
Visit my game development group's Facebook page : Timekeeper Games
Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing Facebook Page
Follow our Twitter feed too : TK Games