Problem with Hosting and Distributing... Please help

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Problem with Hosting and Distributing... Please help

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

If you email your game to pytom@bishoujo.us, I will find a temporary place for your game on the server that hosts the archives and this forum.

I'll figure out what to do about permanent hosting once NaNoRenO is over. (Probably, I'll be putting together the "visual storytelling" archive as a superset of the RAA.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

I might be able to host for a bit as well, since I haven't had a release lately (and thus haven't been using much bandwidth.) If you'd like me to host, too, let me know and I'll see what I can do 8)

herenvardo
Veteran

#4 Post by herenvardo »

I might host some games for a mid-long term. I've already commented that on http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... c&start=40.
Actually, I'm only using 0.2% of my available bandwith, and a similar ratio of my disk space. So, if you want me to host it, let me know either by post or PM ;) 8)
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

PyTom wrote:I'll figure out what to do about permanent hosting once NaNoRenO is over. (Probably, I'll be putting together the "visual storytelling" archive as a superset of the RAA.)
Hmmm, I think that's a good idea if an expansion is unavoidable. The complex would host either visual storytelling games and/or ren'ai games (some games may fall into both categories), and we'd have most of the ren'ai/VN discussion solved.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#6 Post by PyTom »

mikey wrote:Hmmm, I think that's a good idea if an expansion is unavoidable. The complex would host either visual storytelling games and/or ren'ai games (some games may fall into both categories), and we'd have most of the ren'ai/VN discussion solved.
I think an expansion is unavoidable, so I think the best bet would be for me to set up the visual storytelling game archive as an adjunct to the RAA. The two sites would share databases and engine code, and we'd simply flag in the database which sites a game should be placed on.

At the same time, I'll probably add a more generic way of assigning tags to games. At the very least, I'm thinking of adding an incomplete tag (for games like Amatire), and perhaps also allowing demos into the archive, under a demo tag.

Comments would be appreciated, but also note that I'm not planning on doing this for a while. (At least, not until the magic-removal branch of django stabilizes.)

Until then, I've raised the attachment quota limit on the board to 50mb, so people will be able to post new games directly to the board. (Please don't abuse this ability.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

Thanks!... and a preview of things to come

#7 Post by mugenjohncel »

Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

Re: Thanks!... and a preview of things to come

#8 Post by Watercolorheart »

mugenjohncel wrote:Thanks! :D

Now that hosting problem has been solved...

Now I can finally concentrate on finishing my game.

Attached here is a JPEG image of a house which I am going to use in the game.

I originally planned to use a 3D rendering program to speed up the process of making backgrounds but the finished render looked rushed (and doesn't blend with the characters) so I decided to throw away 3D and do it the old fashioned way and Draw and Ink it manually which looked a lot better not to mention the fact that the background blends with the character perfectly.

Quality is better than Quantity... thats my motto.

it's been four years since I did some serious programming and i definitely want to make this something special.

Any comments and suggestions is welcome so i can improve and deliver a quality game.

I also plan to post tutorials on making and coloring backgrounds in the future... look forward to it.

Hope you like my preview.
Wow, the art looks pretty good. I've been rendering mine, but I have a - um - shortcut to mixing 3d, photographs, and drawn bgs and characters. Everything is in black and white. 'Cause I'm cheap. XP.

You make me wonder how you get so much art done in time for the deadline ...

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

Thanks for the compliment

#9 Post by mugenjohncel »