Rising Angels [GxG](Now with 100% more demo)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Rising Angels (CatgirlxOthers)

#106 Post by KomiTsuku »

Tomorrow is going to be the last big art update as we show off the finalized sprite designs for the remaining cast. Until then, here's a little teaser. As you may notice from the title of the image, I'm thinking it may be time to readjust Dr. Termin's age to match her sprite a little better. :mrgreen:
Attachments
milf.png

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#107 Post by KomiTsuku »

And following through with my promise, here is the remaining crew. Now to finish the plot.

Ginger
Regular

#108 Post by Ginger »

OFIPDGV HI:YEFOGUSCIP:HAKDFVCBL MDVJD
My eyes were just burnt by the beauty ;A;
I'm so glad to see this coming along. You have no idea how happy it makes me.
I'm liking Kika, since I have an unhealthy adoration of blue haired characters.

ANYWAY, this is looking amazing, and I wish you all the best of luck!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#109 Post by KomiTsuku »

Ginger wrote:OFIPDGV HI:YEFOGUSCIP:HAKDFVCBL MDVJD
My eyes were just burnt by the beauty ;A;
I'm so glad to see this coming along. You have no idea how happy it makes me.
I'm liking Kika, since I have an unhealthy adoration of blue haired characters.

ANYWAY, this is looking amazing, and I wish you all the best of luck!
I'm glad you like the art. We're trying really hard to make it an absolutely stunning game in both art and story.

Then it is a fortunate accident that we didn't go with her original hair color, which was black, or the joke one, which was the pink drills. :lol: Kika's my third blue haired character, though only the second one in visual novels. While I love blue-haired girls, I don't often place them in the story. When I do, they tend to be very unique women. I think you'll like her storyline.

applegirl
Veteran

#110 Post by applegirl »

The art is really pretty, though I'm more curious about how the KN will turn out. I'm admittedly on the fence about KN, mainly because the "best" endings can differ for each person. I loved a KN that went the way I expected/wanted and ended up hating a different KN that ended in an entirely different direction (despite being a rather well written BxG VN overall, it still is one I'm annoyed over having a lack of choice).

Hmm...any chance you have an ETA for the demo release? I'm curious about what direction this could go.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#111 Post by KomiTsuku »

applegirl wrote:The art is really pretty, though I'm more curious about how the KN will turn out. I'm admittedly on the fence about KN, mainly because the "best" endings can differ for each person. I loved a KN that went the way I expected/wanted and ended up hating a different KN that ended in an entirely different direction (despite being a rather well written BxG VN overall, it still is one I'm annoyed over having a lack of choice).

Hmm...any chance you have an ETA for the demo release? I'm curious about what direction this could go.
Being a kinetic novel does give it some of those potential issues of disappointment. However, with ten routes, I'm hoping that one of those routes will turn out the way you were hoping. By eliminating the lot of superfluous choices, I can focus on writing longer, more engaging storylines. I could always add those options before the final release, but it will make the release time end up somewhere after the end of the world. I could cut character routes, but every character has their own unique tale to tell. While some share some similar events, there is most definitely a different feel and theme for each of them. Mana's being a much darker yandere tale while Lenna's is much lighter and traditional otome style. In the end, I'm writing a story, not a dating simulator. Some stories might disappoint at the end, but I hope the ride will make up for it.

The original plan had it coming out mid-July, though the recent budget crisis I am in the middle of is threatening on pushing it back until August (While we have 25 of the demo's CGs, I still need to commission Kika's). The issue I'm trying to cope with right now is how much is going to be part of the demo. There was limited feedback on who/how much everyone wanted to play with in the demo. Part of me wants to release just the general opening that is applied to all of the characters. Another part wants to wait until I have the Act 1 for all characters finished. If I do that one, the demo won't be until much later this year. I settled on 1 character from each of the 3 teams, and then releasing the Act 1 this fall. I'm playing from the Kawata Shoujo school of releasing the Act 1 and then releasing the whole thing... hopefully sooner than several years later.

It'll still be a considerable length (2-4 hours per route), even for a demo. It should give you a good feel for those 3 routes and a general basis for the others.

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#112 Post by Nuxill »

...wait, a game can be a KN even if there are different routes to choose? Or is just the demo going to be a KN?
I'm not the biggest fan of otome games but the amount of effort being put into this practically demands that I at least try it out.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#113 Post by KomiTsuku »

Nuxill wrote:...wait, a game can be a KN even if there are different routes to choose? Or is just the demo going to be a KN?
I'm not the biggest fan of otome games but the amount of effort being put into this practically demands that I at least try it out.
You get one choice at the very beginning (after the general opening, which you have to go through once) to pick which character route you want to follow. After that it goes pure KN. Why waste my very, very limited time (and yours) with options nobody was going to pick anyway? If you want the "best"/maxed romance ending, you don't pick the choices you know to anger the character. I just decided to remove that particular step from the equation.

I like to think Rising Angels isn't your average otome game. Not sure if otome really even applies anymore, though it is most definitely GxB/G. We'll figure out what it is once the demo comes out and the votes are cast! XD

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#114 Post by wakagana »

... -drools and foams at the mouth due to Termin Kaolin's bits of art-

Me want. :< -weeps openly-

Very good job on the art, It looks so crisp and fresh. I look forward to playing this >:1 Its gonna be so swaggerrrr.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#115 Post by KomiTsuku »

wakagana wrote:... -drools and foams at the mouth due to Termin Kaolin's bits of art-

Me want. :< -weeps openly-

Very good job on the art, It looks so crisp and fresh. I look forward to playing this >:1 Its gonna be so swaggerrrr.
Termin almost didn't make it into the story. I decided to round out the cast of cadets to 12 a while back. I was going to put another human into the story, but I was rereading some older works of mine and realized there was one species from the old days that hadn't made it into any new works. Her story isn't really a ren'ai tale, but it is going to be a good mix of humor and drama.

Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

#116 Post by Yakkety »

Wow, this looks amazing...

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#117 Post by wakagana »

KomiTsuku wrote: Termin almost didn't make it into the story. I decided to round out the cast of cadets to 12 a while back. I was going to put another human into the story, but I was rereading some older works of mine and realized there was one species from the old days that hadn't made it into any new works. Her story isn't really a ren'ai tale, but it is going to be a good mix of humor and drama.
Hnghnh. so glad you didn't. I WANT TO RUB HER ALL OVER MY FACE. SO CUTE. -pukes up all their organs and dies-

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#118 Post by KomiTsuku »

Yakkety wrote:Wow, this looks amazing...
I wouldn't let your mind get blown too far, there's still a lot of art that isn't being shown yet, though if follow Tetiel or paid attention to the Art Dump thread, you might have seen some of it. All of the artists are working really hard on making this an absolutely beautiful game. Add in the hard work being added to the story, I hope not to disappoint.
wakagana wrote:I WANT TO RUB HER ALL OVER MY FACE. SO CUTE. -pukes up all their organs and dies-
I'm recording this as the strangest comment I have received on anything I've worked on. :lol:

Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

#119 Post by Yakkety »

KomiTsuku wrote:
I wouldn't let your mind get blown too far, there's still a lot of art that isn't being shown yet, though if follow Tetiel or paid attention to the Art Dump thread, you might have seen some of it. All of the artists are working really hard on making this an absolutely beautiful game. Add in the hard work being added to the story, I hope not to disappoint.
Bro, when I see this art, and the power and time the people put into this game, I know it will be a perfect and splendid game, I already know that this will not disappoint ;)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#120 Post by KomiTsuku »

Yakkety wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote:
Bro, when I see this art, and the power and time the people put into this game, I know it will be a perfect and splendid game, I already know that this will not disappoint ;)
Alas, it is in my nature to worry. Between trying to merge this into existing canon (which really doesn't matter as NOBODY knows the series and this is fairly stand-alone), managing my limited time, and my never-ending questioning of my ability to write, I can't help it. I'm proud of it, though, so... yeah, I should stop worrying quite so much. XD