(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#151 Post by michi 18 »

Well Ms. Teacup , may I ask how is the progress and when would the game be released (just curious)
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

mklinsao

#152 Post by mklinsao »

Ah, so excited! :lol: But I can't believe the poll results on your blog! How are people least excited about Nemu? He seems the cutest to me.... <3 ^v^

Lol, and I wish incest was permitted. Ren's pretty attractive, after all. xD

Tsukiko Kuroi

#153 Post by Tsukiko Kuroi »

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet; but have you thought of doing a birthday scene? Wouldn't that be exciting! :lol:

Oiram744
Projects: None anytime soon

#154 Post by Oiram744 »

Definitely can't wait for this game. Good luck Teacup!

iLuffBunni

#155 Post by iLuffBunni »

Wait so what happened to Kaius,Lucan,Ryuu,Marin,and everyone else? D: ..Are they in the story too?
Attachments
I saw 'The end' and almost had a heart attack. <br />Me : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -finishes in like 1020190 hours- :c..
I saw 'The end' and almost had a heart attack.
Me : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -finishes in like 1020190 hours- :c..

ixWishing
Veteran

#156 Post by ixWishing »

ASDFGHJKL. Sighhhhhhhh .
Ren is pretty.
I wish he was an obtainable
./Cry

Oddly enough, I find him the most attractive one out of the other guys, appearance-wise.
Blehhh .
./Hoping For A Planets 3 or a secret route for Ren ;__; .

Anyways, I've been stalking watching your updates & news on Planets 2 ever since you made a thread about it.
This seems 2x as much cooler as Planets 1!

P.S. Will there be any cameos for the Planets 1 cast? ;u;
- Everlasting Dreams ;

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#157 Post by teacup »

I'm sorry guys, I keep getting so behind on replying to this thread Dx
I try not to bump my thread unless I have something to show, and as a result I have pages of comments to reply to XDD

@ Heather32505, Kay, ngareci, ritamonteiro47, PuurtySparkles, lillyisawesomeee, Hozrien, xBunn, eternalwishess, Tsukiko Kuroi, RenZero, Rem-chan, Oiram744:
Thank you all for the comments and support. I love all of you (。・ω・。)ノ♡
MomoiroGirl wrote:I heard you've been having a hard time lately, and I totally appreciate you even deciding to make this game, so just remember to take care of yourself and prioritize yourself in times like this! The whole forum will still be waiting whenever you decide to finish this! We will deifinitely wait until it's done (And it's ok if it doesn't get done, but we're glad to help you finish it if you want to, but just need help! :D)

Anyways, I did a simple fanart of Mikah for you (It was a very quick drawing, so it's very simple, but maybe you can think of it as a "FIGHT FIGHT, GANBATTE!!!" fanart! XDDD)

(He may be a biiit too tan, but I looked off a picture where he was a bit tanner than usual, so oh well XD)
That looks awesome! That you so much! :D
Also, I really appreciate your support. I was struggling under pressure before but I feel much better about everything now ^_^
KissOfDeath wrote:OMG~ (P)lanets merchandise?!?!?! I got practically my whole dorm hooked on this site and (P)lanets last year. If you came out with buttons and posters and stuff like that on eBay... I can say that I at the least would spend my clothes savings on every single piece you come out with!!! And if a few girl saw them on my walls and in my room, traffic for your eBay account or w.e (if you have one and decide to make merchandise) would be crazy ! Well hypothetically speaking of course, but surely I would buy posters and buttons just to indulge in my otaku/anime/datesim-centric lifestyle lol :) who knows? Could be worth a shot w/ all the fans you have...
Omg, haha, that's awesome xD
I'm working on getting a more professional looking website up, and I may start selling things there. The only things I have planned so far are buttons, posters, and possibly PSP themes, (someone asked if I will make a dakimakura/hug pillow, but I don't think I'm capable XDD) but if the sales go well enough, I may be able to have more to choose from~ Even if no one buys it, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, lol!
mklinsao wrote:Ah, so excited! :lol: But I can't believe the poll results on your blog! How are people least excited about Nemu? He seems the cutest to me.... <3 ^v^

Lol, and I wish incest was permitted. Ren's pretty attractive, after all. xD
I don't know, honestly, the results of the poll surprise me too XD But I think it will change once people actually get to know the guys. Their personalities are a bit more complex than just a stereotype (I hope), so the first impression might be misleading.
I personally feel that many people will like Nemu if they play his path :D He's my personal favorite character.
I'm sorry about Ren, it's against my moral to make him romance-able since he is blood-related ^^; But you can still get a platonic ending with him.
Tsukiko Kuroi wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet; but have you thought of doing a birthday scene? Wouldn't that be exciting! :lol:
I have! Each guy's birthday will be celebrated in the game (but you can only give him a present or celebrate with him if you have enough affection with him) so there will be birthday scenes, for sure. :)
I've also been fiddling around with letting the you (the player) pick what season you're born in and the boy you have the most affection with will give you a present, but it might be a bit too hard for me to code that. ;;
iLuffBunni wrote:Wait so what happened to Kaius,Lucan,Ryuu,Marin,and everyone else? D: ..Are they in the story too?
They have cameos, but this game isn't their story, so you won't see them very much.
You may see them briefly 2-3 times in the game, as a sort of Easter Egg for players who played the first one. ^_^
The reason I'm doing this is because, first off, most people voted on my blog that they wanted new characters. The second reason is that I'm not extremely proud of (P)lanets 1, so I don't want people to have to play (P)lanets 1 before they can play (P)lanets 2 XDD;
That's why (P)lanets 2 will be a standalone game, separate from the first.
ixWishing wrote:ASDFGHJKL. Sighhhhhhhh .
Ren is pretty.
I wish he was an obtainable
./Cry

Oddly enough, I find him the most attractive one out of the other guys, appearance-wise.
Blehhh .
./Hoping For A Planets 3 or a secret route for Ren ;__; .

Anyways, I've been stalking watching your updates & news on Planets 2 ever since you made a thread about it.
This seems 2x as much cooler as Planets 1!

P.S. Will there be any cameos for the Planets 1 cast? ;u;
I answered these questions above, but here they are again :) :
Ren has a platonic route; it isn't necessarily secret, but it might be disappointing if you're hoping for romance. ^^;
You will see the cast from (P)lanets 1 a few times in the game, but they will not be directly involved in the story. You'll probably see Kaius the most, because he's related to one of the main guys.
As for a (P)lanets 3... gah, I dunno XDD I didn't expect this to become a trilogy, LOL! But we'll see. I still have plans for other games in the future, but I might decide to continue (P)lanets depending on how people feel about the 2nd. :3

Update wise, I don't have much to say, but I am almost done with Nemu's route, and got back in touch with my artist!
However, if you have read my blog, you will know that I'm searching for one more artist to add to my team.
I'm too poor to pay, so you will have to be willing to do this for free. I understand that's a lot to ask, but with a 2nd artist the game will get done faster (and there is a 100% guarantee this game will come out, so don't be afraid that your work will be wasted).
Right now, it is planned that the 2nd artist will only be a colorist. Altiera, while busy, is still planning to do all of the CG, but she said it will be helpful to her if someone can color some of the CG for her. BUT if we start getting close to the release date and Altiera needs help, I might ask you to do some full CGs. There are about 40 CG to do, so please know what you are getting into. I'm not strict at all with deadlines, but I still expect some form of communication at least once a month.
So if you would like to apply to this position, please send me a PM~ (And please, have some samples of your art! I can't pick you as an artist if I don't know what your style is like!)

CuppieKeyk
Regular
Projects: Apple Kiss [Will create a thread soon]
Organization: Myself XD

#158 Post by CuppieKeyk »

Art's improved >w< ! And should subscribe to this thread, after playing the Planets 1, I just figured out that it has season 2 and the fact the Kaius is also there !
Good Luck and Have fun doing your project ! =D
I really like the Story, It's incredible >w< !

Go go go ! Keep it up ! >:OOO
My Other Projects :

My Daisy

The Rose Princess

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#159 Post by teacup »

Small update today!
I redid Rinko's sprite, because I was never very satisfied with the first one.
She now looks a lot more like I how I had imagined her. And she also looks less loli, which is always a good thing.
I hope I am getting better at drawing girls ^^;
Here's all of her expressions, and a comparison to her old sprite.
CuppieKeyk wrote:Art's improved >w< ! And should subscribe to this thread, after playing the Planets 1, I just figured out that it has season 2 and the fact the Kaius is also there !
Good Luck and Have fun doing your project ! =D
I really like the Story, It's incredible >w< !

Go go go ! Keep it up ! >:OOO
Thank you CuppieKeyk! :) I'm doing my best!

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#160 Post by Obscura »

She's adorable. You have a good sense of proportions and what makes things "cute", IMHO.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#161 Post by Reyire »

I liked the old one too, but I'm really liking her new sprite a lot as well! So excited for (P)lanets 2! ^_^
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

Princess Akina
Regular

#162 Post by Princess Akina »

Wow, I thought the old sprite was amazing. But the new one is even better! I can just see that HUGE amount of improvement in your art. It is amazing! ^^
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

YukiBella

#163 Post by YukiBella »

O.o Your sprite really did improve!! >///< Can't wait for (P)lanets 2!!!

silverstez
Regular

#164 Post by silverstez »

I actually squee(-ed??) really loudly when I saw this :D

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for it. I am making a visual novel myself so I am hoping it can be as good as yours (but of course different with my own style and all). I don't want to copy your stuff, I just want to make something as good.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#165 Post by teacup »

Thanks everyone!
I have finished writing Nemu's route!! *A* I'm going to miss him - the life of a sleepy artist was quite interesting to write about.
The next route on my list is Hitomi.
Here's a screencap of Nemu's route in his summer outfit (if he looks different, it's because I've edited his sprite... I'm never satisfied ;A;)
Also, Altiera has got 2 more CGs done. So we're definitely progressing!