Tailor Tales [GxB] [100% free]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Nebty

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] [RPG] [100% free]

#16 Post by Nebty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 pm

This looks awesome! The romance aspect is always one of my favourite aspects of playing a HM game. You seem to be taking that and crafting something brilliant of your own. I can't wait to play the demo once it's done.

Also, I'm betting the Fox is going to be my favourite. Just a hunch.

Aquane
Veteran

#17 Post by Aquane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Ah, Akina.. this isn't a VN so you won't need any more than 4 files to get each "ending" she did say that this will now be open ended, you can play forever like Harvest Moon. (most in the series, anyway)

Celianna
Veteran

#18 Post by Celianna » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Aquane wrote:Ah, Akina.. this isn't a VN so you won't need any more than 4 files to get each "ending" she did say that this will now be open ended, you can play forever like Harvest Moon. (most in the series, anyway)
Well technically, there's 5 endings, you're forgetting the fox ;)

Either way, 4 save files is plenty enough for a game like Tailor Tales. In fact, Harvest Moon only gives you two save files, and no one seems to be bothered about that. Compare that to Pokemon, only 1 save file ... But yeah, it's not a visual novel where you're saving after each choice you make in case you screwed up. I don't want to penalize the player for simply playing, so you can really do no wrong almost.

I've made a player chat thread for TT, so for those who simply wish to gush about the game and give me compliments, please do so there!
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Loveli
Regular

#19 Post by Loveli » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 am

Celianna wrote:
Loveli wrote: Actually it can be hard! Especially to people like me that want to know every possible ending/option in the game. When I play a game whit various outcomes I always want to try them all! Having just 4 saves here will do no good to people like me because there are 5 bachelors...
Well, you have to remind yourself Tailor Tales is NOT visual novel, and every bachelor only has one ending. I know that when playing VNs you want to spam-save before each and every option just to see in which direction the story can go into if you chose a different answer, but Tailor Tales is less 'make a decision here that will change the way the story goes' and more 'raise up his affection gradually, and sometimes get to pick out an answer that doesn't influence the story much'. In that case, 4 saves files would be good enough for two guys.

Then again, I could get a script that increases the save files, but let's hope there's no incompatibilities with the ones I'm currently using.
So I would have to delate one of my saves files in order to go for the last one... And then if I still have dialogs or scenes I haven't tried out I would have to delete yet another file. Also I don't know for others but I usually have at last two or three saves for each play trough, just in case I make some mistake and only notice way later! D: So in my opinion whit such an extensive game... just 4 saves are not enough... :( Just my opinion tough.
Yeah I get your point, I really do - which is what I'd say for visual novels, but Tailor Tales is a dating sim and they're very different. I don't like punishing the player all that much, so there won't be a chance for you to screw up (in fact, you can't even lower the guy's affection for you at all in the game, it can only go up).

There's really only one way you can screw up a guy's route, and that is to reject him when you experience his final and 5th heart event. Basically he'll confess to you, and if you say no, well then you messed up big time - and that's about it. Haha. Remember, there are no bad endings in Tailor Tales! Only good ones.
Well!! Then I think it's fine... I would still have to delete one, but that's just one. I think it's fine. :)
Sorry, I probably bothered you whit all that... I just "talk" a lot!! I think lately I go to extremes because the game I am planning (which will take a lot of time unless I finally give up and get some help xD) Is going to have like a BUNCH of endings and possible options, I should be scared of myself because the story is so intricate and long but I trust my writing skills a lot, and I am also a fast writer what troubles me is the art... but well the thing is that because of that now I tent to go to extremes!! xD I should know I'm the only crazy person that want to do such a suicidal game xD but well that's me and my insanity! I haven't even posted it officially here for fear of giving up and have everybody know it... so it's only in my head and my laptop xD

Well, I think you could leave it this way now!! I'll be waiting for the demo :3
Good Luck!! :D
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

Acorn

#20 Post by Acorn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

This game looks like it's going to have a lot of features, and be a lot of fun; especially for a free game! Looking forward to the RPG aspect of it. I haven't played an RPG Maker game in a while, it's kind of exciting. n_n

The fox is a very unique choice for a romance option. I'm sure it'll be a very fun route to play through. I also really like the character design for main character with the brown hair. She definitely suits the game.

One critisism I have is the way the characters look; I mean, they're supposed to be adults, right? They definitely look like children, or very young teenagers, at the oldest. It may make things a quite awkward, as you're planning on putting in things of a sexual nature...I also don't find myself attracted to any of them for that reason.

Also, I don't know if this is applicable to RPG Maker VX or if you know this already, but I came across this tutorial for making RPG Maker 2003 games work on computers without the program/RPG installed, which may be useful!

http://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/10/

Anyway, good luck!

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#21 Post by distorsion » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 am

I know the game's site says there is no mac version in the works, but does that mean 'yet' or will there never be one?
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by briannavon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Any updates? :D

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#23 Post by WickedRaccoon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

hey celianna,how's progress of the game?

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#24 Post by Hijiri » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 pm

WickedRaccoon wrote:hey celianna,how's progress of the game?
She last logged in back in March and her blog was last updated in May. Either life is getting in the way, or the project may be dropped. Only time will tell
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#25 Post by WickedRaccoon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:59 am

Hijiri wrote:
WickedRaccoon wrote:hey celianna,how's progress of the game?
She last logged in back in March and her blog was last updated in May. Either life is getting in the way, or the project may be dropped. Only time will tell
i see.well,thanks for replying!!!! :)

Armee
Veteran

#26 Post by Armee » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 am

*_* I just saw Cece updated her blog on July 1st, this project haven't dropped, she's just in hiatus for awhile

Dawnfire
Regular

#27 Post by Dawnfire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 am

This looks FANTASTIC. Great art, great premise, tons of interactive features, and you've obviously put a lot of thought into it. I can't wait to play! And Calvin...I want to play Calvin's route. <3
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Mayche

#28 Post by Mayche » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:25 am

such a beautiful game can't wait for the release

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#29 Post by Rinima » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:27 am

This looks good, as a fan of Harvest Moon, I'll defo be playing this once it's out!

Also, the AM system sounds interesting, be fun to watch.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

CatyCats
Regular

#30 Post by CatyCats » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:37 am

This looks so beautiful and interesting! I would definitly play this game!
When is the beta/demo? Is there still a lot of work to do?

Have fun creating it!