Help ? (:

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
RainingRipples
Projects: An Otome Game. (;

Help ? (:

#1 Post by RainingRipples »

Alright, So I'm this super ambitious person and I'm aiming to create this otome game.
...That was an Icebreaker. :S
Ahaha, anyhoo I really need help.
No as in physically, but like, I'm sort of stuck on what to do next. Or like, what to start on first ? :3
Hahah, I kid. I've started already.
I've done the basic, full-body character sprites and started on the story-line, [ Like 3% or something. ==" But I have heaps of it written in my head. I'm just too lazy to get it typed up.. o.e ]
I've listed all the game features, basic info, decided what the layout will look like and yea..
Now I'm stuck.
I think ? I should find people to help with art / colouring / linearting, music and stuff ? Or should that come later ?
Argh. ):
help ? ^_^
keke. thanks. (:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Help ? (:

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

You should definitely try to get most of the script written out first. It is a long and hard task and not much can be done unless it gets done. You need to decide on branching paths and the like as well. There are two main reasons why you should at least get a huge chunk of this out of the way. 1. Is that no-one will know what you want if you haven't written it up. Having a written script helps to eliminate unnecessary work and stop people from doing work that isn't going to be used. 2. Is that people will be more inclined to help and stick around if they know you have got most of the script written. So get writing!

James
Regular
Projects: The Alumnus

#3 Post by James »

I should find people to help with art / colouring / linearting, music and stuff ? Or should that come later ?
EDIT: Ahh... Auro-Cyanide beat me to it lol.

Just follow 2 steps

1. Create a post about the VN story you have in "Work in Progress feedback" so people are aware what kind of project you're doing.
2. In that same post ask for people to see if they are interested in helping out with Art, Writing, Programing, or Music (What ever part you don't want to do).

It's important that the person you work with is interested in your VN, otherwise they won't randomly help you unless there's something in it for them like commission or a trade that you to help their VN.
ImageImage
W.I.P. Script demo available

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#4 Post by platonicheart »

I think you should start by posting a quick summary about your story so that it could attract interests. Next you should let them see about the progress that you've made so far, preferably in percentage. Then, you should also indicate in your thread about the assistance that you would be needing, then indicate the requirements you want or if none then don't write anything more :lol: Though, I would love to do some art for you or be a proofreader/betatester:) That is if you like to :D

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

RainingRipples
Projects: An Otome Game. (;

#5 Post by RainingRipples »

wow, thank you guys so much ! ^_^
i shall get along with this stuff then, :D
and sure i'd love that when i get to that. :D
thanks again ! (:

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#6 Post by Sapphi »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:You should definitely try to get most of the script written out first. It is a long and hard task and not much can be done unless it gets done. You need to decide on branching paths and the like as well. There are two main reasons why you should at least get a huge chunk of this out of the way. 1. Is that no-one will know what you want if you haven't written it up. Having a written script helps to eliminate unnecessary work and stop people from doing work that isn't going to be used. 2. Is that people will be more inclined to help and stick around if they know you have got most of the script written. So get writing!
This. It is 100% more enjoyable (and easy) to create art for a script that is already there. The tone of your story and the personality of your characters should decide the way you draw backgrounds and sprites, and you won't fully know what the "feel" of your game is going to be until you write it. At least, that's how it is for me. My characters usually develop themselves to a point where I can say "Yes, they would make this pose" or "No, that isn't like them." But it's only after writing it out that I'll really be able to know.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬