Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
chiharuchi
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:13 am
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#91 Post by chiharuchi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Aaahhhhh yesssss I love them!

User avatar
Pinlin
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#92 Post by Pinlin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 am

runeraccoon wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:09 pm
Whoa! Jace looks so intense and too cool. It's unbelieveable how I've become more shocked for the quality than before.

Also, I'd agree with you, the new resolution looks really good, composition wise.
I'm glad that the quality doesn't disappoint you xD I only make decisions that would improve a lot, minor changes are barely noticeable.
Thank you for continuously checking out updates on this post!
Lesleigh63 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 pm
Nice to see this is still being worked on.

Love your art Pinlin. That music illustration is gorgeous.
Thank you for supporting, I'm glad to see you again. I was still working on this project, but barely made any updates on lemmasoft because I didn't know if people were interested. I shouldn't jump into conclusions and just keep my post active.

It makes me happy to hear that. I'll continue sharing my concepts : )
chiharuchi wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:44 pm
Aaahhhhh yesssss I love them!
Thank you, Chiharuchi! ^_^

------

I already made many updates on art assets, so I switch to a different topic for refreshment.
This is a character popularity poll from 2015, and reactions from the characters. I thought it's still fun to show.
The statics shifted since then, but I will post an update of that later.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Image

User avatar
Amberbaum
Regular
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#93 Post by Amberbaum » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 am

Aww, the MC goes full savage mode in the last panel :lol:

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#94 Post by Akemi-Takashi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Nuuuuuuu Sachiroooooo XD
Protect le cinnamon roll! in the pretense that he's not the murderer, that is /shot
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

User avatar
Pinlin
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#95 Post by Pinlin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Amberbaum wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 am
Aww, the MC goes full savage mode in the last panel :lol:
Her personality is so savage. Poor Sachiro though xD
Akemi-Takashi wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm
Nuuuuuuu Sachiroooooo XD
Protect le cinnamon roll! in the pretense that he's not the murderer, that is /shot
Cinnamon rolls are suspicious 0v0 His first impression is still innocent af


It happens to be coincidence that I make many shots of night skies. The heroine watching sky filled with mini airballoons. So close, yet so far - referring to demo release.

Image
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Image

User avatar
abscission
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:03 am
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves
Skype: lyn
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#96 Post by abscission » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 am

WOW this game looks amazing already. The art is serious business. Might I suggest to update the cover artwork - that big spread you've got right on page one? It looks a little too glossy, and does not quite reflect the sketchy, hand-drawn style of the promotional artwork that you upload afterwards, which was what drew me in.

I will be following this project, and hope to see it to completion! No rush, pace yourself, this seems a huge undertaking and you've already made it this far, watch for burn out!

This will be an amazing game, I'm sure!

User avatar
HimeNaya
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:23 pm
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#97 Post by HimeNaya » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Your art is extremely beautiful! I'm really looking forward to this! The story sounds interesting and your character designs are lovely! <3 I will keep a watch for updates!

User avatar
Mello-Knight
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:42 am
Projects: Band Camp Boyfriend
Tumblr: Mello-Knight
Deviantart: twilitprincess
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#98 Post by Mello-Knight » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Your art is amazing and it's really impressive that you're making this all on your own! I'm interested in the mystery element and the guys are really hot ahaha. I'm not sure who my favorite is! The side characters look really good too. I'm wishing some of them were dateable. Anyways, I'll have to get back to you on who is the best. :)
Image

User avatar
EuphoniousChaos
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:03 pm
Skype: Jena S
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#99 Post by EuphoniousChaos » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 pm

This looks awesome! I love the art style and all the characters seem super interesting. I love the mysterious aspect behind everything as well, and I can't wait to see what happens in game. This is very impressive, especially since it's being solo-made. Keep up the amazing work :)!

User avatar
Pinlin
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#100 Post by Pinlin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:54 am

abscission wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 am
WOW this game looks amazing already. The art is serious business. Might I suggest to update the cover artwork - that big spread you've got right on page one? It looks a little too glossy, and does not quite reflect the sketchy, hand-drawn style of the promotional artwork that you upload afterwards, which was what drew me in.

I will be following this project, and hope to see it to completion! No rush, pace yourself, this seems a huge undertaking and you've already made it this far, watch for burn out!

This will be an amazing game, I'm sure!
Art is often the first impression of a game. I totally agree with the cover art. This one was done 2 years ago and it was supposed for halloween. My mindset and style preferences have changed since then. Nowdays I'm more into indirect concepts and gentle atmosphere. The actual cover art is a vertical composition, which will be posted along with demo release. Thank you for the praises, it makes me happy to hear positive feedback!
HimeNaya wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 pm
Your art is extremely beautiful! I'm really looking forward to this! The story sounds interesting and your character designs are lovely! <3 I will keep a watch for updates!
Ahh, thank you!! It was a long process till I got their final design. Most of the side characters were created before this project. They had their own story, but I thought they fit this concept too.
Mello-Knight wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:05 pm
Your art is amazing and it's really impressive that you're making this all on your own! I'm interested in the mystery element and the guys are really hot ahaha. I'm not sure who my favorite is! The side characters look really good too. I'm wishing some of them were dateable. Anyways, I'll have to get back to you on who is the best. :)
Haha, I'm glad to hear xD To tell the truth, I wasn't confident in drawing guys at all back then. The side characters are surpringsly popular in feedbacks. Perhaps that's the charm of side characters. You'll get enough to know about them to satisfy your curiosity ;D
EuphoniousChaos wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 pm
This looks awesome! I love the art style and all the characters seem super interesting. I love the mysterious aspect behind everything as well, and I can't wait to see what happens in game. This is very impressive, especially since it's being solo-made. Keep up the amazing work :)!
Thank you for all positive feedback! It sure takes a long while with all tasks on myself, especially since I started as complete newbie. It is interesting to learn every aspect of creating a visual novel. I'll do my best!

------

Curren progress on demo (note: percents are on prologue+chapter 1, which is around 50,000 words in total)

Image

Also I need to redo all screens (main menu, settings, save/load), but that is just replacing the background and editing codes. For those interested in programming process, this is a list of sprites used for full game(currently counting 175, but there are a few missing):
Image
I mind blown at how many varieties I had to draw and code every single of them. My typos made programming even more difficult.
When coding goes wrong:

Image

Poor Ikuya gets propelled away.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Image

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#101 Post by Akemi-Takashi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:27 am

Oh my gosh! I know the feeeeels. I've never tried coding on Ren'py, but I did take a class during my freshman years and that was one road-trip for coding haha
So glad to see your progress though :D Keep up the wonderful work! You can do it! I believe in youuuuuuu
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

User avatar
Pinlin
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#102 Post by Pinlin » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Akemi-Takashi wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:27 am
Oh my gosh! I know the feeeeels. I've never tried coding on Ren'py, but I did take a class during my freshman years and that was one road-trip for coding haha
So glad to see your progress though :D Keep up the wonderful work! You can do it! I believe in youuuuuuu
I wish I had taken coding class. Instead I took art class, which was just art HISTORY. Regrets.
Thank you for the cheerful support! /o/
------

Another small update on the previews in this thread. Added side character images now I'm not so lazy. I was on a short hiatus working on other projects.
Now continuing on DN. Here a quick doodle of Junoru. When I draw characters they are all sleeping lel.

Image
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Image

User avatar
abscission
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:03 am
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves
Skype: lyn
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#103 Post by abscission » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 am

I love your art, as always!!

And I see you have changed the art on the front page, *nods*. I like it a lot more now, it reflects your artstyle!

Is this sketch-style going to the aesthetic for the game in general? I really like it!

User avatar
Pinlin
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin
Contact:

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#104 Post by Pinlin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 am

abscission wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 am
I love your art, as always!!

And I see you have changed the art on the front page, *nods*. I like it a lot more now, it reflects your artstyle!

Is this sketch-style going to the aesthetic for the game in general? I really like it!
Even though I changed my style a bit, I'm glad you still like it :'D

After your comment, it got me thinking about the aesthics. So far, this artwork fits the overall mood better. I will draw a proper cover art later.
Just like my artstyle, the story changed a bit too. The first drafts were kind of cheesy romance. Later on I turned this more into a visual novel than dating sim.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users