Final Banquet [GxB][fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

Final Banquet [GxB][fantasy]

#1 Post by Arithra »

Final Banquet

A girl that is to be sacrificed in a ritual. She was chosen for her excellent health.
Her death is to bring the king new life and fertility to his wife.
She has already given up on live and is waiting for the end when she is called to her final banquet, held by the king’s brother and the priest who is going to sacrifice her.
Not caring about protocol the girl begins talking to the two powerful, yet very different men...

In the game there are three, maybe four important characters - including the heroine herself.

Alua – The heroine of the game. She is a teenage girl from a peasant family. She has spent her life previous to the game working on the farm her family owns and, like most of her family, has never been ill. Alua is aware of the rules and knows that she is in no position to talk to people above her birth - but facing death she thinks that it cannot get any worse.

Krymar – The king’s younger brother. He has made a name for himself in the war and is known for his beautiful yet deadly swordsmanship. In public he stands behind his brother in every aspect but is he really loyal to the bone?

Xares – The high priest of the kingdom of Askeen. He has gained his current position at a young age and his name makes mighty men shudder in fear yet it does not seem like he is a serious person...

Serenz
– The king of Askeen. After his father’s sudden death he became king but problems arise on after another. The biggest is the lack of an heir and in his eyes there may be one way to change that...

While working on Perios I have been doing this little project on the side.
I am writing it in some of my spare time between classes and compared to Perios it is rather short.

Planning: 100%
Writing: 90%
Scripting: 30%
Sprites: 100%

What to expect:
6 Endings
2 obtainable guys!

I have found an artist!
It's Tachyglossus!

Demo:

windows
mac
linux

A screenshot from the very beginning of the game.
I have yet to work on the interface, but I plan to change the textbox.
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

maypaymusic
Regular

Re: Final Banquet [GxB][fantasy]

#2 Post by maypaymusic »

this looks really nice! I like the storyline :) It's good to see you are almost done. Can we expect a demo or just the full game? And exactly how long will the game be (hours of playtime)?
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by try10 »

The art looks absolutely stunning and the plot is very original. :D The demo was quite enjoyable and I'm really curious now about all the possible endings. :D

I look forward to play the full game and good luck in finishing it!XD

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#4 Post by Rin »

A-Amazingggg *A*
I absolutely love the art style! Also the awesome storyline and story background. This is sooooooo tempting at the very first glance *grab the demo* I really can't wait to play the full one *0*

Good luck you guys, I'm starting to stalk this amazing work~

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#5 Post by Arithra »

Thank you guys!

@maypaymusic: look at the end of the first post again, the demo should still be there.
I'm afrait I don't know how long it will take to play the whole game... I find myself skipping some parts when I look at it again, but it should not take to long, as the whole skript, all endings included is around 13.000 words long.

@try10: The art was by Tachyglossus and I really love the way she draws the different expressions. Once I have it checked for grammar and spelling mistakes I will have to do the scripting, the interface and the music.. then it's finished... maybe at the end of feburary...

@Rin: Thank you!

I was wondering about the music, is it fitting?
Or maybe to cheerful? I'm a little unsure about that and would love some feedback.
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

kuri_chii
Regular
Completed: RHWIMY beta 1.0
Projects: Right here where I met you, Love Snatch, Monarchy High
Organization: VND - AWA
IRC Nick: Kuri
Deviantart: franzzzz002

#6 Post by kuri_chii »