The Time Stones [Adventure, SF, Character-Driven]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Re: [Adventure] The Time Stones (Kickstarted!)

#31 Post by Gear »

In addition to the new screenshots, we've launched an IndieGoGo campaign to raise money for additional assets, like art and programming. A truncated demo was added to the top of the first post if you want to check it out. If you like what we have so far, and are looking forward to seeing this game come to fruition, would you consider donating a little money to our cause?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#32 Post by KittyKatStar »

There, hope it was a good push. ^^; Good luck with your kickstarter!

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Gear »

Thanks so much to you, and everyone else who has donated. Reaching the end of our fundraising campaign. It's not looking like we may meet our goal, but at least we can say we did our best, right? The money we get will be used wisely to keep this project on track.

Also, we have a website now! It's a devblog I just finished putting together: http://www.timestonesonline.com
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Adventure] The Time Stones

#34 Post by Gear »

Well, we do have a few updates regarding our game.
  • First, we did not meet our final goal on the IndieGoGo campaign, but we're not letting that stop us. We're just having to be a bit more selective with how we spend the money that we have.
  • Our devblog has expanded to include cast and crew profiles, as well as sneak peeks into the game's development and story.
  • It is with heavy hearts that the crew of The Time Stones says goodbye to Merqurial, one of our three writers, as he leaves to work on other projects. We wish him the best.
  • The coding prodigy Saguaro has created a journal system that offers insight into the characters' minds. A music and art gallery is next on the list.
  • Our casting call for voiceover artists has completed as of last night. We are still hammering out a few of the roles, but we want to thank everyone who submitted an audition.
  • Finally, we have an update on the game's progress:
The game contains 7,668 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 85,502 words,
for an average of 11.2 words per screen.
The game contains 96 menus.
While the writing is coming along a bit more slowly, our CG artist CosmicKitty has completed a few more CGs for the game. We've also signed on Philip Lonidier to do backgrounds for the game, and thus far, his work has been amazing. I have gotten about 30 new sprites done, with several more on the way.

So, as you can see, we've definitely been keeping busy. Please keep tabs on our thread to see the latest, or check out our DevBlog to hear more. Feel free to ask us any questions or make comments here.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Gear »

Not dead, I swear! I just updated the front page with brand new screenshots with the characters' new looks (where applicable). The demo is being voiced as we speak, and we're only months away! (I keep saying that, don't I?)

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Gear »

On July 15th a new demo will be released with fully completed images, several changes to the storyline and characters, and a second crowdfunding attempt to pay for what's left of the game. I'll post the link here, but there will also be a new thread in the "Beta Testing" section of the forums.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#37 Post by mugenjohncel »

ACK! J... July 15!? :shock:

I thought it was sometime in August!.... Oh well... :mrgreen:

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Time Stones [Adventure, SF, Character-Driven]

#38 Post by Gear »

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#39 Post by gekiganwing »

Be sure to politely promote your Indiegogo campaign. I believe you'll benefit by doing the following:

* Routine updates, both on your own site and Indiegogo
* Posting on relevant forums and communities, while respecting their rules
* Making sure to clearly convey what you intend to accomplish with your story

Some VNs on Kickstarter did not get enough funding and then faded away quietly. If you search Indiegogo for "visual novel," the results look like a graveyard of nearly unnoticed projects. Therefore, please devote time and effort to make sure fans notice your work.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Gear »

Ugh, I am so terrible at marketing...

Kikaharu
Regular

#41 Post by Kikaharu »

Found this awhile, I hope this is still being worked on. It's very interesting :)

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Gear »

Ah, sorry to say, no. Didn't want to make a big deal about it, but this project's been canceled after the demo was released due to lack of funding and manpower. I'm glad you found it interesting though!

Kikaharu
Regular

#43 Post by Kikaharu »

Aww, that's sad to hear. Maybe someday it will be picked up and finished. :)