Rising Angels [GxG](Now with 100% more demo)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Rising Angels (Otome dating sim)

#76 Post by try10 »

Nice plot, beautiful art. Gayl is my favourite male character. :D I can't wait for this game to come out since I'm an otome game lover.

XD

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#77 Post by KomiTsuku »

try10 wrote:Nice plot, beautiful art. Gayl is my favourite male character. :D I can't wait for this game to come out since I'm an otome game lover.

XD
Gayl was originally supposed to be a minor character when it was an RPG (the shopkeeper, per se) but now that it is a dating sim instead, his role is a lot more diverse. The fact he barely outranks the cadets is making his storyline a fun, humorous one. ^_^ Of course, he technically is an instructor, so there is a bit of "forbidden love" potential with his story too...

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#78 Post by KomiTsuku »

Alrighty, major updates!
1. As some of you might know, I've opened up recruitment of writers to turn this into a collaboration. Due to the current turn out, there is a chance that the number of paths are going to be slim and the only paths right now that have writers are yuri (Lenna and Kika[the new cat girl]). If you all want to fix that, start volunteering! Everyone will have a voice in making this game. Details are here. Uncle Chief needs you!
2. The cadet numbers are going to be rounded out to 12 total. We are adding an elven male, a cat girl, a male demon, a female demon, and a female minotaur to the rotation. Expect to see the additional cast lineup sometime in the near future! Rising Angels is rapidly starting to be a kemonomimi otome. :P
3. All the backgrounds are setup. All the music is done as well.
4. No current release date, seeing as we are setting the collaboration aspects up right now.
5. We are salvaging the moving system out of the RPG design. There will still be something close to a world map to move around.
6. There is still a very low likelihood of voice actors.
7. We are also recruiting pretty much anyone who wants to help out on the project other than sprites. We love volunteers who want to see this game get completed as soon as possible.
8. A sketch of our cute main character by neko-rulz.
Faye.jpg
Please support us as we continue to strive towards making this a reality.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Rising Angels (GxB/GxG dating sim)

#79 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I'm interested to see how this is going, and I'm thinking about being a writer, but I have commitment issues hahaha

Regardless, I want this to happen, since it's seems to be a collab project on a big scale that I'd like to see succeed.
deviantART
---------------------

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#80 Post by KomiTsuku »

lepapillonrouge wrote:I'm interested to see how this is going, and I'm thinking about being a writer, but I have commitment issues hahaha

Regardless, I want this to happen, since it's seems to be a collab project on a big scale that I'd like to see succeed.
If it makes you feel better, I am aiming for something around 3-4 months writing time once we get all the general plot hammered out. 30k in 3 months, 10k a month, around 300 words a day. It won't be overwhelming. If not, we can always use the support and encouragement. ^_^

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#81 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

As much as I'd love to volunteer and try to help out, I'm afraid I wouldn't do the characters justice. So I'll be on the sidelines cheering all you guys on. (Plus my plate is also pretty full with college)

GOOD LUCK!
ImageImageImageImage

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#82 Post by KomiTsuku »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:As much as I'd love to volunteer and try to help out, I'm afraid I wouldn't do the characters justice. So I'll be on the sidelines cheering all you guys on. (Plus my plate is also pretty full with college)

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, general question to the audience. Right now we have a total of 5 members on the instructor team. That's rather heavy and drags down the story with faces that don't play major roles. They also are in a completely different style. Since we are adding to the cadet team, I have been tempted to remove the instructor team back down to a single member to help focus the story on the cadets and minimize the obviousness of the art differences. So, my question is this... Who do you want to keep? (Note: Syl is being struck no matter what.)

1. Major Brumford
2. Major Beryal
3. Flight Officer Busaier
4. Commander Tyclue
5. Keep them all!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#83 Post by KomiTsuku »

Alright, going to make this short and sweet since I don't have a lot of time. To put it simply my personal life has gotten very rough both fiscally and amount of work dumped on me, and I have very little free time. The 15 minutes a day of free time I have are used elsewhere, sorry to say. Right now I am trying to get one of the other studio members or affiliated studios to adopt Rising Angels. However, it is looking unlikely. Without anyone to code, pay for the CGs, or manage to keep everyone on the same page, the project cannot go forward. There is a very, very, very strong likelihood I am going to have to apologize to my fellow writers and put this project in indefinite hold until I get my life and wallet sorted out again.

Again, I am sorry. Really. You would not understand my sorrow. I do not like letting projects with their resources already finished to sit on the shelves because I can't work on any more without causing a mental breakdown due to lack of sleep. CGs are expensive, just like the numerous other things I need money for right now.

Sexy Yuri
Regular
Completed: None..
Projects: Demonic Hearts(Current). Paradise Plus
Organization: Ero-Ga

#84 Post by Sexy Yuri »

I will take it over. :D I want to see it completed.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#85 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks for all your work and effort, KomiTsuku. If you are willing to pass your project on to other people, be sure to say so. If you believe you will be able to resume it in the near future, then make sure to note that.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#86 Post by distorsion »

Hey there, just wanted to say everything looks really good so far, especially the sprites *drools*.
Also, I am available to proofread for grammer if you still need someone.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#87 Post by KomiTsuku »

distorsion wrote:Hey there, just wanted to say everything looks really good so far, especially the sprites *drools*.
Also, I am available to proofread for grammer if you still need someone.
I may, but not right now.
-----------------------------------------------------
For those of you interested, Rising Angels has been given one final chance at life. I'm currently off of work for the next month; the last bit of vacation I am going to have for a long time. In that time period, I have started something called the 30 Days of Development. During that time, I am devoting massive amounts of time and energy into a very open development of a audience chosen project. Guess which one won the vote? That's right, I'm pushing everything I have left in me to making this game a reality. I will be doing this as a solo operation, so those of you who were going to assist me as writers... I'm sorry. :( I'm still welcoming contributions to the war effort, I'm just not sure how right now. I will be posting status updates, backstory, detailed character bios, fan art/commissions (though we are in short supply) and other general rantings and ravings about the project daily for the next 30 days. I hope to have everyone's support. You can follow the updates on our website, IDHAS Studios.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#88 Post by KomiTsuku »

Status update! For those of you still following the game that keeps rising from the pits of cancellation, I am pleased to say that for the first time in a while, there has been forward progress. That's right, progress. Not me laying out the groundwork and then going back to watching Archer, but progress that will one day result in Rising Angels being completed. We may be only going at 1k per day, but that's still forward motion. That being said, let's talk about the overall progress.

7 CGs done (I am restarting those commissions again)
I have a sketch of the final four characters, always subject to change. We now have a catgirl, a wolfgirl, and a foxgirl. Before anyone asks, yes, I am a feline lover... figuratively. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on the new characters. Their bios have been updated on the front page.
3rd.jpg
I've outlined Lenna, Yoi, and Kika's Chapter One story arcs.
I'd say we are about halfway though Lenna's Chap. 1 arc. She's in an interesting position right now (poor performance) and I am interested to keep going with it.
About 10k has been finished since we started the days of development. There's a lot more to go.
I've finally made up my mind. While there will be multiple routes, there is only one route per character. I decided not to sit here and waste my limited time writing routes nobody would take anyway.

On to the "Ask the audience" portion of my posting. On my calender right now is a date about two months down the road. On that date, I am planning on doing a demo of the first chapter. It will either...

1. It will contain the full routes for one character from each of the three teams. Lenna will have Team One, but I am unsure for the other two. Team Two: Sol, Alana, Jade; Team Three: Kika, Termin, Blade. Who would you like to see from those teams? Naturally, I am a fan of Kika (being her writer during that...), but I will delay my love if others wish.

2. Delay the demo until ALL of the character routes for the first chapter are completed. This will take roughly six months because these are relatively long sections.

3. Delay until the whole thing is ready for release. Better eat healthy and exercise, it is gonna be a while for the full release. Not to mention the whole problem with this story being cancelled by me nearly 12 times. Chapter 1 will be able to stand on its own, but the whole story is always nicer.

--------------------------
We are also looking for CG artists. Not a strong budget here, but I do have some limited funding. Also looking for someone who can do a logo for the game.

--------------------------
Like I said above, I am still trying my best to make forward progress. I don't want to bring in volunteers (that whole Chief is continuing to struggle IRL; paid folks at least have something to walk away with should this fail), but I am still trying my best to make this the game that will be worth all the blood I've sacrificed.

psyduck
Regular

#89 Post by psyduck »

KomiTsuku wrote:
On to the "Ask the audience" portion of my posting. On my calender right now is a date about two months down the road. On that date, I am planning on doing a demo of the first chapter. It will either...

1. It will contain the full routes for one character from each of the three teams. Lenna will have Team One, but I am unsure for the other two. Team Two: Sol, Alana, Jade; Team Three: Kika, Termin, Blade. Who would you like to see from those teams? Naturally, I am a fan of Kika (being her writer during that...), but I will delay my love if others wish.

2. Delay the demo until ALL of the character routes for the first chapter are completed. This will take roughly six months because these are relatively long sections.

3. Delay until the whole thing is ready for release. Better eat healthy and exercise, it is gonna be a while for the full release. Not to mention the whole problem with this story being cancelled by me nearly 12 times. Chapter 1 will be able to stand on its own, but the whole story is always nicer.
full routes for one character. can't wait for the demo. :)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#90 Post by gekiganwing »

KomiTsuku wrote:On to the "Ask the audience" portion of my posting. On my calender right now is a date about two months down the road. On that date, I am planning on doing a demo of the first chapter. It will either...

Ultimately, it's your choice. I'm not sure which option is best. While I'd like to see a proof of concept for Rising Angels in the near future, I know it's unwise to focus too much on making a demo. I'd like to see the full version someday... so if you're asking for my opinion, I'd say option #3.

If you're willing and able to commit to working on Rising Angels at this time, that's a good thing. But if it gets too stressful or challenging, that's a bad thing. So if writing, coding, art, etc become too much to handle, then be sure to ask for help.