Bliss Stage - [GxB] [GxG] [BxG] [BxB] [Sci-Fi] [RPG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Re: [BxG] [BxB] [Sci-Fi] [RPG] Bliss Stage: Love is Your Wea

#16 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Voice acting session next week! I'll be putting up voice clips when it happens.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Public Beta demo at Fanime 2012.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

We now have our own website at www.blissstage.com - and new art by Jeremy Campbell. Check it out.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Upderp. Included here is early concept art of Jeremy Campbell; we're moving in the direction of a living comic book for this VN, with comic-book panels for CG's.

Joshua Preston

Anna Lin

Gabriel Winter

Keenan Caine

Sara Smith

Derek Smith

Meredith Baker

lemuel
Regular
Projects: What is Life When the Golden is Gone?

#20 Post by lemuel »

Are those the final character designs?

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Essentially. They're not always the final poses, but they're the final designs.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [BxG] [BxB] [Sci-Fi] [RPG] Bliss Stage LIYW - NEW! Demo

#22 Post by Victoria Jennings »

omigosh, demo! 0:

If I'm still awake, I'll be sure to try it out!

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Douglas Adams wrote:I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sounds they make as they pass by.
Sorry about the delay. It should be up by 3 AM.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand BS.com just went belly-up. In the meantime, go here for the demo.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#25 Post by Starshine »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand BS.com just went belly-up. In the meantime, go here for the demo.

Rant about MediaFire, (I always have major problems downloading from that website, it's the best fileshare website to use though):
I had alot of trouble downloading the file from MediaFile. I think it's becuse everyone uses MediaFire, everyone used to use Megaupload but thats gone now and MediaFire is the best share website known on the whole internet, the rest are all just awful.
Well i have played the demo and it was a nice little story, i think that:
It was amazing how all the characters images fit into the story, the game gave of a army-like vibe. I also loved the animations. The only problem was i couldn't defeat the vulture drone, sorry i didn't understand how to use the battle system. (I think it was just me, i had no idea what i was doing, I think you had to basically energise the weapons.)
And am wondering:
Did you create the backround music all by yourself? one of the main songs sound like a guitar. (No offense but on you're photograph, on the linked website you look like a guy who can actually play musical instruments.)
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Unspoiling everything in this. There really isn't enough of the demo to spoil the story proper.
Starshine wrote: Rant about MediaFire, (I always have major problems downloading from that website, it's the best fileshare website to use though):
I had alot of trouble downloading the file from MediaFile. I think it's becuse everyone uses MediaFire, everyone used to use Megaupload but thats gone now and MediaFire is the best share website known on the whole internet, the rest are all just awful.
Yeah, it's the worst option other than everything else.
Well i have played the demo and it was a nice little story, i think that:

It was amazing how all the characters images fit into the story, the game gave of a army-like vibe. I also loved the animations. The only problem was i couldn't defeat the vulture drone, sorry i didn't understand how to use the battle system. (I think it was just me, i had no idea what i was doing, I think you had to basically energise the weapons.
Overhauling the tutorial is the first thing we're going to do when we update the demo. It's not as clear as it could be to people who haven't played the tabletop game.

The second thing is including content up to the end of the mission and downtime you're briefed on before the current demo ends.
And am wondering:
Did you create the backround music all by yourself? one of the main songs sound like a guitar. (No offense but on you're photograph, on the linked website you look like a guy who can actually play musical instruments.)
That's Casey, our lead programmer. I didn't write or perform the music; that's Jasper Worsely and Ryan Tabas.

Graph
Veteran
Completed: Touhou Mecha Chap. 1
Projects: Touhou Mecha, Eastern Starlight Romance
Organization: Dai-Sukima Dan

#27 Post by Graph »

Starshine wrote:The only problem was i couldn't defeat the vulture drone, sorry i didn't understand how to use the battle system. (I think it was just me, i had no idea what i was doing, I think you had to basically energise the weapons.)
Did you energize "Attack Vulture Drone"? Along with Cockpit, Chassis and your weapon, that makes 4 systems. (That's what I got stuck on for a bit)

It's a pretty interesting story so far. Love the very natural-sounding dialogue and characterization from everyone. Pretty rough visuals still, but everyone's unique design shows through and I think it's got potential.

There's a few points where I'm suddenly made aware of an event that happened supposedly not too long ago. For example, Joshua knowing peoples' names before meeting them (I assume Meredith filled him in) and Derek threatening Joshua. The latter one at least seems like an important event that could've been shown. I wasn't really confused since Joshua explains the relevance, but does anyone else think it makes the storytelling seem a little jumpy?

Other things:

I think one of the battle messages went like "The enemy is aiming at your cockpit and chasis[sic]".

"It still makes me feel..."
I think Sara should say this instead of Joshua?

Anna's Chinese: "Zaijian" works. Though if you wanted to say "good night" specifically you could try "Wan an". I only know really beginner level stuff though, don't consult me as if I'm fluent.

Later on I looked through this topic and saw that Mulan is another character. I thought Anna got a stereotypical name and it stuck! (It came up alongside Fresh Prince and cracka...)

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Graph wrote:Did you energize "Attack Vulture Drone"? Along with Cockpit, Chassis and your weapon, that makes 4 systems. (That's what I got stuck on for a bit)

It's a pretty interesting story so far. Love the very natural-sounding dialogue and characterization from everyone. Pretty rough visuals still, but everyone's unique design shows through and I think it's got potential.
That throws off a lot of people; I'm rewriting the tutorial to make that, along with the consequnces of failed rolls, more clear.

And thank you. As the head writer, I'm very happy that I managed to make it naturalistic. We are working on rolling out improved versions of the sprites: that's the second iteration, and we're going for the third. We have, but need to clean up, other expressions for the main characters.
Graph wrote:There's a few points where I'm suddenly made aware of an event that happened supposedly not too long ago. For example, Joshua knowing peoples' names before meeting them (I assume Meredith filled him in) and Derek threatening Joshua. The latter one at least seems like an important event that could've been shown. I wasn't really confused since Joshua explains the relevance, but does anyone else think it makes the storytelling seem a little jumpy?
The first part is a scene that I thought had been added, but wasn't. It has since been added to our work-in-progress and we'll probably roll that out ASAP.

The second complaint is the result of a serious bug where the lines that should result from meeting Keenan happen when you meet Derek, and vice versa.
Graph wrote:Other things:

I think one of the battle messages went like "The enemy is aiming at your cockpit and chasis[sic]".

"It still makes me feel..."
I think Sara should say this instead of Joshua?

Anna's Chinese: "Zaijian" works. Though if you wanted to say "good night" specifically you could try "Wan an". I only know really beginner level stuff though, don't consult me as if I'm fluent.
Thank you. And yes, we need to fix those attribution tags. I noticed some on other paths as well.

Ben Lehman, who is fluent, and others are helping us with the Mandarin. I was told that "Zaijian" was particularly stuffy; I will do some research and confirm this.
Later on I looked through this topic and saw that Mulan is another character. I thought Anna got a stereotypical name and it stuck! (It came up alongside Fresh Prince and cracka...)
Yes, Mulan Porter was one of Anna's lieutenants. She comes up a lot in the Anna Lin and Gabriel storylines.

Starshine
Veteran

#29 Post by Starshine »

Graph wrote:
Starshine wrote:The only problem was i couldn't defeat the vulture drone, sorry i didn't understand how to use the battle system. (I think it was just me, i had no idea what i was doing, I think you had to basically energise the weapons.)
Did you energize "Attack Vulture Drone"? Along with Cockpit, Chassis and your weapon, that makes 4 systems. (That's what I got stuck on for a bit)

Energise 4 Systems? No wonder I couldn't pass that part, i think i was only clicking three of the power-up buttons. Although i still have the demo on my desktop, so i'll try out what you have told me.
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Starshine
Veteran

#30 Post by Starshine »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:Voice acting session next week! I'll be putting up voice clips when it happens.
I can't wait to hear what the characters sound like, like I always say in visual games voices really bring out the characters. Although most people I know don't like voice acting in visual novels, they'd rather read the script themselves :(
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!