(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheOneTwo
Regular

Re: (P)lanets 2 [On Hiatus]

#241 Post by TheOneTwo »

It's awesome to know that you're working on this again. :)
Everybody's wishing you the best of luck. :*
Bish please, I'm fab.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#242 Post by teacup »

I feel really happy to know that people still support me after all of the troubles I've had with this game.
I get a warm and fuzzy feeling ^_^
To answer azure's question: Yeah, this game is definitely different enough that it will need a new thread eventually. But I won't be making a new thread for it until I have a lot of progress to show, so it might be a while. For now, I think it's okay to continue asking any questions you (or anyone else) has about it here on this thread, since it is still related in a small way to (P)lanets. :)

Oh, and good job figuring out the acronym, WickedRaccoon! XD

Devil's Truth
Projects: Sky Love
Organization: Celestial Nighte

#243 Post by Devil's Truth »

Hey!!
I just have one question; Are the characters going to be the same as the ones from the 'old' (P)lanets 2?
DevTru
My signature...
Let's see. I'm Devil's Truth from Celestial Nighte. I am awesome. Mwahahaha~ Just kidding :)
Okay, Celestial Nighte is a one woman production, and it's current project is:
Mythical Fantasy/GxB/Otome Romance/School Life
OMG I made it a link!! *Cheer*

DeeKay
Veteran

#244 Post by DeeKay »

Hey ! Just popping here to say hi ! ^^
teacup wrote:I feel really happy to know that people still support me after all of the troubles I've had with this game.
I get a warm and fuzzy feeling ^_^
Well, of course ! If people like your work and are interested in what you do, they will show some level of support ! :wink:
Being in high spirits is good, it can only prove helpful in the long run :D

Cheers !
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Chibichann
Regular

#245 Post by Chibichann »

teacup wrote:Undergoing heavy revisions. Check back later.
I am looking forward to your release :lol: Your first game of planets was 1 of the first oteme game i have played.....AND I LOVED IT :P

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#246 Post by MioSegami »

Devil's Truth wrote:Hey!!
I just have one question; Are the characters going to be the same as the ones from the 'old' (P)lanets 2?
DevTru
No It has a whole new different Cast, but Kaius is still in here :)~ :P But know that it is soo different I'm not so sure :;)
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#247 Post by teacup »

Thank you Deekay-san ^o^

To answer the question about the characters, this is what I wrote before:
teacup wrote:-None of the characters I introduced in (P)lanets 2 will be the main characters in this game. They'll probably appear as side characters, but even then, they won't be the same ones that you are familiar with. I'm changing their designs and the powers that they have.
The main cast will be completely new.
No one from (P)lanets 1 will be in the game.

Devil's Truth

#248 Post by Devil's Truth »

Oh! Sorry about that. I didn't see that reply.
DevTru
My signature...
Let's see. I'm Devil's Truth from Celestial Nighte. I am awesome. Mwahahaha~ Just kidding :)

Marrymelilly

#249 Post by Marrymelilly »

In all honesty teacup, after playing (P)lanets 1, I was immediately sucked into your artistry. No, that doesn't mean your artwork or w/e, but it means your innovative ideas and how you communicate them. I died inside when I found out you were making a (P)lanets 2. I remember playing your game over and over over the summer until it was 6 a.m. in the morning and I was like 'o_o is that the sun..' LOL

When you first declared you were on Hiatus, of course I was bummed. But as a college student myself, I completely empathized with your reasoning. :3

Now, you're announcing that you're changing the game almost entirely, and I've got to say...

You're a freaking genius. Seriously, your description and ideas of what you're planning to do sound beyond amazing. They sound so great, that I don't even MISS your idea of (P)lanets 2 and all those new characters you made. I'm VERY looking forward to the game you're making. But take your time and really spend good thought on it - because you have such a good imagination and potential I haven't seen in other otome game producers! So, the point of this post is that I want you to stay inspired in what you do.. because heck, you're incredible at it!

BIG FAN OF YOURS! ^_^ (stalking you since like.. summer2012) >_>

Note: I just HAD to create an account after seeing your announcement about transforming the game xD and I will be here to give you any ideas if you want! I'm quite the starved writer.

banaforjinyoung

#250 Post by banaforjinyoung »

i've recently started playing otome games and i think this otome game is by far the best game i've ever played.
IT'S PERFECTION. :D :D :D

i just had to make an account here to post this omg. :wink:
and thanks a million for making the sequel game. <3

Soyuki

#251 Post by Soyuki »

Aww, (P)lanets was mine first otome game i've ever played. I was just like "oh my god, where i need to go? If i'll go to the bad place i will have bad ending?! But.. but i should choose with my heart~!" and i get Ryuu normal ending xD (with 2-3 CGs, i was soooo lame xD) Now i played so many of otome games :roll: and when i played (P)lanets again i was just like "seriously? that was hard for me? o.O" But still i loved (P)lanets.

I was reading this topic... a year maybe now? Yes, i think so... And when you and azure say, that you put yours games in hiatus i was just like "NOOOOO, IT'S THE END OF MINE WOOOORLD Q_Q"... Yes... I'm probably still like this xD (So i'm making Touya in Star Project work for me every day to let me forget about this black hole in my heart *^* xD)

Maybe my method was little... chaotically... (certainly xD) b-but i want you to know how many persons from various countries are waiting for this game. For you.

So do your best Teacup, even if we'll need to wait more - we'll still wait for you and (P)lanets :wink:

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#252 Post by teacup »

Wow, such great compliments! Thank you very much everyone, I'm really flattered ;v;
As discouraged as I have been by negative comments, I really need to remember comments like these to make me feel better.
I'm glad you all enjoyed the first game so much! I'll do my best to make all of my future games even better!

I haven't had much time to work on this lately, but I'm going to try and get a lot of stuff done next month (during nanoreno). Hopefully I'll have enough done by then to actually show something. :) I don't want to let anyone down.
I'm still open for ideas and suggestions, so don't hesitate to speak your mind.

Devil's Truth

#253 Post by Devil's Truth »

Okay :) I'll be looking forward to that.
Thanks.
DevTru
My signature...

saranghae_

#254 Post by saranghae_ »

Woah..
To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. I've been stalking this topic & your blog since the very beginning >< and I really liked your "old" idea.
Maybe 'cause I'm still in high school and I'd rather play a game that sets in a high school. I don't know. Plus the game will be very different from (P)lanets which I really loved (and is my favortite btw :3) But yeah, it's your game, do whatever you want & what makes you happy! I wish you good luck on your game. ^w^

PS: Sorry for my bad english
PPS: Teacup, you're the best. <3

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#255 Post by teacup »

I'm sorry you're disappointed, but I can assure you that the new game I'm working on will be better than (P)lanets 2 ever would have been. Like many have said, if the creator doesn't enjoy working on the game, how could anyone enjoy playing it? And I doubt (P)2 would have ever been finished due to my complete and utter lack of motivation anyway. It's unfortunate, but since I'm only doing this for a hobby, I can't bring myself to work on something that I don't enjoy. It'd be different if I was getting paid for it, but... I'm not, haha. ^^;
There are already several high school otome games in production, so you shouldn't worry about a lack of those with (P)lanets 2 being canceled. Still, thank you for still supporting me :)

Anyway, in the spirit of NaNoReNo I've started working hard on the new game. The plot has been all worked out now, now I'm just creating the characters. As soon as I get them sketched out and get a couple thousand words done on the script, I'll be starting a new thread for it. I hope everyone looks forward to it!