School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

#1 Post by Morishita »

Plot:
School Memories is a short visual novel game based on a true story. You will play as a girl named Miya who is learning how to come out of her shell and make friends by being herself.

Theme:
The story is set in high school. The setting will stay in the art class. You can chose between going to the library during lunch time or going to the lunchroom during lunch time. Your self-confidence will either grow or fall as you continue to interact with your classmates.

Game screenshots
Main Menu

I kept the text box as a simple chalk board.

Since I wanted to finish a visual novel I decided to keep it short and simple but I hope you can enjoy what I've created.

Main Characters

Miya (15)
Dustin (15)
Shawn (15)

Languages

English
Last edited by Morishita on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Morishita
Veteran

Re: School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

#2 Post by Morishita »

I just wanted to go ahead and post up the most recent progress update to the game.

This is the hallway scene where you will either chose to go the the library or to the lunchroom.
I usually update with a new graphic each saturday or sunday so this thread will be mostly for progress reports. Weekly update are on hold for now due to a few different reasons. One being the updates would be a spoiler for the game ^^; so for now no weekly updates.
Feel free also to let me know if anything is wrong with the perspective. I still plan on adding some posters to the walls to help it look more like a school hallway.

Progress:
Story: 100% (Finished)
Coding: 95%(Spell checking and proofreading and some minor code adding but everything else is scripted out. Only image tags need to be added too.)
BG's: 100% (5/5 BG's finished)
Bedroom-done %100
Classroom-done %100
Hallway-done %100
Library- done %100
Lunchroom- done%100

Sprites: 60% (4/8 Sprite's finished)
Miya's-%100 (done)
Dustin-%100 (done)
Shawn-%100 (done)
Teacher-%100 (done)

CG's: 3/7-8 finished 10%
Last edited by Morishita on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 17 times in total.

MoPark
Regular
Projects: Kangaroo, Terminal Love

#3 Post by MoPark »

Since you mentioned adding posters on the wall to make it more school-like, how do you feel about maybe adding some lockers? I suppose not all schools have lockers in their hallways, but perhaps that'll give you ideas as well. I also fondly remember multiple bulletin boards in the halls when I was in high school, so that could also be another possibility for you.

Morishita
Veteran

#4 Post by Morishita »

MoPark wrote:Since you mentioned adding posters on the wall to make it more school-like, how do you feel about maybe adding some lockers? I suppose not all schools have lockers in their hallways, but perhaps that'll give you ideas as well. I also fondly remember multiple bulletin boards in the halls when I was in high school, so that could also be another possibility for you.
Thank you MoPark. Someone else had mentioned to me about putting something more on the walls as well so I went ahead and added a few more details. I went ahead and added some faint lockers at the end of the hall to help as well. Thank you for your suggestions.

Here is the final product of the hall.
There are still three more backgrounds that need to be done but for now I believe this is all for today.
Last edited by Morishita on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morishita
Veteran

#5 Post by Morishita »

wiplibrary.png
This is the line work for the library background scene. I just finished inking it in Manga Studio and now I will be transferring it over to Photoshop to star coloring it.
I wanted to go ahead and place up another progress of what I have so far. I'm not sure if I will be finished with the coloring today but if I am able to finish it then I can go ahead and post it up as well.

Now if I continue going at the pace that I am right now then I believe the release of the game should be in March about the second or third week.
The release would have been sooner but because of my comic work I'm unable to work on this side project until that is finished first but I do hope that you all will like what I create.
That's all for now thank you for reading and checking up on my perspective. *I hope everything looks correct, I'm using the ruler tool to help me but just encase I missed anything feel free to let me know.

Morishita
Veteran

#6 Post by Morishita »

This will be the library background. I now have 4 out of 6 backgrounds finished. I will be back next Saturday-Sunday with another progress update.
I'm glad that there are only 6 backgrounds because doing all of these by myself is really wearing me out but I'm glad that I'm almost finished. Then I can get started on more exciting things!! ^.^ YEA~
Last edited by Morishita on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

inahochama
Regular

#7 Post by inahochama »

Your bgs are awesome! Would it be okay to use them for my vn game (when I decide to ever release it someday) after you finish/release yours?

Morishita
Veteran

#8 Post by Morishita »

Thank you very much for the compliment and for asking me before hand but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use them but you are interested in commissioning me to make some custom backgrounds for you feel free to pm me and I can send you my commission prices.
Again thank you for your interest in my backgrounds but since these background are for the game that I am producing for a studio that I am apart of I don't want them redistributed. I'm sure my higher ups in the studio would probably get a little frustrated with me if that happened. ^^;

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#9 Post by Rin »

*0*
*A*

Oh noesssss~ I can't even believe what I'm seeing.
M-morishita, y-you are sooooo talented, I hope if I can have only 1/4 part of your skill >_> Your art looks stunning! Or even more than that *A*
I long to see the other stuffs too, I'm sure it will make my jaw dropped again and again! xDD I wish you the best luck for this promising project :3

Morishita
Veteran

#10 Post by Morishita »

AWWW~ Thank you Rin (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ I'm so happy to see that you like my work. I've been doing a lot of studying on how to do background art and how to color. I'm still not satisfied with the coloring all the way and wanted it to come out differently but I'm sure that the more that I practice the better I will get. Still that really makes me happy to see that all my work wasn't a total failure. I plan on updating the post with another background on Saturday. Once I get all the backgrounds done I'll start posting up the sprite's. Thank you for encouraging me I'll keep trying my best ◕ヮ◕)ノ

Morishita
Veteran

#11 Post by Morishita »

wip.png
Just wanted to post up the WIP of the next scene. This is the lunchroom scene and all of those little chairs and bars are really a pain to draw but luckily I don't have much more left ^^;

I hope to be able to have this colored in today but if I can't do it today then it should be done tomorrow. That's it for now, I didn't have much to say I just wanted to post another update.

Princess Akina
Regular

#12 Post by Princess Akina »

Ohmygawd teach me how to draw backgrounds the backgrounds are sooo amazing 8D
And the textbox is so simple yet so cute fitting for the theme of the game :D
I wish I could do textboxes like that. o3o
Definitely stalking this thread, can't wait for the game 8D
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Morishita
Veteran

#13 Post by Morishita »

Thank you Akina. I'm happy that the textbox doesn't look to boring. I'm not the best at coming up with a creative looking GUI but as long as it services it's purpose and looks right then I'm happy ◕ヮ◕ Also thank you for keeping an eye on my thread too. I really hope everything turns out well when this is finished. I'm still learning a lot when it comes to coloring backgrounds so I hope to get better. I know with me drawing comics and constantly forcing myself to put in backgrounds really helps me to improve in perspective. Also the ruler and perspective tool, in manga studio, help out a tone too ^^; but either way I am really happy that you like my work as well.

keke-chan

#14 Post by keke-chan »

Oh my gosh, I love the backgrounds! They're so pretty /cries/ And I agree with Akina, the chalkboard text box is so adorable :3 I'll be visiting this thread often :D

Morishita
Veteran

#15 Post by Morishita »

Thank you so much for your support :D I've been so busy with my comic work that I haven't been able to work on the background coloring today but I hope I can at least do a update on Monday if not tonight. Either way thank you for keeping watch on my thread :3