(GXB) [Fantasy] Syphethia's Discoveries

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SyphyChan
Veteran
Projects: Syphethia's Discoveries

(GXB) [Fantasy] Syphethia's Discoveries

#1 Post by SyphyChan »

Hey everyone right now this is my main project cause all my other artists are busy.

Storyline:
Syphethia is a young light elf about to reach maturity. She is a princess who lives in a small city that is thought of as the entire world and stays in her tiny little castle. Seeing as she is about to reach adulthood her reserved mother and demanding father want her to marry the noble Kita. This is a horrendous idea to her especially since is seems her 'fiance' is keeping many secrets. After being abandoned on the date she was forced to go on she locks herself in the library and finds herself in the forbidden section. Being a curious elf she ends up looking around finding books about other elves and creatures and she finds diaries. They are the diaries of the last light elves. Along with the strange books she finds a symbol on the wall. Strangely having the key to open this passageway she finds herself in the real world. Sadly it's no longer as beautiful as it was. She finds herself face to face with a disgusting, monstrous...elf?

Characters:

Syphethia
She is the main character and is a light elf. She is very kind and caring but can be misunderstood and when angered the person get quiet an explosion from her.

Kita:
He is a light elf and the princess's fiance. He is very strange and is always disappearing after receiving a mysterious phone call. He doesn't seem very nice and is incredible smug.

Korra:
He is a waiter at one of the light elf restaurants. He is very kind and social and seems to always be their when this princess is in a bind. His signature facial expression is his big cheesy smile :D

Darc:
He is a dark elf who is fierce and strong. He may sound rude through his voice and actions but he really is a caring person deep down. Not that he'll ever admit to it.

Dina:
She is the sister of Darc who is even more violent than her brother. She is flirtatious and has a fiery attitude but still love her brother dearly wether she shows it or not.

Fira:
He is a hotheaded fire elf. He is always full of energy and any little comment could set him off but he would never leave a friend behind or let them get hurt.

"Can't think of a name yet)
He is a calm and calculating water elf. He is mature and tends to correct people which makes him seem smug and arraogant which was never his real intention. In actuality he is very caring just misunderstood for the way he shows it.

Thanks for reading. Please comment and tell me if ya like is and I'm open for suggestions about events and for about more characters. Oh and don't just silently stalk this like some people do! I like comment and I like to hear feedback. THX!

My artist is isanohohoemi
Last edited by SyphyChan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

SyphyChan
Veteran

Re: (GXB) Syphethia's Discoveries (WIP)

#2 Post by SyphyChan »

Darc syphethia and dinas full sprites

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by try10 »

Your game sounds pretty interesting.( Love the plot about elves and the sprites are so well drawn :D).

I'm oficially stalking your thread now. :)

Princess Akina
Regular

#4 Post by Princess Akina »

Hm...me likes the fantasy theme very muchly :D
The story is pretty interesting. I like the fact that it is set in a fantasy world (I especially like elves @.@) and the art is just stunning. I love it.
Definitely stalking this thread :D
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

I love the art and the plot seems interesting, though I can't say much since there's too little info. There is one thing I'd like to point out though. I think you should change the thread's title into something like this.
"Sypethia's Discoveries [Fantasy][GxB]"
I'm not being bossy or anything I'm just saying it since it's in the rules and I think you should just remove the WIP since the sub-forum's name itself is already "Works in Progress." ^_^;
And I think you should add screenshots or maybe snippets of the current script so people can find more things to comment on. :)

Sorry if I seemed harsh or bossy, but I assure you, I'm definitely one of those people who'll patiently wait for more updates. ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

SyphyChan
Veteran

Re: (GXB) [Fantasy] Syphethia's Discoveries

#6 Post by SyphyChan »

Thanks everyone :D
And silverxblue thanks for advice don't worry I don't thin you are being bossy I'm not that sensitive :P

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#7 Post by Razz »

Awesome concept and art! All the designs really nail the personalities, i like dina the most i think :3

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#8 Post by silenteve »

The concept looks great! Can't wait to see the rest of the characters!
Syphethia is so pretty! I can't wait for this to be released!
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#9 Post by distorsion »

This game sounds great. Can't wait to see the rest of the character's sprites, they're so pretty!
Don't ask me why, but for some reason I'm imagining Fira's hair turns to flame when he's angry. o_O'
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

♥BlackRainbow08♥
Projects: 'Love High'
Organization: Registered Member

#10 Post by ♥BlackRainbow08♥ »

Woah! The art is just so Great. And the story seems interesting.
I will be looking forward to it.

♥BlackRainbow08♥

Katty16
Regular

#11 Post by Katty16 »

Are you still working on this project??

SyphyChan
Veteran

#12 Post by SyphyChan »

Hey thanks for all the comments people I really hope I have a chance to finish this. The only problem is that artists are so flaky! They do a bunch of awesome things and then suddenly don't email me for months. One day I will finish it I just can't guarantee it will be any time soon. Thanks for your patience everyone v_v

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#13 Post by WickedRaccoon »

vnluver wrote:Hey thanks for all the comments people I really hope I have a chance to finish this. The only problem is that artists are so flaky! They do a bunch of awesome things and then suddenly don't email me for months. One day I will finish it I just can't guarantee it will be any time soon. Thanks for your patience everyone v_v
that's ok,we will wait as long as it takes for the game to be completed!!!you have our support :D :D :D :D

Hannahchu
Regular
Projects: Morte. Deaths Kiss! I'm no boy! <3

#14 Post by Hannahchu »

So pretty..

Chu~

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#15 Post by PuffBun »