Does anyone have the sprites from Ever 17 Out Of Infinity?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Prince Asbel

Does anyone have the sprites from Ever 17 Out Of Infinity?

#1 Post by Prince Asbel »

I especially want the sprites for Takeshi and Kid- though I wouldn't mind having the sprites for everyone else as well. I'm experimenting with Novelty right now, but I have no skills in making my own sprites. I really want Takeshi if nobody else, but hey, I'll take whatever anyone has to offer.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Does anyone have the sprites from Ever 17 Out Of Infinit

#2 Post by LVUER »

Is it have to be him? If not, why don't you use (free) dolls or other free sprite that you could easily get from the internet (and there are several free awesome sprites in this forum also).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Prince Asbel

#3 Post by Prince Asbel »

I don't like any of the other free sprites online- at least, not for the character I want to portray.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#4 Post by pondrthis »

There's a high chance E17 and R11 (Remember11) used the same game engine. Research to confirm this is true before moving on.

The hacker for TLWiki's translation of R11 has tools to extract files from the game's archives... at the very least, the scripts. You might try to bug him for the tools and ask if they'll work on images too. Just, uh... DON'T tell him I sent you.

Otherwise... why not just use good-old print screen? It might be less of a hassle to use some tricky Adobe Illustrator work to remove the area around him for each pose and then just plug and chug for the different expressions.

All these assume you have the game. There's pretty much no way around that, and really, you have no business using material from a game you don't even own.

Prince Asbel

#5 Post by Prince Asbel »

According to who? As far as I know, as long as you're not trying to sell a game with those sprites in I and/or passing them off as your own, it's perfectly legal. Alas, no, I don't own the game, so I can neither print screen them or hack them. I only have the demo version.

Of course, if anyone here has a copy they're willing to part with, I'd be very interested to hear about it. ;)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#6 Post by KomiTsuku »

Prince Asbel wrote:According to who? As far as I know, as long as you're not trying to sell a game with those sprites in I and/or passing them off as your own, it's perfectly legal. Alas, no, I don't own the game, so I can neither print screen them or hack them. I only have the demo version.

Of course, if anyone here has a copy they're willing to part with, I'd be very interested to hear about it. ;)
Actually, that isn't legal. It is a pretty blatant violation of intellectual copyright laws, as you are using someone's work without their permission. While most creators won't press the issue, most of the time it being fan stuff, which is generally ignored, it is within their right. Just mind the ground you tread.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#7 Post by pondrthis »

It's illegal to use IP that doesn't belong to you no matter the usage. But like the poster above said, it isn't enforced often.

But what I was referencing was the fact that you haven't even paid for the right to SEE the images, let alone USE them. Since, you know, buying the game is required to see them. And unless you can justify "fair use" rationale, the point that the images are in the free demo is bunk.

I was just trying to be helpful, though T.T it's pretty much hopeless if you don't have the game.

Edit: Wow, triple post! Thank goodness for the delete button.

Silphy

#8 Post by Silphy »

Prince Asbel wrote:According to who? As far as I know, as long as you're not trying to sell a game with those sprites in I and/or passing them off as your own, it's perfectly legal. Alas, no, I don't own the game, so I can neither print screen them or hack them. I only have the demo version.

Where does this mentality come from? I see a lot of people who are under the impression that they can use ANYTHING they want (images, music, videos) as long as what they produce using the content is "free" and they credit the original creator.

that only applies to properties that are "free use" or fall under a similar CC license, but for some reason people are assuming that everything is free use? even for commercial games they don't even own?

Why not take a popular song from the radio (for this example lets say its...some lady gaga song)
you don't buy the CD, just download the music somehow, then put it in your (free) game and credit lady gaga.

does that really sound like its legal? because it isn't. firstly your stealing the song (or images in this case) in the first place, secondly you are redistributing it (no one really gets arrested for stealing music online...but for distributing music online to other people? people actually get arrested for that.

Sorry...I went on a bit of a rant, it just bothers me because I see so many people that think they can use whatever they want. I think sharing resources is a great thing, and that's why we have the creative commons. If you really want the sprites why not ask the creators directly? if they say no, then you have no business using it. If they say yes, then clearly it won't be a problem, and they could supply you the clean sprites directly.

Prince Asbel

#9 Post by Prince Asbel »

Yeah, you guys are right- especially about the music thing. It's just that sprites are so widely available and in the public arena, and as far as I can tell, video game companies never get up in arms about people using their sprites, so functionally speaking, it seems permissible to me.

So... Does anyone have a copy of Ever 17? I'm really wishing hard here, I know, but even if I weren't making my own novel, I still am really interested in getting my own copy.