School Clubs

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
namakemono-chan

Re: School Clubs

#16 Post by namakemono-chan »

Hm, I joined the Arts Club currently now in my junior high. It seems that Lit. club doesn't exist here in my school

Anyways, I would love to have a club about like 'otoge club7 >_> haha, sound stupid, but i would have love to see many otome game fans around my school if ever there is..... TT^TT
Last edited by namakemono-chan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my blog:Otome Science

Forgive the bad English, English is not my first language nor second; It's currently my 3rd language.

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#17 Post by Pyonkotchi »

I'm in a anime Japanese Culture club. I'm thinking maybe some sort of *insert-name*-Culture club.
Debate Team. Any kinds of Sports. Art Clubs... Drama club, Student Council (Perhaps the Absurdly powerful variety?) Band/Music club. Gardening club,

depends on what your plot revolves on, or at least is important to a specific character. A Shy Megane might be in the Book Club, etc :>

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#18 Post by Blue Lemma »

Avaible wrote:game-makers club; there should be a club for making games (of any kind) in any school
Yeah, wishful thinking ...
I actually started a Video Game Makers' Club in high school :lol: Unfortunately, when it came time to do work, people disappeared. *sigh*

My high school had a Donut Club, too. People would pitch in a small fee and then someone would get donuts for everyone to eat once a week.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by SusanTheCat »

I want to start a RoboCode (http://robocode.sourceforge.net/) club in my son's school.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

Japanese culture club. My friends joined that kind of club when he's in uni. I was "wow"-ed at him until he admits that what he (and his friends) did in the club was just watching anime -_-
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

komicer
Regular

#21 Post by komicer »

Anime-focused clubs are quite common in the tertiary institutions of my country. Almost all of them have such a club in one form of another and it acts as a platform for artists, cosplayers, writers, photographers, anyone with an interest or passing interest in animanga subculture to get together and do stuffs. Knowing the kind of interactions that occur in such clubs and the fact that a good number of VN creators would be familiar with the context, I thought such a setting would be rather... common.
Collateral Damage Studios
Website / Facebook / Twitter

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#22 Post by cloudyssky »

A math club or a chess club, or maybe even a debate club. I've been part of the last two, and they were always fun for me. I've also always wanted to join a math club, but currently my school doesn't offer anything of the sort, and it would be very hard to get people interested in one if I tried to start one.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#23 Post by LVUER »

Hey, you'll never know if you don't try. Who knows there are more nerds out there than you thought ^_^

Before you make an application to make the club though, make your own survey to ensure there are enough (would-be) members interested joining your (would-be) club.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW