(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mindina

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#121 Post by Mindina »

Played your first game and it was AMAZING!!! Lots of fun and totally looking forward to your next one!! :lol: Do you have any idea about when the game is estimated to come out? :) No rush or anything! >.< And thank you soooo much for making these games because whenever I try to find games like this it's always either Japanese or just not that interesting to me haha xD
Last edited by Mindina on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asacream

#122 Post by Asacream »

Just want to say I finished the first game and I'm looking forward to this one <3
Sometimes I get writer's block too, but I guess the best way would just to do something completely new for a change, then when you are ready to come back, you'll find that you have many new ideas! Maybe play some games to get inspiration?

cookiestruck
Regular
Tumblr: cookiestruck
Deviantart: cookiestruck

#123 Post by cookiestruck »

Welcome your new stalker... ME! xD I joined to stalk you ;P
I've read your blog... I'm sorry to hear that D':
I'm looking forward to this awesome game! And.. I wish Ren was dateable. He's so freaking cute :3

Heather32505

#124 Post by Heather32505 »

That's sad to hear. :( I'm a person not usually interested in things like this, but when it comes to (P)lanets I can't wait. if you're having trouble writing I offer myself to help. It's always been easy for me. I know it's rare for you to actually accept this offer, but if you would like my help it would be easy for me to write according to the character's personality and the plot for what you want written. I know it's a long shot, but I just want the game out to play. Either way, GOOD LUCK and DON'T GIVE UP! :D :D

Pyun~
Regular

#125 Post by Pyun~ »

Dang. :I I was hoping you would make a continued version like (P)lanets but with Kaius, Marin, Ryuu, and Lucan. :I Got a great story line on how they reunite. :o Btw good characters. c:

Anygirl4444

#126 Post by Anygirl4444 »

Can't wait!

Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

#127 Post by Firefly »

I'm really excited for the second game! I played your first game awhile ago and loved it!!
~Fireflys are the stars of the Earth~

http://caystar.deviantart.com/

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#128 Post by teacup »

Thanks so much everyone for the comments and support.
I'm sorry for not replying in so long. To be completely honest I have been avoiding this thread, especially after my last post here. I was afraid that people would be angry at me for having trouble with the game. I'm glad to see that I was mostly wrong ^_^ I also didn't want to post anything until I had something to show.
So, what have I been doing?
1. Finished a new main menu image. I'm not totally happy with it though. This is what will be used for the demo, but if I'm not completely burnt out/lazy by the time the full game comes out, I'll probably change it.
2. Polished up the textbox a bit, and all of the buttons are hidden until you hover over them. All I have to do now is the save/load screens and the GUI is done.
Here's how it looks when you hover over the right side of the textbox.
3. Have some more screenshots. I've been writing a lot of scenes, and the current wordcount is 49,653 words.
4. The broken drive has been fixed. (For those who didn't know, the flashdrive that I used for the game broke and seemed unsalvagable. Luckily I got it repaired at a computer repair shop, at the cost of a week's worth of groceries ^___^;;)
In a short while, I'm going to be setting up a way for people to give donations if they desire. Some people offered to pay for me to repair my drive, which I just couldn't accept... but it got me thinking, maybe those same people would be willing to donate? Well, I guess I'll find out when the time comes. If I end up making a reasonable amount of money from that, I'll use it for something game related... been wanting to make (P)lanets merch for a while (like keychains and buttons, since I have an nifty button machine). I wonder if anyone would like that sort of thing :0
Heather32505 wrote:That's sad to hear. :( I'm a person not usually interested in things like this, but when it comes to (P)lanets I can't wait. if you're having trouble writing I offer myself to help. It's always been easy for me. I know it's rare for you to actually accept this offer, but if you would like my help it would be easy for me to write according to the character's personality and the plot for what you want written. I know it's a long shot, but I just want the game out to play. Either way, GOOD LUCK and DON'T GIVE UP! :D :D
Thanks for offering to help. :) I seem to have gotten over my writer's block for now, but I wrote your name down to contact you if I ever need help.
Anygirl4444 wrote:Mikah says the same thing Haruhi does XD but they don't have the same last name so now i'm confused :/ ......oh well! guess i'll have to wait and see!
If you're talking about in the video, Mikah wasn't actually saying the line. He has a different line ("I hate sadness.") I just overlayed Haruhi's quote with the picture of him holding a star because that quote is representative of the game and I wanted to bring it back in the 2nd game. Sorry if it seemed unclear.. I'm going to be remaking the video later on anyway.
Pyun~ wrote:Dang. :I I was hoping you would make a continued version like (P)lanets but with Kaius, Marin, Ryuu, and Lucan. :I Got a great story line on how they reunite. :o Btw good characters. c:
Huh, well, to be honest I have NO idea how I would continue a story with the same characters from the first game. Considering the fact that Marin lost her powers, would a 2nd game with them be at all interesting? ^_^;
Last edited by teacup on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#129 Post by CheeryMoya »

For the main menu, I get the feeling that the lines on Mikah and Nemu's hair could be... cleaner? Like, some of it is thicker or thinner than other parts. Mikah's head is just bothering me >_> The way Hitomi-senpai is looking at me... what does he want omg
4. The broken drive has been fixed. (For those who didn't know, the flashdrive that I used for the game broke and seemed unsalvagable. Luckily I got it repaired at a computer repair shop, at the cost of a week's worth of groceries ^___^;;)
What's more important, your physical health or your games Well, at least you were able to get your files back! Lesson learned though, get a Dropbox even if you aren't working with anyone :V
In a short while, I'm going to be setting up a way for people to give donations if they desire. Some people offered to pay for me to repair my drive, which I just couldn't accept... but it got me thinking, maybe those same people would be willing to donate? Well, I guess I'll find out when the time comes. If I end up making a reasonable amount of money from that, I'll use it for something game related... been wanting to make (P)lanets merch for a while (like keychains and buttons, since I have an nifty button machine). I wonder if anyone would like that sort of thing :0
If you're going to start asking for donations, you might as well get a proper website and not just a simple blog. Face it: you've got a fanbase big enough that you even had offers to pay for the damaged USB. When that happens, you need to think about getting a more professional looking website. Yes, the blog functions, but you can have a lot more. Suggesting redeyesblackpanda's offer because it is a good deal.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#130 Post by Obscura »

Wow, your artwork has really improved, teacup. Thank god you've gotten your flash drive files back, right? :)

This is looking to be a great game!!!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#131 Post by teacup »

CheeryMoya wrote:For the main menu, I get the feeling that the lines on Mikah and Nemu's hair could be... cleaner? Like, some of it is thicker or thinner than other parts. Mikah's head is just bothering me >_> The way Hitomi-senpai is looking at me... what does he want omg
Yeah, something about the picture is bothering me really bad, but I've been looking at it for so long that I can't figure out what it is exactly. I'm willing to go back and edit it, so if you could point out specifically what's wrong with Mikah's head (or anyone else's head) I'd appreciate that. xD I'll also go back and clean up the lines. This is what I get for being lazy and coloring the sketch.
What's more important, your physical health or your games
I-I often find myself questioning that sometimes... >A>;
If you're going to start asking for donations, you might as well get a proper website and not just a simple blog. Face it: you've got a fanbase big enough that you even had offers to pay for the damaged USB. When that happens, you need to think about getting a more professional looking website. Yes, the blog functions, but you can have a lot more. Suggesting redeyesblackpanda's offer because it is a good deal.
@_@ you're right. I've known for a long time that I need to get a *real* website for my games and not just a blog that I update periodically. I don't know anything about website designs though so I've been dreading it. Panda's offer seems like a great one though! I definitely agree that I need a more professional website soon. When I find the time, I'll get right on it!
Obscura wrote:Wow, your artwork has really improved, teacup. Thank god you've gotten your flash drive files back, right? :)

This is looking to be a great game!!!
Ah, thank you so much! ^__^
Yeah, after the devastation of losing my files I literally did not leave my room for several days because I was so upset. Getting them back is a huge relief indeed! ♥
I've already made sure to back them up in several different places, so hopefully nothing like that will ever happen again!

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#132 Post by Tag- »

Glad to hear you recovered your work! It's always devastating to redo things you've already put so much effort in, so it's really good to hear that your effort wasn't wasted :D

Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I've redlined (or purple lined, in this case) the menu picture at CheeryMoya's request C: .
teacupmenu.png
PM me if needed

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#133 Post by teacup »

Ah, I don't mind, in fact I've always wanted someone to do that to one of my drawings. xD I'll try and correct those things tomorrow.
Since this is going to be the first thing people see when they start the game, I definitely want to make sure it looks good.
Thank you for showing me the mistakes and how to fix them!

Heather32505

#134 Post by Heather32505 »

WOOHOO! The flash drive has been repaired, and the writer's block has been diminished. :D :D

Kay

#135 Post by Kay »

Congratulations, Teacup. I'm happy Planets 2 is back on, It's looking great!
Image credit to Murry Lancashire.