Death Rule:lost code [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

Re: Death Rule:lost code[Survival/Trust] Updated 10/9

#136 Post by Reikun »

George's Random Facts wrote:Despite the numerous admirers he has, George has never pursued a relationship for the sole fact that he believes in ‘love at first sight.’
You and me both, George. Except that nobody admires me. HAHAHA
Abigail's Random Facts wrote:It was during that time that she met her late husband.
I didn't know she was married!!!!!! When I first played the demo I didn't get the impression that she was even old enough to be married and have a son???? D:
Abraham's Random Facts wrote:Is quite tech-savvy. He once hacked into his college professor’s record book to boost his grade in Math, and has built his own computer.
Give me your skills.

That was a fun read xD I can't wait till this is finally released ;0; (also, crying at that Dwight teaser from EP2 a few posts back. At this rate, Dwight is gonna be my fave character OTL)
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#137 Post by Hijiri »

Reikun wrote:
George's Random Facts wrote:Despite the numerous admirers he has, George has never pursued a relationship for the sole fact that he believes in ‘love at first sight.’
You and me both, George. Except that nobody admires me. HAHAHA
That little fact plays a big role in his MO here...
Reikun wrote:
Abigail's Random Facts wrote:It was during that time that she met her late husband.
I didn't know she was married!!!!!! When I first played the demo I didn't get the impression that she was even old enough to be married and have a son???? D:
Well, waking up and discovering that you're in a game that could very much kill you dosen't make an older person keep a cool head. She shows more of her wisdom later on though.
Also, she has a wedding ring on (It's hard to see due to being covered by the text box though)
Reikun wrote:
Abraham's Random Facts wrote:Is quite tech-savvy. He once hacked into his college professor’s record book to boost his grade in Math, and has built his own computer.
Give me your skills.
/人◕‿‿ ◕人\<Contract?
Reikun wrote:That was a fun read xD I can't wait till this is finally released ;0; (also, crying at that Dwight teaser from EP2 a few posts back. At this rate, Dwight is gonna be my fave character OTL)
Glad you like them! I have a lot of fun with these along with silently dropping hints and I'll probably do for all of them (As of this post, Tina's is up)

And believe me, you're gonna love what Ia did with Dwight in Ep2. :D
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

#138 Post by Hijiri »

While I took a break from editing, I decided to fix up the map a bit.

(Red dots are Players, White ones are weapons, Blue ones are traps)
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#139 Post by Hijiri »

More screenshots for you to ogle at~
This is just something I wanted to test. Feel free to give me your opinions on this type of dialogue scenes, since this screen is just a test one.
Image Image

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#140 Post by azureXtwilight »

It looks really cool! Gives the feeling on a one vs one duel or something ;)

Loving the fact that there are so many diversity in the game, people with different backgrounds and such. It makes they feel like real people and I'm sure I will enjoy it~ *orgettotallyscaredheh*

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#141 Post by Hijiri »

azureXtwilight wrote:It looks really cool! Gives the feeling on a one vs one duel or something ;)

Loving the fact that there are so many diversity in the game, people with different backgrounds and such. It makes they feel like real people and I'm sure I will enjoy it~ *orgettotallyscaredheh*
It's actually more 1 on 1 convo than actual fighting. If I do something simiar to fights, it would be more like this.

And yeah, they've changed a lot since the beginning. TBH, only a few of them were going to get some focus and have their backgrounds revealed. (Tanya and Dwight, for example, were cannon fodder before. Now both of them play key roles in the Death Rule universe.)
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#142 Post by Hijiri »

Current news:
-Coding for Ep2 is about 10% done
-A new cursor was made for the game.
-I accidentally overwrote the most recent copy of lost code's script with an older copy. Now I'm back to pre-Day 2....
AAAAAARRRRRRRG!

With that out of the way....
Hijiri begins slamming his head against the wall until unconscious.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code[Survival/Trust] Updated 10/25 ;_;

#143 Post by Hijiri »

Our little Halloween game, Death Rule: Fear Complex is out now. With this out of the way, the next demo for lost code will take priority.

Speaking of lost code, I've recovered somewhat, and I hope to have something done by Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code[Survival/Trust] Updated 11/10

#144 Post by Hijiri »

Been dealing with a bit of writer's block, so I decided to work on the unfinished parts of the UI today. Here's the music room!

The Music Room will display the name of the artist below the selected track. Any and all comments are appreciated!
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Death Rule:lost code[Survival/Trust] Updated 11/22

#145 Post by Hijiri »

Alright, considering my pace at the moment I may be able to release the new demo around New Years (If no problems arise in school). All of the bonus menus have been finished and coded as well. (But all save the music room are locked in the demo.) In the meantime, I'll leave you with some dere Abe.
I'm sorry if this violates the mental image you've had of him. Also, the cast has more expressions.
Image Image

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#146 Post by azureXtwilight »

Mental image violated, all right O_O I-I thought you just switched to the romance genre.

Anyways, good luck for everything! :D

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#147 Post by Hijiri »

azureXtwilight wrote:Mental image violated, all right O_O I-I thought you just switched to the romance genre.

Anyways, good luck for everything! :D
Hehe, don't worry, that specific expression will probably only show up in the Extra Stage (My equivalent of Higurashi's wrap-up party, except with 3 team members being involved in the talks and some silliness as well)

I doubt there will ever be a Death Rule dating sim Despite getting numerous messages asking me why this isn't an otome/bishoujou game. Actually, that may be the reason why I'll never do one
Image Image

Xuan
Regular
Projects: Dustbin Dreaming

#148 Post by Xuan »

Well... Isn't this almost exactly the same as (the settings at least) the Japanese Secret Game series? I mean, sure, those who don't know would find an English version pretty interesting but, for those who do know... never mind.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#149 Post by Hijiri »

Xuan wrote:Well... Isn't this almost exactly the same as (the settings at least) the Japanese Secret Game series? I mean, sure, those who don't know would find an English version pretty interesting but, for those who do know... never mind.
I take a lot of inspiration from FLAT's Secret Game series, yes, but at the same time I also take from a few other things. (Battle Royale, Hunger Games, The Running Man, etc) Yes, I do sort of borrow the setting of Code:Revise (albeit, with a few major differences) but the main story of the Death Rule series and the SG series are vastly different, and take different paths. (There's also the fact that SGKQ and SGCR were H-Games...)

Funny story though; this entire project started off as a pseudo fanfiction of Killer Queen (That was 4 years ago). Over time, it's evolved into what it is now. But in-game, I do throw a few nods to KQ and CR as a homage to those games, since they inspired me to create VN's.
Image Image

Xuan
Regular
Projects: Dustbin Dreaming

#150 Post by Xuan »

Well, there's no harm making a 'fanfic' VN. I've personally entertained with the idea once - although I quickly gave up after that particular fanfic I'm writing grew to a 70k+ words monsters.

Good luck - though I think you really could use an upgrade on the art.