Break Chance Memento [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Veniae
Veteran

Re: Break Chance Memento [BxB] [Sci-Fi Murder Mystery]

#121 Post by Veniae »

Wooow, I love the revamped version! I mean, the first was good too, but redoing it was well worth it. Good job!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#122 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Veniae wrote:Wooow, I love the revamped version! I mean, the first was good too, but redoing it was well worth it. Good job!
I think so too :D It's very worth going over them one last time because I like the new versions a lot more.

Here is another improvement sprite. The three things I think I have improved on the most are the shading (especially in terms of speed), the placement of facial features (I had been putting the nose far too low and it threw off everything else) and figuring out how the hell the legs attach to the torso. I think i have gotten MUCH better at legs.

I have 3 secondary sprites left, so I should be finished sometime next weekend, which is way ahead of the schedule I have so I should be able to spend a great deal of time fixing up the main five. This means I might actually be able to give them some of the extra outfits I thought I wouldn't have time for, and maybe even an extra pose ^_^

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#123 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Another family member done. I didn't really have to change too much for this one, the biggest thing was adding in the minor pose. The rest was a couple updates. I've also started to learn to, ah, optimise assets where I can, which can help a lot. Might do it for Papa too. Kyousuke is up next :)

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#124 Post by Obscura »

I really dig your sprites Auro...they're super distinctive. At first they look anime but after a moment they carry this quality that makes them different than any style I've seen before.

One thing I'd like to see is some of their noses being pushed in a more just to give more variety in their faces. Right now they all seem to have the same proportions on the nose: long and lean and above all, low. Would love to see button noses, flatter noses, hooked noses, etc., somewhat closer to the face. Even just placing them differently would add some variety. I think that's the one thing I would like to see different in your sprites.

Otherwise, love the illustration quality of your line work. Envy your skills!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#125 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Obscura wrote:I really dig your sprites Auro...they're super distinctive. At first they look anime but after a moment they carry this quality that makes them different than any style I've seen before.

One thing I'd like to see is some of their noses being pushed in a more just to give more variety in their faces. Right now they all seem to have the same proportions on the nose: long and lean and above all, low. Would love to see button noses, flatter noses, hooked noses, etc., somewhat closer to the face. Even just placing them differently would add some variety. I think that's the one thing I would like to see different in your sprites.

Otherwise, love the illustration quality of your line work. Envy your skills!
True, true. I would like to explore more diversity with my art, and I think I'm slowly starting to get there. I tend to fall into the trap of drawing what I find attractive rather than stepping out of my comfort zone and see what else I could draw. I think there is more to it than just noses, but they are a part of it for sure XD But thank you, it makes me happy that you like my style ^_^

I still have a couple bits and pieces to do for the secondary sprites, but I have started working on the main characters as well, which has already been fun. It's good to be able to draw some new outfits~
We also technically now have a grand total of 1 CG XD

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#126 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This is Fuyuka. I hadn't really designed her since, well, she's dead, but I kind of had a visual idea of her so I decided to do a quick warm up sketch to get her out of my head. Plus, I was testing out some shading stuff that I have been trying to nut out. Made me a little sad though. She looks like she would have been a happy kid :(

Edit: Oh god, now I'm listening to this! Am I trying to break my own heart?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#127 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

A fixed Yukinari, who is done for now. He won't be getting any more outfits until I see how I go with the rest. I'm pretty sure I'm going to overshoot my deadline by a bit, which should be okay. Can't do it too much though because the more time I spend on the sprites, the less CGs I can make. However, since the player spends most of the game staring at the sprites, I think it is worth a little bit of sacrifice to have them look okay.

Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#128 Post by Nische »

I'd like to chip in with everyone else when they say that the redrawn sprites are looking much better. I like how you've multiplied a texture on top of the drawing, it really does give it that extra 'umph'. *A*

I wish I had more time to try the demo... the game is looking so good right now. I especially love the GUI.

Great job with Fuyuka! She looks absolutely adorable. :'D
ImageImageImageImage

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#129 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Nische wrote:I'd like to chip in with everyone else when they say that the redrawn sprites are looking much better. I like how you've multiplied a texture on top of the drawing, it really does give it that extra 'umph'. *A*

I wish I had more time to try the demo... the game is looking so good right now. I especially love the GUI.

Great job with Fuyuka! She looks absolutely adorable. :'D
Ah, revising sprites, good times no? ;) Thank you, I am much more satisfied with them now at least, though it's always hard to resist that urge to 'add one more thing' XD And I'm really glad I add the texture, I love putting textures on things~

eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

#130 Post by eileen »

Holy cow! Look at this stuff! :shock: I can tell that you guys have been working on this really hard. I really like the backgrounds as they are amazing in itself. Man, I wish I could do backgrounds like that D:

I know, way too late like 8 months in and stuff but I try to your demo and love the concept of time traveling. :mrgreen: I would say this is on my to get for sure. Keep up the good work!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#131 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Eileen, Thank you, I'm very happy you enjoyed the demo :D Time travelling is a lot of fun to deal with, even if it does make things really confusing XD

I finished updating Chiaki last night, for now. I would really like to give him a super adoreable alternative hairstyle, but that can wait. Masa is up next. Boy he needs some work o.o

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#132 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Oh. My. God.

This is the last time I leave a year in between doing sprites and finishing them off. I pretty much redrew everything for Masa, and no doubt Shuuki and Natsume will be the same. Whooooo...

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#133 Post by NoJoker »

I never would have guessed that it's possible, but he looks even better now! Congratulations!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#134 Post by clua »

Hey Auro I just wanted to say that I really love how you are drawing hands(specially the guys)
woops pressed submit early.
Also I can see the difference between the newer sprites, not only they are better drawn, I can see a color improvement there.
Great work, really admirable.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Veniae
Veteran

#135 Post by Veniae »

Oooh, I approve! Everyone looks better than before, and that is saying something!