What I did last week (Week ending 3/06/11)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

What I did last week (Week ending 3/06/11)

#1 Post by Megaman Z »

PyTom wrote:Welcome to the first "What I Did Last Week" thread. Over the last couple of years, I've noticed that there's a lot of posting, and especially concrete posting, towards the start and end of projects --- but not much in the middle. The hope is that this series of threads will fix this, by providing a place for people to talk about what they've done over the course of time. To help foster a sense of community, I want to try time-based threads, rather than project-based threads.

The challenge here is simply to post, once a week, a synopsis of what you did in the last week; and to do so at a level of detail that will let people follow along and make suggestions.

A couple of rules:

1. Anyone can make a new What I Did Last Week thread, if the old one is out of date. The goal is to post at least once weekly, with weeks running Sunday-Saturday. If you don't see a thread, make a new one. (If more than one thread for a week is created, we'll merge them.)

2. Be specific. Don't just post, "I wrote 100 words, made 2 sprites, and made 1 background." Show us - give us a synopsis or excerpt of the writing, or post a picture or two. The idea is to give people something to comment on, rather than going "yeah, that's nice." Use spoiler tags for large, game-ruining spoilers - but maybe not small ones, as people should expect some spoilers here.

3. Collaborative Criticism is welcome. This should be considered a "Critique Please" thread. That means that if you have suggestions for how a project can be made better, post them. If there's something you especially like or dislike, post about it.

4. Don't post lack-of-progress reports. If you didn't do anything this week (and it happens to everyone), don't post about it here.

This is an experiment; I hope it leads to more discussion of in progress games, and I hope that discussion leads to more and better games.
PyTom wrote:As a reminder to everyone, the motto here is Be Specific. We want to know what's going on, not just raw counts.
~Kitsune Zeta

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: What I did last week (Week ending 3/06/11)

#2 Post by SusanTheCat »

my NaNoRenO project:
- I finished the first pass of the script 50,000 down to 19,000 words
- I drew 3 sprites, 3 backgrounds
- found spooky music for my game

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

Let's see... Over the last week:
  • * I learned the basics of Screen Language (which I like better than the ui.* functions).
    * got roughly about 80% of the intro on my NaNoRenO project done. (405 words across 14 screens, according to Lint. I seem to be slow at writing story...)
    * Constructed the entirety of the statusbar at the top - pending changes to one other screen, it is done.
    * Constructed the bulk of the Stats screen - Still not finished, but it is usable and has the essential stuff in it.
    * Wrote this article on Screen Language, which looks at and reconstructs the statusbar mentioned two bullet points up.
~Kitsune Zeta

Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

#4 Post by Lotus »

Started my first VN and first NaNoRenO. I must be insane tackling my first VN for NaNoRenO, but I'm stubborn so I'll end up finishing it.

Let's see, I probably wrote about 1,500 words across 100-200 screens of dialogue. I feel slow compared to everyone else D:
I also got about 8 of the backgrounds done, finished one character's sprites and started on two other sprites.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#5 Post by Starling »

Embarked on my first NaNoRenO~

-First draft completed ~7000 word script
-Three sprites completed sans expressions
-Happy Backwards team went in and helped to revise plot of script
-Self Edited the first draft and am currently adding in probably about 5000 words in the middle

Oh and I did homework XD Lots of homework.

I hope to have the script mostly in its final form by next week so HB can focus on putting it together and seeing what else it needs for the next two weeks before it needs to be turned it.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#6 Post by KomiTsuku »

As opposed to last week, I started working on my projects again.

-3,000 words wrote
-Commissioned 3 artists to help do the CGs. Looking to hire more...
-Designed and programmed in the text box. Nothing special, but totally cooler than our last ones.
-10 characters with anywhere from 5-20 sprites. Not even close to being done with them yet.
-Gathered up all the backgrounds I need.

I need to go dig up the cookbook code for galleries and round up the music still. I'm starting to worry a little about the size of this NaNoRenO project.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#7 Post by kinougames »

We:
---Finished all GUI pieces except one! :D YAY~!
---Finished all the basic code in Java and now are working on implementing small elements to make it more AI like.
---Worked on breaking up the voice acting into useable parts.
---Have started coloring pieces en masse!
---Completed three more endings. :)
---Balanced the design for the "personality" system.
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!