Eternal Memories (BxG) (121,316) (slice of life)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (52,116) Chat with the characters

#46 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Over time, my tastes have changed a bit. The text from the VDay game isn't exactly and accurate representation of Eternal Memories. At this point, the only Japanese that's being kept are the honorifics. That being said, I'm feeling iffy about them myself and will seriously consider not using them if I ever set another game in Japan. :lol:

Thanks for your input. :mrgreen:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (60,236) (slice of life)

#47 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

An update, I suppose!
It's summer break, so I suspect that there'll be more to show pretty soon.
The first 50kish words are going through editing right now, and I ended up breaking the 60k word mark.

I've set a pretty ambitious writing goal for this summer, and if I'm able to keep to it, there's going to be significant progress in terms of writing...

Arts? You want arts? It might take a couple/few more months :lol: The websites are still very much in development.
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (60,236) (slice of life)

#48 Post by leon »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:An update, I suppose!
It's summer break, so I suspect that there'll be more to show pretty soon.
The first 50kish words are going through editing right now, and I ended up breaking the 60k word mark.

I've set a pretty ambitious writing goal for this summer, and if I'm able to keep to it, there's going to be significant progress in terms of writing...

Arts? You want arts? It might take a couple/few more months :lol: The websites are still very much in development.
Awesome! Great to see this is progressing nicely. :D

And of course we want to see arts! In another thread (WIP/Idea threads: What turns you on/off) you said yourself you like to see art in a thread. So show us something already... Why would you want to wait a few months? If you you are planning to show everything at once, I think you'll have less fans overall...

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (68,726) (slice of life)

#49 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm certainly not planning on showing everything at once, but I'd like to show quality and finished work when I do. :wink:
I expect to have plenty of time to market this, since the project itself is still very far from completion.

My philosophy when it comes to these sorts of things is "show your best face" 8)
Tsundere VN

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (101,374) (slice of life)

#50 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Well, we've broken 100k words. Free virtual cake for everyone. Whew...
Tsundere VN

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#51 Post by gekiganwing »

Thank you for the frequent updates.
redeyesblackpanda wrote: Sato Naomi is the granddaughter of the principal of Tachibana's school. She's not actually an official student of the school, though. She stares at the sky a lot and seems to talk to herself. She claims to be friends with a mouse and a bear up in the sky and has quite a few quirks. It's almost impossible to have a normal conversation with her, as her mind seems to be somewhere else.
There are some cloudcuckoolanders in fiction whose behavior makes sense in context, or because of circumstances. Is there a chance that we will find out why this girl is eccentric and difficult to understand?

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#52 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Absolutely! Her reasons for making very little sense will make a lot of sense :wink:

Anything else would be a spoiler though. :lol:
Tsundere VN

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#53 Post by SelLi »

Hey, redeyes.
I decided to click this thread today and saw it has 4 pages to it. I like watching your updates. They're inspiring and it's nice to watch the project unfold as you and your team complete it.
I don't know quite what I'm saying here, but keep up the good work, alright?
I'm interested in this now~ :) so I'll have my blueeyes on you ;)

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (119,017) (slice of life)

#54 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I couldn't help myself, and updated the character bios in the original post (they were just so poorly written) without anything to show except a higher word count. :lol:

Anyway, I don't think we're too far off from having a website. It should only take a few more months, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had a lot more to show before the end of the year! :lol:

I had a run in with writing block, but it really is fun writing this :mrgreen: Well, when I'm not thinking about editing 70k more words, anyway :lol:

Also, there's not much to show at this point, but if anyone happens to be interested in doing BG lineart or being the BG colorist, hit me up. We just might be able to use you. Otherwise, I'll be searching for people when we have a website up, and something to show for all our work :lol:
Tsundere VN

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (121,316) (slice of life)

#55 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I figured I'd mention that this project is still alive. I've been busy, as have everyone else. I'm looking forward to the winter break for more writing opportunities, and this project will be completed. That being said, it will be quite some time, so like always, there's no promises on the completion date. Don't hold your breath, or you'll be holding it for a fairly long time :wink:
Tsundere VN

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#56 Post by gekiganwing »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:I figured I'd mention that this project is still alive.
Thank you. I thought about it in the last few months, but didn't make time to ask about how things were going. I appreciate your honesty.

That said, you might need to *make* time to write and create your game. Are you currently able to commit a moderate amount of time just about every day in order to work on it?

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#57 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Things have been fairly busy, so the majority of time that I spend working on writing for this project will be during breaks. Unfortunately, this means the writing progress will come in spurts. I know this sort of thing doesn't sound incredibly promising, but we are nearing the one year anniversary since this project was started. :lol:
Tsundere VN

blahblah0625
Regular

#58 Post by blahblah0625 »

Seems interesting! Will be looking forward to this.
Screams and yells for bishies

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#59 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Heh, unfortunately, this may take longer than expected. I've been having trouble with writing as of late.
Tsundere VN