Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

Re: Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

#46 Post by ShadowBerry »

silenteve wrote:
Haha, you'll be very unhappy to know that I've been procrastinating >.<
I've got a lot of HW on my hands, and I'm trying to overcome my writer's block for this game by doing the NaNoReNo event. But I'll be back on track come April (hopefully :p)
Everything isn't completely lost though. As you can see, I've found some music....
But the script is still highly underdeveloped.

After I'm a little over halfway done, I'll release a demo hopefully. So you guys can try that out and enjoy...

I totally understand what you mean xD
*has it with her first character*

You can do it, dont give up <3
Own project:

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#47 Post by clua »

Hey this is interesting I would like to see this in a VN!
I like games where I can choose more than one MC(Maybe this is not the greatest example but I liked Star Ocean 2 a lot...What I found interesting was that I could only get some characters depending of which MC I choose before(I played with both and wasted my precious teen hours on that game)
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Alwerien
Regular

#48 Post by Alwerien »

clua wrote:Hey this is interesting I would like to see this in a VN!
I like games where I can choose more than one MC(Maybe this is not the greatest example but I liked Star Ocean 2 a lot...What I found interesting was that I could only get some characters depending of which MC I choose before(I played with both and wasted my precious teen hours on that game)

That got me thinking..It would be cool if there was a secret bonus character to end up with - one for each \o/ I just love secret endings..like when I played UtaPri........I just couldn't say no to the Cecil route...... XD It was second I went for actually (while barely understanding some words from the story haha) and quite enjoyable~ Though it's not really something 100% needed. XD. I wonder if when you select one heroine you can talk to the other as a friend? I think they were mentioned to be friends after all.
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#49 Post by silenteve »

Alwerien wrote:

That got me thinking..It would be cool if there was a secret bonus character to end up with - one for each \o/ I just love secret endings..like when I played UtaPri........I just couldn't say no to the Cecil route...... XD It was second I went for actually (while barely understanding some words from the story haha) and quite enjoyable~ Though it's not really something 100% needed. XD. I wonder if when you select one heroine you can talk to the other as a friend? I think they were mentioned to be friends after all.
It's funny that you said that because I originally planned for a secret character for my characters to end up with.
But I chopped that idea, because I thought it was too cumbersome and I didn't know how to fit that character into each other their personal stories.
Maybe I'll make a version 1 first without the secret route and then add him in later as a patch...
Well, all in speculation.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Ziassan
Veteran

#50 Post by Ziassan »

I see you are using free music, did you even ask for a composer in the recruitement forum like you did for your NaNoReNo project ?

I could make you some musics depending on the deadlines, the complexity (piano tracks are really fast to me, for instance) and the number.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#51 Post by silenteve »

No I didn't ask, but that's because I'm not too far into production yet and didn't want to rush it. The music was just a browsing thing I did on different websites on a boring day. (And I didn't feel like working that day.)
Right now, I need to get half the script done so that I can know that I'm actually going to finish (Because if I'm halfway done, I'm most likely gonna stick with it.)
So when I'm halfway, I'll talk to you again to make something for me (It's better to have something more personalized anyways). I'll do my best to make this project work!
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Ziassan
Veteran

#52 Post by Ziassan »

Oh, I saw you seeking for free music so I got the wrong idea that you was at this step. Good luck anyway.

ffs_jay
Regular
Completed: HellBounders - Act 0
Projects: HellBounders series

#53 Post by ffs_jay »

I'm really looking forward to this. I love the premise, it's an interesting twist on things, and those character designs are gorgeous, they have a real charm to them. Great stuff!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#54 Post by clua »

Alwerien wrote:

Ah! Thant would be awesome..also It would be an excuse to play with both! XD
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

silenteve
Veteran

#55 Post by silenteve »

Well, it's like this: In Kohaku's story, if you choose to play as her, then the story is that you moved away when you were young and you recently returned to the neighborhood. Sachiko would've never moved away (kinda like an alternate reality :p) (Which means her personality differs a bit)

In Sachiko's, same thing. You moved away, and came back. Kohaku is still in the neighborhood (her personality is basically the same, since she never faced any trauma) so they would get to talk to one another.

I should probably add some rivals or side characters :p there is one teacher so far, and perhaps a nurse (lady probably, because there's already too many male characters in here xD ) nothing completely concrete yet.

silenteve
Veteran

#56 Post by silenteve »

I've been busy with NaNo (which my team and I are not gonna be finished with anytime soon so I guess it's not exactly a NaNo project anymore :p) so I haven't been working on F&R lately. But I suppose I could drop a little something off here:

Code: Select all

:: Forgotten and Remembered, Basic Plot [plot]
Begin with your choice of character:

[[Kohaku]] or [[Sachiko]]

For more, there's a [[List of Characters]].

:: List of Characters [list of characters]
Playable:

Kohaku Ito

Sachiko Saionji

Obtainable:

Kaito Seirizawa

Toya Seirizawa

Sanosuke Enojima

Eiji Takagi

Izumi Nagai

Rivals:

Rika

Akane

Mio

Fuko

Side Characters:

Takaya Abe (Teacher)(m)

Haruto Fukushima (Doctor)(m)

Ran Hamada (Student Teacher)(f)

Yuya Kitade (Kaito's friend)(m)

Chiaki Sato (Sanosuke's friend)(m)

Kumiko Oonishi (Kaito's friend)(f)

Sadaka Goto (Sanosuke's friend)(f)

Tatsuya Ono (Kaito's friend)

Shiemi Takagi (Eiji's sister)(f)

Yui Enojima (Sanosuke's little sister/Izumi's friend)(f)

Shou Enojima (Sanosuke's younger brother)(m)

Manabu Enojima (Sanosuke's father)(m)

Mai Enojima (Sanosuke's mother)(f)

Masao Seirizawa (Kaito/Toya's Father)(m)

Akemi Nagai (Izumi's grandmother)(f)

Ichi (A dog)

:: Sachiko [sachiko prologue]
You play as Sachiko. For the first few weeks (the prologue), you'll be interacting with other boys, and also getting to know your inner character and conflict better. More and more will be revealed about your past as time goes by and basically, the boy that you end up spending the most time with will most likely be the route that you end up with. For Sachiko's routes, it'll start out with her being infatuated with the boy and her struggles to gain some self-confidence (with the help of Kohaku and various characters) to overcome her shortcomings to be happy.

Now to [[Sachiko: Routes and Endings]]

:: Sachiko: Routes and Endings [routes and endings sachiko]
There are a total of five boys to obtain, five separate routes. There will be a good and bad end for all. The game will be over the course of a month or so, with that time for Sachiko to gain some confidence and get the boy to fall in love with her. She will have to overcome more obstacles than Kohaku, and undergo changes within herself. 

All together:

5 good ends, 5 bad ends for each boy

A prologue to reveal the back story on Sachiko.

:: Kohaku [kohaku prologue]
You play as Kohaku: For the first week or two, you will get to know each of the boys in a thin sort of way, where there will be chances for you to get to know each other at basic levels. Near the end of the week or so, you'll have a chance, depending on your choices in the prologue, to obtain some crucial information about a certain boy. Right after, you will end up splitting off into the appropriate routes, in which your main interaction will be with the boy you've ended up with. In a way, in Kohaku's routes, it'll be like a detective sort of story; She must figure out the boy's complexities to win them over.

Now to [[Kohaku: Routes and Endings]]

:: Kohaku: Routes and Endings [kohaku routes and endings]
There are a total of five boys to obtain with each boy having a good and bad end. There may be a true end for each of them, so long as I can make the end plausible and worth the trouble to obtain it. Which means for Kohaku, there will be a total of 10 endings, with the possiblity of five extras attached to the five good endings. The routes will be on the course of at least a month, with two months being the limit. Meaning that you'll have one-two weeks to get onto a route, and about a month or so to win the boy's love. CG at the moment, is under considerable thought so there's no concrete amount I can put out at the moment. If I can make it my way, I'd like it to be at least 5 for each boy.

All in all (This is definite data):

10 endings = 5 good ends, 5 bad ends

A week long prologue, at least.
That's the plan. :) Hopefully it'll pan out. In the mean time, this project is on a semi-hiatus. I'll be working on it in my free time while I'm working on Hidden in Spring (the failed NaNo project). I'll be getting a tablet soon so I'll be updating the sprites sometime soon.
Just wanted to post so people won't think I've died. (Or that this project has died.)

I'm planning this out using Twine so if it looks weird, that's why :p

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#57 Post by distorsion »

I NEED THIS GAME! *wants so hard it hurts*
I like Kai best, delinquents are one of my favorite types (especially if they're tsundere or 'sheep in wolf's clothing'). ^_^
Btw, you mentioned you'd started making an energetic boy (my other favorite type) but he got scrapped because you couldn't really get into his character, and you said that you like angsty guys. Have you tried making him a secret angst? Possibly a terrible secret or a tragic past which still haunts him?
On the subject of hair...
Really? Kai's is blue? I'd thought it'd be orange. Well, electric blue would probably suit him, imo (might look quite pleasant, actually). Also, I would like to second the motion that Sachiko's hair be dark purple, and if you're still trying to choose between brown and green for Kohaku, I vote bright green.
Have you decided on eye color yet?
Oh, hey! Since I'm talking about character designs anyway,
I think Kai would look reeeeeally good with a bandage on one of his cheeks.
Also, Kohaku's design is very cute. ^v^
Hope you don't mind getting all these suggestions, sorry if they're annoying.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

silenteve
Veteran

#58 Post by silenteve »

distorsion wrote:I NEED THIS GAME! *wants so hard it hurts*
I like Kai best, delinquents are one of my favorite types (especially if they're tsundere or 'sheep in wolf's clothing'). ^_^
Btw, you mentioned you'd started making an energetic boy (my other favorite type) but he got scrapped because you couldn't really get into his character, and you said that you like angsty guys. Have you tried making him a secret angst? Possibly a terrible secret or a tragic past which still haunts him?

Don't worry, this game will happen; I'm not giving up on this. There's just too much work put into it already. I may go on breaks but I won't stop.
The other cheerful character was scrapped because I couldn't make him work in the scheme of Kohaku's story. I think I might put him in but it might be the last (or first!) person you suspect. I may make him a character you can obtain on the side, or an unlockable after you complete all other routes. It's all in speculation.

I really want to make this game almost completely with my own hands. I'm very controlling about this project so I'm thinking of doing the art myself (I'm okay, and if I can't manage, I will go and get a real artist to do it). GUI could be made by someone else and the coding will be practice for me.

distortion wrote:On the subject of hair...
Really? Kai's is blue? I'd thought it'd be orange. Well, electric blue would probably suit him, imo (might look quite pleasant, actually). Also, I would like to second the motion that Sachiko's hair be dark purple, and if you're still trying to choose between brown and green for Kohaku, I vote bright green.
Have you decided on eye color yet?
Oh, hey! Since I'm talking about character designs anyway,
I think Kai would look reeeeeally good with a bandage on one of his cheeks.
Also, Kohaku's design is very cute. ^v^
Hope you don't mind getting all these suggestions, sorry if they're annoying.
I didn't want to go with stereotypical colors. I mean, the angry guy's always red or orange, the nice one is blonde (OK, I guess Eiji does fit that stereotype) and so on and so on. I wanted his hair color to suit both his brother and him, so I went with blue. I think Kai will have a more electric blue and Toya will have a darker, more muted shade of blue. But just saying right now, their character designs are not finalized. Kai's hair will definitely be different, as well as Eiji's and Izumi's. I think I'm fine with the way Toya and Sanosuke look, but I may change it later.
I think Sachiko would look good with purple hair ^^ As for Kohaku, I'll have to play around with the colors for her hair first. I'm still on the fence about her.

Yes, a bandage would look nice on him. I'm thinking of putting them on his fingers or fists :)
No thoughts on eye color yet so go ahead and throw those at me if you want ^^
You're not annoying :) It helps when people make suggestions. It might open some wellspring of inspiration in me ^^

I finished the basic character designs of the rivals. I'll put them up when I figure out how to get the scanner working :p
I need to practice drawing older people now. Like, middle aged people, thirties, upper twenties, grandmas etc. If anyone has tips on that, I'd love to hear them. (Every older person I draw looks like a pretty teenager -_-)

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#59 Post by ShadowBerry »

ahhhh so We're getting new progress the next weeks?
Nano is over
yaaay <3
Own project:

♥BlackRainbow08♥
Projects: 'Love High'
Organization: Registered Member

#60 Post by ♥BlackRainbow08♥ »

Wah!!! I'm soexitedfor this game to be release..!!
GOOD LUCK with it!!