Ask about Bass material

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
ziaziany
Regular

Ask about Bass material

#1 Post by ziaziany »

I noticed that some of the games here use some of materials from Bass (http://bassnovel.com/)
I'm not a bass member, not going to be, so I don't really know about the things and wanna ask your guys who is a member or experienced it.

I'm working on a Visual Game with certain people. (It's not really matter, but you may know it already :) )
As I play through the progress, I recognized some songs I heard before, they're sound like song in another game or single from an artist, they're not really the same though, the rhythm and melody is alike but the key is different , maybe I'm not really good at music things though, so don't know how to explain
I ask my teammate where she got it from, she tell me it's from bass.
Anyways we change the song in our game now. :)

So I have a question if anyone know where bass material are actually form or is it's really free to use. :?

Any kind of opinion welcomed.
Call me "Zia"

English isn't my first language ,so I'm sorry if I said some non-understandable stuff ''| OTZ
My Deviant ID http://crezia.deviantart.com

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: Ask about Bass material

#2 Post by SilverxBlue »

I've been on that website before and I couldn't really understand how everything works there. *Is bricked for being so slow -_-*

I think it really is free for use though, and the materials there were made by the developers/admins of bassnovel themselves, because I saw one thread there that says that you have to apply to the admins or something before you could upload your very own self-made graphics, music etc. that you would like everyone to use.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

clannadman

#3 Post by clannadman »

The material on there should be free for use unless specified by the user who posts it. It depends if you'd rather use unseen content though (in case you have some players who may recognise the music/art etc).

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#4 Post by Elenakiara »

Yup, I think that it's free if you say who drew it! :)

Since Bassnovel is just the software and images... They put their art out there for people to use it in their programming... But, we use it for another software of the same nature! xD So I think that there's no prob. :3
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!