Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Re: Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

#31 Post by silenteve »

http://advanced.aviary.com/artists/Koha ... eations/fr

I just wanted your opinion. I don't have any fancy musical machines (AND! I'm broke) so this is what I'm left to resort to -_-
I was messing around with the program and this is what I came up with.
This may end up being Sachiko's theme...
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Princess Akina
Regular

#32 Post by Princess Akina »

Hmm...If I listened to the right song, I think that Kohaku's music should be more...uhm, energetic I guess? That sounds a bit too solemn and serious for Kohaku's personality, in my opinion. I think it would be good if you used it for Sachiko's theme, but I think..maybe a bit more light-hearted? I don't know if you can understand what I mean, but...meh @_@
I've never used whatever this is (Aviary or something. I never even heard of it, to be honest) but I guess you can't really make a diverse variety of music? I don't know. You did say it was your last resort.
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#33 Post by silenteve »

Princess Akina wrote:Hmm...If I listened to the right song, I think that Kohaku's music should be more...uhm, energetic I guess? That sounds a bit too solemn and serious for Kohaku's personality, in my opinion. I think it would be good if you used it for Sachiko's theme, but I think..maybe a bit more light-hearted? I don't know if you can understand what I mean, but...meh @_@
I've never used whatever this is (Aviary or something. I never even heard of it, to be honest) but I guess you can't really make a diverse variety of music? I don't know. You did say it was your last resort.
Yeah, I'm going for more cheery music for Kohaku. I'm gonna have to play around with Aviary for awhile until I get the right kind of composition.
It's a free music creator and whatnot. I can't play instruments and I'm making a game using as many free resources as I can, because I can't really pay for anything (I hate being poor T-T) plus, this game will probably be a free game anyways. It's a hobby and I just want to see someone enjoying what I'm making. That's the real profit.

So unless someone volunteers and makes theme music for me, Aviary it will be.
I'm gonna tweak the music for Sachiko then. Yeah, I can see it's too depressing for her -_- The music sounds like it's for a fantasy themed game anyways, with elves and goblins and that sort...
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

silenteve
Veteran

#34 Post by silenteve »

http://www.freesound.org/people/Bruno_ph/sounds/109407/
Maybe for Sachiko or Kohaku, or maybe just an overall theme for the game...

http://www.freesound.org/people/Connum/sounds/12691/
Sachiko, probably

http://www.freesound.org/people/juskidd ... ds/134747/
Nighttime music

...still working on it

Princess Akina
Regular

#35 Post by Princess Akina »

silenteve wrote:http://www.freesound.org/people/Bruno_ph/sounds/109407/
Maybe for Sachiko or Kohaku, or maybe just an overall theme for the game...

http://www.freesound.org/people/Connum/sounds/12691/
Sachiko, probably

http://www.freesound.org/people/juskidd ... ds/134747/
Nighttime music

...still working on it
I really like the first one o.o It think it suits the overall theme for the game more than it suits the two characters, but I won't mind if it is used for any of the other character's themes.

I really, really love Sachiko's theme. I...love...it @.@ I don't know why. It suits her perfectly. I think the song is beautiful.

I like the nighttime music too. Didn't expect it to be so...jingly. Well, it other games, it isn't that happy-sounding. But really, I like it too ^^
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Michuboom

#36 Post by Michuboom »

Oh, man... I'm actually really looking forward to this!
(I like Kaito alot already. Jerky guys.. ehehe.) But, I'll be watching your progress!

silenteve
Veteran

#37 Post by silenteve »

Michuboom wrote:Oh, man... I'm actually really looking forward to this!
(I like Kaito alot already. Jerky guys.. ehehe.) But, I'll be watching your progress!
LOL I love him too. His story line makes him look like a total idiot :D And I love it. Look forward to it!

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#38 Post by KissOfDeath »

This sounds like it's gonna be a reeeeeeeeeeallllllllly good one! Can't wait til either a demo, or the real game comes out! And, hey, if you ever need a beta-tester, I'm game lol

-KissOfDeath
() ()
(=^.^=) <-BUNNY!

Alwerien
Regular

#39 Post by Alwerien »

Aww the character sketches and their characteristics seem really interesting! Love Sachiko~
Somehow I wish Sachiko ended up with dark purple hair haha.......so much I went ahead and colored it and then facepalmed and closed the program XD. Sorry~
Kohaku also makes a really cute tomboy ^^

Good luck with this project! ^_^
I would almost offer to help..but I don't really have experience with doing art for VNs even if I do (totally unrelated) art stuff ;A;

silenteve
Veteran

#40 Post by silenteve »

Alwerien wrote:Aww the character sketches and their characteristics seem really interesting! Love Sachiko~
Somehow I wish Sachiko ended up with dark purple hair haha.......so much I went ahead and colored it and then facepalmed and closed the program XD. Sorry~

I would almost offer to help..but I don't really have experience with doing art for VNs even if I do (totally unrelated) art stuff ;A;
LOL, that's great. I haven't actually chosen the colors for their appearance or anything yet so there's a chance I might go with deep purple for Sachiko :)
However, I can tell you that Sanosuke's hair is red, Toya and Kai's is blue, Eiji's will be blonde, and Kohaku's will either be brown or green.
Well, I'm not going to look for artists until I'm at least done with a few of Kohaku's routes. But when I do need artists, I'll drop a thread in the recruitment forum so feel free to apply and whatnot. Or don't apply at all, since I'm totally not trying to pressure you to work for me for free XD

Alwerien
Regular

#41 Post by Alwerien »

silenteve wrote:
Alwerien wrote:Aww the character sketches and their characteristics seem really interesting! Love Sachiko~

LOL, that's great. I haven't actually chosen the colors for their appearance or anything yet so there's a chance I might go with deep purple for Sachiko :)
However, I can tell you that Sanosuke's hair is red, Toya and Kai's is blue, Eiji's will be blonde, and Kohaku's will either be brown or green.
Well, I'm not going to look for artists until I'm at least done with a few of Kohaku's routes. But when I do need artists, I'll drop a thread in the recruitment forum so feel free to apply and whatnot. Or don't apply at all, since I'm totally not trying to pressure you to work for me for free XD

Oooh purple purple~~ Can you tell I love that color? XD
Aw, I like the guys' hair color choices, they seem to fit - well I guess that always depends on the actual color tone~ Awww I was actually sort of imagining that Kohaku's hair would look nice in some sort of lighter auburn/brown color.....with a green hairpin that totally isn't there cough unless she ever tries to become more girly or gets it as a gift? XD. D-don't get mad at me for doing this evil 1min thing- ...
Well I don't know how long I will keep around checking since school is gonna start getting busier but I guess in the next month you would be busy with NaNo anyways, right? :) And working for free is not a problem~ It only becomes frustrating when doing something for free while someone else gets money from it. And of course for the people that make living off being an artist :) I think I will definitely at least make a fanart when this gets to demo/release~!

....Oh god, it's 2 am? D:

silenteve
Veteran

#42 Post by silenteve »

Alwerien wrote:
silenteve wrote:

Oooh purple purple~~ Can you tell I love that color? XD
Aw, I like the guys' hair color choices, they seem to fit - well I guess that always depends on the actual color tone~ Awww I was actually sort of imagining that Kohaku's hair would look nice in some sort of lighter auburn/brown color.....with a green hairpin that totally isn't there cough unless she ever tries to become more girly or gets it as a gift? XD. D-don't get mad at me for doing this evil 1min thing- ...
Well I don't know how long I will keep around checking since school is gonna start getting busier but I guess in the next month you would be busy with NaNo anyways, right? :) And working for free is not a problem~ It only becomes frustrating when doing something for free while someone else gets money from it. And of course for the people that make living off being an artist :) I think I will definitely at least make a fanart when this gets to demo/release~!

I'm starting to like it. Purpleeeeee.....
Yep, a light brown would work for Kohaku. Haha, she's the only one with a normal hair color 0-0 and maybe Eiji's too but he's Asian so it's just about genetically impossible for him to have blonde hair...
It's a free game so no one gets money :D (Hooray for super poor me!)
I LOVE FANART! I will do my best to make this game completely awesome!

Dunno if I should make a demo. If I do, it's going to be pretty long... -_-

Alwerien
Regular

#43 Post by Alwerien »

silenteve wrote:
Alwerien wrote:Oooh purple purple~~ Can you tell I love that color? XD

I'm starting to like it. Purpleeeeee.....
Yep, a light brown would work for Kohaku. Haha, she's the only one with a normal hair color 0-0 and maybe Eiji's too but he's Asian so it's just about genetically impossible for him to have blonde hair...
It's a free game so no one gets money :D (Hooray for super poor me!)
I LOVE FANART! I will do my best to make this game completely awesome!

Dunno if I should make a demo. If I do, it's going to be pretty long... -_-
Natural hair colors are actually quite well perceived and popular nowadays so you might rethink some of the boys' colors - though it's entirely up to you. It mostly depends on the story/character setting so it wouldn't stand out much I suppose. Also Sano's red hair color doesn't have to be necessarily too unnatural I think - red can be a pretty normal color.
^^ ........more I think and talk about things like these, more I'm interested in helping out haha
Yay! I'm sure this game will turn out just great :)

Hmm, I think demos are always good. It also brings more attention to your work (so in the end more people will play it~) and you can get much more input on it! I don't think long demo is necessarily bad, though you might want to not tire players out right from the beginning with too much information. Of course I can't really see what are you writing~ But generally giving some sort of intro to both protagonists and some sort of tease/introduction of most/all dateable characters and maybe one neutral CG could be good for the demo.
Hmm... Even if you cut the demo just for the first day, would it be too long? Though considering I remember reading you are still at Day 1 for Kohaku with so much text.. XD But either way this seems like a pretty big project that is going to take a while.. And it would be great if a lot of people knew about it, right? :)

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#44 Post by ShadowBerry »

Mhhhh
The music is cute even thyough the nighttime music doesnt fit in my eyes Oo
Still good job silent <3
Own project:

silenteve
Veteran

#45 Post by silenteve »

ShadowBerry wrote:Mhhhh
The music is cute even thyough the nighttime music doesnt fit in my eyes Oo
Still good job silent <3
I know. T-T I'll find some better music for the nighttime.

Haha, you'll be very unhappy to know that I've been procrastinating >.<
I've got a lot of HW on my hands, and I'm trying to overcome my writer's block for this game by doing the NaNoReNo event. But I'll be back on track come April (hopefully :p)
Everything isn't completely lost though. As you can see, I've found some music....
But the script is still highly underdeveloped.

After I'm a little over halfway done, I'll release a demo hopefully. So you guys can try that out and enjoy...