Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.

Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am 

Completed: Starfighter: Eclipse, Hustle Cat, We Know the Devil, Rose of Winter
Organization: Pillow Fight
Twitter: @jozerphine
itch.io: pillowfight

Ghosts of Miami, a mystery-solving VN with five romance routes, is on Steam Greenlight and we could really use your votes!

http://ghostsofmiami.com/greenlight

It's 1986, and Chelo Martínez is an aspiring PI who dedicates her life to finding people who fall through the cracks. She has to explore the back alleys and beaches of Miami to solve five cases -- and you get to choose where she goes. But along the way, you can get to know five romantic interests, and they may distract you from your true purpose. Balance your love life with your crime-solving, and you may uncover Chelo's biggest mystery: the disappearance of her father, ten years ago.

The Details

Pillow Fight
Hi! I'm Jo, and this is my first time on the Lemmasoft forums, despite working on multiple commercial VNs over the years! I produced: Starfighter: Eclipse, Hustle Cat, We Know the Devil, and Rose of Winter! Ghosts of Miami is a game that I wrote, which features the work of amazing artists. Our sprites were designed and created by Cassie Freire of Catnip Circle, and our lush neon BGs were drawn by Iasmin Omar Ata, of Mis(h)adra! We commissioned a lot of stuff for this game, including a hand-animated opening, a song by a live band, a beautiful 80s synth OST, and some adorable pixel sprites for loading zones!

Attachment:
loading_taxi.gif
loading_taxi.gif [ 38.5 KiB | Viewed 477 times ]

More screenshots at the Ghosts of Miami itch.io page!

Romance Options!

Parttimestorier asked about romance options, so I pulled some sprites from the game! No cool character cards (maybe I'll make them when we get closer to launch!) but here's some good, romanceable people!

Image Image Image

Janet performs as drag king Prince Charming at a run-down drag revue called The Cannery. As Prince, he's brave and fiercely protective, but as a former Tennessee redneck, maybe he doesn't have the street smarts to navigate all of Miami's mainland.

Ethan is an EMT, working double shifts to save enough money for medical school. You're both so busy, it's hard to find time for a date -- unless a missing person has brought you to the hospital where he works. He wants to love you so much... but your line of work is so dangerous...

Tala is a high school senior, and your very biggest fan in the whole wide world! She's a nerd for Miami Vice, and is auditioning for some local TV shows. But after she sees the excitement of helping you out on some cases, maybe she's got the chops to be a PI too...?

Image Image

Luci is my favorite, haha. On the outside, she seems like a ditzy princess, the daughter of a minor lieutenant in the Escobar family. But maybe she knows more about the family business -- drug-running, smuggling, and murder -- than you care to remember. She's your childhood best friend, but a dangerous one to have.

The mysterious Richard. He's recently hired your excon brother, and he offers to help you with some underworld connections and info. But you don't know WHY he's helping. Dodgy, handsome, and mysterious--and he's really interested in you.

Hope this piques your interest enough to run to Greenlight and give us a vote!

Thanks!

Last edited by jozerphine on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am 
Regular

Projects: Pinewood Island, Possessed, Unnamed VN
Organization: Scribble Games
Twitter: @wafflesrthebest
Tumblr: doodlesatbreakfast
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch.io: scribbles
This looks really well done and super cute! I also played hustle cat which was a lot of fun ^ ^

welcome to the forum, and good luck with the new game

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm 
Regular

Tumblr: parttimestorier
This sounds really cute, I gave you a vote on greenlight! I'd love to know some more detail about the love interests, since I was intrigued by [GxAll]. How many romance options are which genders? Are some (or all) of them ghosts?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm 
Regular

Twitter: @allisonrose
I loooove the 80s style you have going on.
Voted - I am looking forward to it!

I've been working a lot with Fungus as well, so it's nice to see games that are using it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am 

Completed: Starfighter: Eclipse, Hustle Cat, We Know the Devil, Rose of Winter
Organization: Pillow Fight
Twitter: @jozerphine
itch.io: pillowfight
parttimestorier wrote:
This sounds really cute, I gave you a vote on greenlight! I'd love to know some more detail about the love interests, since I was intrigued by [GxAll]. How many romance options are which genders? Are some (or all) of them ghosts?

Updated the OP with sprites of the romance options! Everyone else, thank you for your support! ;~; I'll probably do a follow up post, since we ordered an enormous number of NPC sprites, all of whom I'm completely in love with.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:20 pm 
Veteran

Projects: We Are the Hunted, Heart Shard
Twitter: @nuxill
Tumblr: nuxill
I saw this on twitter and I'm excited for it! I get a slight ace attorney vibe from the game play and I'm always hungry for that kind of content.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm 
Regular

Tumblr: parttimestorier
Aww no ghost love interests, haha. (Unless some of them are hiding it?) But lovely art - I think Luci will be my favourite too. Good luck with everything!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:56 am 
Regular

Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], Homecoming [IP], The Rose of Segunda [IP], Heaven's Grave [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP], The Rose of Segunda [IP],The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
I love the art for this this, so colourful. I'll certainly download the demo and give it a try. ^_^

Best of luck with the project

Blackcross

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:20 pm 

Completed: Weeaboo Hotline, Hiki wants a child
Projects: Lady Killers, Cleo's Case, Aijikou Academy
Organization: sasskurasaphicgames
Tumblr: ggdevblogg (or) gensuta
Deviantart: gensuta
Soundcloud: gensuta
itch.io: sasskurasaphicgames
Just finished playing the demo and I also voted for it on steam greenlight. Loved playing the demo, specifically I just love that its set in the 80s because the art and music fits so well and are both beautiful!! Can't wait for the full game!