(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#31 Post by teacup »

Thank you for the advice/feedback everyone! ^^ Your thoughts and opinions are very important to me!
Please forgive me for not responding individually to each comment, I'm really tired right now but I promise I read them all >A<;
crystalxelement wrote:wow, i'm speechless. i wish i could give advice but hey, i dont even know how to use much programs. i only know the basics and a few harder ones. *sigh* any music in the game? a theme every character?
Of course there is music! I'm using a mixture of tracks from the first game and several new ones as well. The characters all have 'theme songs' as well.
And no, there is no limit to how often you can use Rinko's power. You can click the psych button as often as you want, but overusing it is rather pointless ^^;
Looking at the sprites and salivating over them. But does that mean... Ren isn't dateable? TT_TT
I get it, incest bad, but he's sooooooo cute~
I answered this a few times already haha; you can't date him but there's an innocent//platonic ending for him.
I'm glad you think he's cute though xD

This is Pafe, she will be Rinko's roommate. You pronounce her name the way you pronounce Parfait... that probably isn't her real name, though...
She's related to one of the romance-able guys... it shouldn't be very hard to tell who ^u^

Next time I will introduce a new character - the arrogant president of the student council. He doesn't have a path but, you'll see a lot of him if you pursue Hitomi.

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#32 Post by ShadowBerry »

Yusa's Sister? o__o...cousine?...awww <3
Cuuuuuute >//x//<

Mhhh, to bad~
Arrogant guys are most fun to pursue as they turn into lovely blushies~ (yeah blushies! New word xD)
Own project:

Princess Akina
Regular

#33 Post by Princess Akina »

Ohmygoshitisarelativeofyusaandsheisgoingtobearoommatesqueal!!!
Just like, jawdropped at the art (like usual :roll: ).
Yup. This game will be just...-not enough words in the english language to describe how awesome this is going to turn out to be-
Must haz demo now 8D
ShadowBerry wrote:Mhhh, to bad~
Arrogant guys are most fun to pursue as they turn into lovely blushies~ (yeah blushies! New word xD)
Ahaha agreed :)

Hmm...I think Yusa will be topping my list now.
Now to decide if I'm going to chase Mikah or Ren second ;A;
Ahhh. Lord kill me now. @_@
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#34 Post by Blane Doyle »

I have to say...

This looks like a great step up from the first game in every way! And the first game was, in my opinion, exceptionally good!

The art was very good, but this art looks great! The sprites AND the backgrounds look so good here! And I like purple box design much more, it is very easy on my eyes, and overall looks better, especially with the text against it.

And this one is just personal, but I do like the theme of the game a tad more this time, but I know others might not think the same way. *shrug* I just like the idea for this game and it interests me greatly!

I await updates for this game very eagerly!

Asterisk
Regular

#35 Post by Asterisk »

Wow! Pafe looks really cute!
I can't wait to see the other new characters!
Everything is going so well ~ *cheers you on*!
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

Beveque
Projects: Sparrow ~Beautiful Fate~
Organization: Songbird Media

#36 Post by Beveque »

I'm chasing Nemu first! He's really cute. x3 I'm cursed when it comes to VNs... Every time I play them, the character I pursue first typically ends up with some disease which makes me bawl. ;n; I hope it's different with Nemu.

Your art has improved tremendously since the first game. I agree that the all-around gameplay does appear to be a great step up from it, too. I can't wait to play it!
work in progress ,,
Sparrow ~Beautiful Fate~ [GxB, Otome]
------------
Songbird Media Blog

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#37 Post by teacup »

Thanks for the comments guys :)
Haven't been able to post in a while cause I'm quite busy, but I've still been working on this! A demo will be released this spring so look forward to that ^^
As for progress, there hasn't been THAT much... I've worked on the script a bit, but Altiera [and I] are both really busy with school and just haven't had the time...;;
I'll be able to get a lot more done next month once spring break comes around.
I just started redoing Ren's sprite today because his current one doesn't look the way I want it to. [His hand is too big, but I'll fix that]
Andd here's a small preview of the top image which I started yesterday XD
Just polishing things up for the demo right now!

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#38 Post by ShadowBerry »

Ren looks way better like this! Well he looks good anyway but I am a fan of straight hair (because I have curls myself <<)

But relax and go easy on your project no need tu hurry okay?
We'll all be waitin in patience for this great piece <3
Own project:

Mayucchi

#39 Post by Mayucchi »

Waaaaaahh.~
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. Can't wait. ^^
I really love your art style, and the efforts you're making in your games.
Not everyone does that..
Really really really appreciating it and really really really looking forward to planets 2!
Also interested in how Itsuka / Someday and Circum[N]avigate will turn out.
I know it's on-hold right now. :)

shyshasha

#40 Post by shyshasha »

i absolutely loved (P)lanets 1 the only thing that i disliked was the fact that we didnt have more choices to choose it really felt like the whole story was planned out i just wish we had more of an affect on the story and the growing romance and that we could interact more. besides that i have no problems ,if (p)lanets 2 is like that it will be the best game ever *.* and i just want to thank you for creating such a awesome game and hope u keep at it im definitely a huge fan after (p)lanets 1

Alwerien
Regular

#41 Post by Alwerien »

Asajbhfjawbgfjaebgfehjbfehjbf Ren, I need Ren so bad. Even if it's just platonic-like end, I'm so gonna be brocon the whole time I play this.

Overall the art looks like a real step up from the previous game and Ren- *dreamy drool* Anyways, really looking forward to this! The gameplay here sounds really enjoyable as well!

And and...I really hope Pafe likes parfaits! it would be cute if she had some cupcake accessory or something sweets looking to her =w=

I don't really know what to advice (cough), just maybe be sure to check for transparent pixels (there is few around Pafe's mouth and neck for example) as on different-colored backgrounds it could end up a bit strange and it's very easy to fix! :)

I actually have few tips about clothes shading I can give you if you would like - don't want to intrude - especially since you didn't really want art critique~

And it's probably late again, but I really wish there was a girl (..roomie?) ending on this version (friend ending is totally fine, not asking for any kind of yuri) - I really tend to enjoy the casualty of a game when not pursuing any guy during some path - sort of gives...kind of a calm feeling and time to catch up on all the school stuff I missed - some neutral friend-like events accomplished through this way of playing would be nice too. Well, maybe for next sequel-

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#42 Post by distorsion »

Yay! I liked your 1st game but felt it was too short, and would have liked to have an ending were you (PC) keep your powers. Still, it was fun to play and I'm sure this one will be too!
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

-SaitoHimea

#43 Post by -SaitoHimea »

Uwahhh this look so much fun can't wait for it!

mangalover45
Projects: Monochrome World

#44 Post by mangalover45 »

I can't wait for the game to come out!! ^^

lillyisawesomeee

#45 Post by lillyisawesomeee »

You may never understand the excitement I'm feeling. ;w;