(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#166 Post by WickedRaccoon »

oh my gosh!!!!!updates here....(゚∀゚*) updates there... (*゚∀゚) updates everywhere!!!!! *faints*
so happy to know that the game is moving along nice!!!can't wait for it to be released.impatient me is impatient ^^ i like the new rinko,cuter that the old one.also,congrats for finishing nemus route!
you have my ultimate support,and of course my help if it's ever needed

kagome84

#167 Post by kagome84 »

hey teacup i would not mind helping you for free i love drawing and i wouldnt mind at all haha i personaly loved the first one and i do agree that the stroy did progress a lil to quickly but i really enjoyed it haha anyway just to let u know im not to great at useing the computer or at making senory but i would love to be apart of this project of yours! u might have to teach me how to do sertin things but i would really like to help :)

kagome84

#168 Post by kagome84 »

hey teacup how many more of their stories do u have left?

Hannahchu
Regular
Projects: Morte. Deaths Kiss! I'm no boy! <3

#169 Post by Hannahchu »

I really can't wait for this, I absolutely loved (P)lanets 1, I'm happy to provide my beta-testing, proof reading and writing skills should you ever need them, not that you do - your games are awesome!

Xiomaraze

#170 Post by Xiomaraze »

Aha, I literally registered for the forums just to give you this advice since I quite enjoy your games and want too help out. I am not entirely sure if this would work, (or if your even using the program i think you are) but for the birthdate of the player, I was thinking perhaps you could let the player chose the season. Then for each season you have a pre-programmed birthdate set up for it. At the begining when the player chooses their birthdate you get the program to record somewhere the season they chose, then at the appropriate time in each season (where the birthdate of the player SHOULD happen if they chose that season) the game checks back on the "birthday variable" that the chosen season was recorded too. If it's not the right season then the game automatically skips that scene. If it is then it will play the scene.

That was even if after the birthdate of the player has passed you don't get a mix up with the computer thinking its time for the birthday scene.

(If you are going to do this use a unique variable such as a letter to record the season i.e.:
the variable is called "birthday" and for summer the variable letter is "s" for fall its "f" for winter its "w" and for spring it could be "e" - eastertide -)

This is all just some suggestions I have being a person who is learning to create programs in Turing.

Hope This helped! ~Xio

im_lunna
Projects: Translations of (P)lanets

#171 Post by im_lunna »

Hey!

I just finished playing through all endings (i think) of (P)lanets, and I really love the game and the work you've put into it!

To your new game: It sounds really promising! I do hope that it comes out soon!
You asked for general feedback, and there was one thing i wanted to point out: In most vn and rpg's they use the phrasing "you". In (P)lanets, everything is: I think. I do. etc. But most of the time the developers try to engage the gamers more by saying: You think. You do. You say. Etc.
Maybe it's your style, if that's the case, i don't want to criticize it, but i just wanted to mention that having everything phrased with "you" makes the game more involving (in my opinion at least).

I'm looking forward to the game <3

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#172 Post by AshenhartKrie »

im_lunna wrote:Hey!

I just finished playing through all endings (i think) of (P)lanets, and I really love the game and the work you've put into it!

To your new game: It sounds really promising! I do hope that it comes out soon!
You asked for general feedback, and there was one thing i wanted to point out: In most vn and rpg's they use the phrasing "you". In (P)lanets, everything is: I think. I do. etc. But most of the time the developers try to engage the gamers more by saying: You think. You do. You say. Etc.
Maybe it's your style, if that's the case, i don't want to criticize it, but i just wanted to mention that having everything phrased with "you" makes the game more involving (in my opinion at least).

I'm looking forward to the game <3
Actually in almost every game I've played it's used first person. I think it's because writing in second person is slightly difficult for some people, and first person seems natural in VNs. But that's just me.
I swear I've commented on this before, but I probably forgot.
Anyway - teacup. You rock. There isn't really much feedback for me to give since a lot of people have already given it to you. Umm..... well..... um.... Are any traditional japanese festivals going to be celebrated? I'm guessing that there will be school festivals.
Also, as weird as this sounds, I know a bit about aura reading, being into the occult and supernatural myself, so I can help out if you need help. Like, sometimes the colours don't just relate to a certain mood: eg, white is healing and is also a sign of serenity, most often seen around spiritual leaders. Of course, that might get a bit confusing, but the offers on the table.
Good luck, keep it up, blah blah blah you know what I mean. XD

also, cos I'm getting annoyed with everyone asking when it will be finished - she's got a life! XD And she has said multiple times that it won't be out until next year sometime.
Err, sorry for that. I just got a bit peeved.
Ima go now.
BAIBAI

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Genesislove
Regular

#173 Post by Genesislove »

I loved Planets, good luck on this!:D

crystalxelement

#174 Post by crystalxelement »

WOW! Much improvements! Love it.
I'm taking a guess you won't be done with this game this year?

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#175 Post by teacup »

@Xiomaraze
Thank you for taking the time to give me that advice! I've already put the birthday system into the game, pretty much the same way you described ^_^

@im_lunna
Hmm, is that really true? I've played a lot of visual novels, and very, very rarely have I ever seen second person used. Generally I think, second person POV is used when the game isn't as text heavy, but is more choice heavy (in that the player literally IS the character - see the SMT Persona games for example). (P)lanets is a very pure visual novel so there is a lot of text to read... and it's generally said that second person can be very tiring to read in large doses.
Thank you for your comments!

@AshenhartKrie
Ahh, thank you so much! ^_^
Yes, there are school festivals. For example, hanami festival (cherry blossom viewing) and tanabata festival will be celebrated! There's also Halloween events, and a winter event~ Lots of festivals and fun things will happen xD
Oh, if you have anything to tell me about aura reading, please do! I mostly go in a creative direction with the psychic powers (meaning that a lot of the stuff comes from my own mind and aren't actually based on "real" psychic powers), but I like to get inspiration from real things as well~
Ahaha, and yeah, it gets really tiring when people always ask when the game comes out. I made a blog post recently answering this question specifically, and I STILL get asked all the time @_@;; I guess some people just don't take the time to read;;;

Thanks to everyone else! I don't need testers or anything right now, but I will in the future. Also, I've stopped searching for a second artist right now. I've decided not to succumb to the pressure of everyone telling me to get this game out ASAP - my artist and I are both busy and we're going to let the game finish at its own pace. I want to have fun with this, and I'm doing this for free! I realized now: this is not my job. This is a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be fun. It isn't worth it if I feel like it's becoming a full time job with a strict deadline... so the game will come out when it comes out. Just know that I am making some very excellent progress lately, and you won't be waiting forever.

Anyway, I'm slowly making edits to the sprites as my style CONTINUES to change! (Will I ever be consistent?) So, have a look at Yusa's two poses.

HeungMao

#176 Post by HeungMao »

WOOOOOW. * O*
You improved so much!!! :D
:O

@O@

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#177 Post by Hijiri »

teacup wrote: Image
Umm, can I comment about the crossed arm pose? His arms are crossed in an unnatural way, and trying to duplicate the pose IRL proves it to be uncomfortable. (You can even try and cross your arms the way he has it, and you'll see you can't replicate it naturraly, without forcing it)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#178 Post by teacup »

Hijiri wrote:
teacup wrote: Image
Umm, can I comment about the crossed arm pose? His arms are crossed in an unnatural way, and trying to duplicate the pose IRL proves it to be uncomfortable. (You can even try and cross your arms the way he has it, and you'll see you can't replicate it naturraly, without forcing it)
Hmm, in that case do you have any advice how to improve it? Like, what's unnatural about it specifically? I still have a lot of trouble with anatomy D:

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#179 Post by try10 »

I LOVED your first game (P)lanets! Your art looks fantastic! All the guys are handsome and seem very interesting, so I can't pick a favourite,yet. I can't wait for the full release!

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#180 Post by TakeOverWorld »

The new sprite looks much better, but I think the arms look a bit too long? And I think what Hijiri meant was that when people cross their arms, the hands are both close to the elbows. Like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&um= ... ,s:0,i:117

Whereas the way you've drawn the sprite, the hand is further up his arm, and it looks a bit awkward.