Starlight Vega (Yuri,Fantasy,Romance,Commercial)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
telamon

Re: Starlight Vega [GxG][Comedy][Fantasy][Romance]

#76 Post by telamon »

They seem nice, I'd be interested to see what Scherza's will say. Also you cheated Lyria out of a background kissing scene when introducing their bio, how dare you xD

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#77 Post by Razz »

telamon wrote:Also you cheated Lyria out of a background kissing scene when introducing their bio, how dare you xD
Ah man! I totally got called out. :lol: I merged her kiss CGs linearts with the color and wanted to avoid spoiling the scenes, but I should have a nice color one yuri fans will enjoy shortly.

Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

#78 Post by Fluxx »

Really like the look of this. I'm curious you stated the word count was about 6k? At what time did you finish the writing process?
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

Razz
Veteran

#79 Post by Razz »

Fluxx wrote:Really like the look of this. I'm curious you stated the word count was about 6k? At what time did you finish the writing process?
Thank you!

6k for the demo, the game is ~35k. Oh, just found out my word counter has been wrong this whole time. 0_0 The game is a lot longer. The writing is completed it just needs some editing and further polish on the last few chapters.

Speaking of the demo i'm aiming for march 30th, I'd like to get some preliminary opinions on everything. The amazingly talented netravelr helped build the framework in his free time and answer my dumb questions about coding. (while still working on Culina and his two jobs!) Big thanks to his amazing talent!

Here's the main title screen illust:
It's got some really pretty animations when it comes on screen. The book is a separate file and they all fade in.

Oh and some cool little feature creep additions.

Also bonus of my swaglicious placeholder.

Razz
Veteran

#80 Post by Razz »

Starlight Vega Demo 1.0 is out!

Big Tumblr news post: http://starlightvega.tumblr.com/post/11 ... rcial-news

Demo DL links: http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/?page_id=20

The game contains mild sensuality and is currently with only sound effects, but plans are in the works to raise money for a professional soundtrack, interface, and coding for the more complicated design elements that did not make it into the alpha demo. Still it's chock full of artwork, CGs, special effects, and covers the first few in-game days.
Last edited by Razz on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

telamon

Re: Starlight Vega (GxG,Fantasy,Romance) DEMO on page 6!

#81 Post by telamon »

Nice that the demo is out, but it seems I won't be playing the full game sadly. Can't afford it unfortunately, but hey, good luck with it (:

Razz
Veteran

Re: Starlight Vega (GxG,Fantasy,Romance) DEMO on page 6!

#82 Post by Razz »

I'm shortly into the Kickstarter campaign which seeks funding for music and coding:
News post on Tumblr
ImageImage
I'm... floored. To make a niche GxG in a niche genre and have so much support... and 50% of the funding total no less in 24 hours. Just ... ;_;

I think the most amazing thing has been the support from other devs. I saw a lot of familiar usernames in the backers and the twitter and tumblr reblogs. This is truly the most supportive community I've ever been a part of and I am so glad I took the leap into it. I just wanted to say my heartfelt thank you to those in the EVN community and LSF. Let's grow the love for EVN 10-fold!

Also the artist in me is very happy the artbook tiers are popular. I've got very cool things planned for it and the special credits sequence for KS backers. I love behind the scenes and process stuff from devs so I was thinking about putting a lot of that in the book, but still have more than enough spreads to please the artbook lovers. Hm... maybe 40/60 ratio? Or 30/70? Might need to ask around haha.

--------------

In other news we're receiving support from publisher Sekai Project to get on steam: tweet

Additionally, the game got a great article by cliqist:
Flirting With Demons in Starlight Vega

Razz
Veteran

Re: Starlight Vega [GxG,Fantasy,Romance] [DEMO and Kickstart

#83 Post by Razz »

Just bumping to say the KS is in the last few days. Big thank you again to anyone who supported the campaign so far. Really, I don't think I can say thank you enoug times to cover it. You've been a tremendous and incredible help to me.

I added some final hour stretch goals. I have an artbook in the KS will all sorts of exclusive art and behinds the scenes dev stuff I never posted, might be of interest to people here, I know I personally love reading that stuff.

I'm also including a short section on Kickstarters inside it. I doubt it'll interest anyone but someone who wants to have their own but it's only a few pages and has tips, stuff I found out while doing the KS, my own personal thoughts on VN KS, and etc. xP

Random promo image that you can find finished in the artbook:

----------------

Some more nice articles:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/29/se ... ight-vega/
http://cliqist.com/2015/04/30/dancing-d ... ight-vega/ <----- Demo overview
http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/ ... ight-vega/

I also got a really nice one from lewdgamer but I dont think I'm allowed to post nsfw links, but shout-out to them nonetheless.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#84 Post by PyTom »

Razz wrote: I also got a really nice one from lewdgamer but I dont think I'm allowed to post nsfw links, but shout-out to them nonetheless.
You are, as long as you're clear the site you're linking to has adult content. Basically, don't surprise people and you'll be fine.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Acedia
Deviantart: salkhan
Github: dxcam1

#85 Post by Acedia »

Your artwork is amazing, I had to come out of the shadows to say this, but I can't wait to play your game.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#86 Post by philip »

@Razz-

Wow - you've been at this for quite a while! I stumbled across this thread this evening while looking for something else; downloaded the demo and quickly went through it. It's very nice, the sprites, backgrounds and all the art are great! Story is good too. Looking forward to the complete game.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Razz
Veteran

Re: Starlight Vega (Yuri,Fantasy,Romance) [DEMO]

#87 Post by Razz »

Progress report:

Writing has been coming along steady. I added lots of new stuff via the Kickstarter stretch goals, like the Scherza romance route and harem route, for starters. I'd estimate the new route about 90% done and the harem route being completed at a nice steady progress. Raithfyre is my co-writer and has been assisting with Melody and whenever else he can.

The new CGs have been coming along nicely. I've inked the majority of them and they await colors, with the others in rough or planned stages. My programmer has been implementing the new GUI interface and my musician is roughly about halfway through with the (quite large) track list for the game.

So all in all progress has been really great. I'm hopeful since, as I'm sure many here know, game development is suspect to a lot of things that can setback or eat away at time. So here's to keeping the pace.

Razz
Veteran

Re: Starlight Vega (Yuri,Fantasy,Romance,Commercial)

#88 Post by Razz »

Long time no see, thread. I'm about halfway through scripting/editing I wanna say. Scripting the expressions and etc for scenes I consider done and editing still for scenes that need a little more help. (largely the newest route) The good news is a really large chunk of the writing is already ready to go and in the game.

Also don't think I posted in this yet but here is KingV's GUI for the game:
SV_GUI.jpg
e:Put it in the OP, too, which has apparently been edited almost 30 times.

Claretta

#89 Post by Claretta »

I really liked your demo. Didn't find out about this until after your Kickstarter, but excited to play the release.

Razz
Veteran

#90 Post by Razz »

Claretta wrote:I really liked your demo. Didn't find out about this until after your Kickstarter, but excited to play the release.
Many thanks! I'd love to show the updated demo with the new GUI and actual music, but I'm glad people still like the current demo. I'm very eager for people to play the final release, too. :lol: