Death Rule:lost code [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kumori
Regular

Re: Death Rule:TFR [Thriller/BR] (Art Up)

#16 Post by Kumori »

The art is looking good! I'm trying to guess who everyone is, but I'm stupid so I can't.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:TFR [Thriller/BR] (Art Up)

#17 Post by HigurashiKira »

Kumori wrote:The art is looking good! I'm trying to guess who everyone is, but I'm stupid so I can't.
They are as followed:
Sherry, Morgan, Hector, Lilly, Tanya, Dwight, Maria, George, Tinasa, Abigail, Gabe, and Abraham

Granted, half of them could have been guessed with just reading their bios (Morgan has a shirt that ressembles a prisoner's outfit, Lilly and Maria are the only Muttaga in the game, Sherry is a little girl, Dwight is the boy, and Gabe really does ressemble a hobo.)
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:TFR [Thriller/BR] (Valentine Side-Story soon]

#18 Post by HigurashiKira »

=THIS SPACE FOR RENT=
Last edited by HigurashiKira on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:TFR [Thriller/Battle Royal]

#19 Post by HigurashiKira »

#Content Unavailable#

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by HigurashiKira »

Dropping by to leave a little something:
Also, if you're an artist and are in a giving mood, feel free to do some fanart if you want. I'll add it into the game's image gallery and credit you as well. (You might also be lucky and get the game before anyone else does)

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#21 Post by kaleidofish »

As a fellow horror fan, I can't wait to see this released. Poor George...he looks like he's having a rough time. Nice looking art! I also didn't realize he knew French, interesting (I didn't read the Guide, to avoid possible spoilers). If I could draw, I'd gladly provide some fan art. In an alternate world where we could, I'd probably draw Abraham or Sherry. Will there ever be any choices that we can make during the story?

Good luck getting this finished. :)
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#22 Post by Nellie »

Loving the GUI and the game ideas... Add to stalk list. Good luck!! :)

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by HigurashiKira »

kaleidofish wrote:As a fellow horror fan, I can't wait to see this released. Poor George...he looks like he's having a rough time. Nice looking art! I also didn't realize he knew French, interesting (I didn't read the Guide, to avoid possible spoilers). If I could draw, I'd gladly provide some fan art. In an alternate world where we could, I'd probably draw Abraham or Sherry. Will there ever be any choices that we can make during the story?

Good luck getting this finished. :)
The game has a menacing atmosphere, but isnt full blown horror. Dosen't mean there arent any mindfuck moments
And you really should read the Commodore's Guide. Nothing in it is really spoilerish.
George isn't French, but he grew up in an area where the people spoke mostly French.
As for choices? Well, besides the episode select, there is 1 choice that will decide whether you get the "Good" end or the True end for the first Ep.
(Definition of "Good" may vary)
Nellie wrote:Loving the GUI and the game ideas... Add to stalk list. Good luck!! :)
Thanks, took a while to get here. Lets push towards the end!

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by HigurashiKira »

A short update:
The preference screen got a makeover ~:3

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#25 Post by Raindrops »

Awh man I'm really looking forward to this! These teasers make me want to play the game D; But, it'll be worthwhile...:') The scene with George looks beautiful *0* There is no other way to describe it m'afraid :') The preference screen is also amazing - looking the 'FORBIDDEN' on the save as well xD
TOPofBB
All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
- Andre Breton

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by HigurashiKira »

Raindrops wrote:Awh man I'm really looking forward to this! These teasers make me want to play the game D; But, it'll be worthwhile...:') The scene with George looks beautiful *0* There is no other way to describe it m'afraid :') The preference screen is also amazing - looking the 'FORBIDDEN' on the save as well xD
Thank you. Glad you've enjoyed the previews. Though if you're curious to learn more, there's always the Commodore's Guide~

And about that FORBIDDEN: It's only on the main menu where it says that. I ain't mean enough to keep you from saving in-game.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by HigurashiKira »

Just a quick show of hands:
Would you WANT to see this game have a Good ending, or is just having 1 True ending good enough?
There is a Good ending I have started working on, one that is drasticly different from the true end. Reason I'm asking this is whether to add it in as part of the game, or as a side bonus

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#28 Post by Reikun »

HigurashiKira wrote:Just a quick show of hands:
Would you WANT to see this game have a Good ending, or is just having 1 True ending good enough?
There is a Good ending I have started working on, one that is drasticly different from the true end. Reason I'm asking this is whether to add it in as part of the game, or as a side bonus
It's really up to you! I always play for all the endings so as long as the True Ending actually feels like a true, conclusive ending, I'm good with that (though the true ending can technically be a cliffhanger if this is only part of a series)! Maybe having a Good Ending would be better to spice up your repertoire? (Unless you normally write good endings into your VNs/scripts/stories?)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a Good Ending would be good if you really thought it would ADD something to the story/game. Otherwise it would probably be fine as an extra!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#29 Post by Hijiri »

Reikun wrote:
HigurashiKira wrote:Just a quick show of hands:
It's really up to you! I always play for all the endings so as long as the True Ending actually feels like a true, conclusive ending, I'm good with that (though the true ending can technically be a cliffhanger if this is only part of a series)! Maybe having a Good Ending would be better to spice up your repertoire? (Unless you normally write good endings into your VNs/scripts/stories?)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a Good Ending would be good if you really thought it would ADD something to the story/game. Otherwise it would probably be fine as an extra!
Answer is spoilered for story reasons:
The good ending and the true ending more-or-less end the same way: the Committee gets dissolved because the nature of the Killer Game is revieled. But how it gets there is drasticly different betweenbthe two endings. Charaters take different actions in both paths, and change who lives and dies. Also, the True end does end in a sort of "to be continued" fasion, which dosent occour in the Good End (Which does, more or less, conclude the story.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

applegirl
Veteran

#30 Post by applegirl »

A visual novel about a battle royale? Awesome. I get a bit of a Hunger Games feeling when reading the first post, but that is a very good thing (a good series to be linked to imo). Very nice GUI too. Hmm...I haven't read the guide because I'm not sure how spoilerish it is (also, I feel like it'll make me really want to read this and I'm not sure when it'll be finished.) But yeah, very nice. I can't help but shake the feeling that the true end will be very depressing (when you compare it to having a good ending), but I'm a bit of an odd type that actually likes the sad endings in the visual novels with good stories/writing. So yeah, I'm in favor of the true ending if the good ending goes against what you see for this visual novel.