Yuki Neko [BxG] [Comedy-Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

Yuki Neko [BxG] [Comedy-Romance]

#1 Post by Joshua1207 »

this just isn't happening.
Last edited by Joshua1207 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Yuki Neko [BxG] [Comedy-Romance]

#2 Post by LVUER »

Chii as a male name? Sounds a bit strange to me (not to mention it's the same name for a certain character in Chobits).

15+? Is there going to be any ecchi scene, hehehe...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Joshua1207
Regular

#3 Post by Joshua1207 »

LVUER wrote:Chii as a male name? Sounds a bit strange to me (not to mention it's the same name for a certain character in Chobits).

15+? Is there going to be any ecchi scene, hehehe...
No, I'm almost positive Chi is a females name. But like I said it is a comedy :P I was going to have one of the characters mention that to Chi actually, that it is a females name lol. And I do enjoy Chobits :D

Probably no ecchi images but sexual jokes yeah. Maybe 15+ might of been too high of an age, but I just wanted to warn people of that there is frequent swearing at times and whatnot.
Last edited by Joshua1207 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My newest hits^

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#4 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm definitely interested in this! I'm probably going to like Mai the most, but Mimel is interesting too... Good luck! I hope to be able to play this. ^_^
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Asterisk
Regular

#5 Post by Asterisk »

Chii is the sound Chii makes in Chobits so its unique to her... I don't believe Chii is really a normal name ... maybe Chi (with a kanji for it)? Anyway if Karol is his brother, Chii just sounds really off like the parents were in a weird naming spree. Were you going for a Japanese name with Chii? Cause Karol is not a Japanese name. Thats the one thing that bothers me. IMO I would change the MCs name to another fem sounding one.

Other than that keep up the good work!
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

Joshua1207
Regular

#6 Post by Joshua1207 »

Asterisk wrote:Chii is the sound Chii makes in Chobits so its unique to her... I don't believe Chii is really a normal name ... maybe Chi (with a kanji for it)? Anyway if Karol is his brother, Chii just sounds really off like the parents were in a weird naming spree. Were you going for a Japanese name with Chii? Cause Karol is not a Japanese name. Thats the one thing that bothers me. IMO I would change the MCs name to another fem sounding one.

Other than that keep up the good work!
I guess I could take one i off his name then? I've seen it before in other Japanese culture. There is a manga called "Chi's sweet home" so its definitely name, I just added the extra i. I suppose I could take it off. Oh and Chii's parents are assholes so that may explain it too :lol:
Also, I've heard Karol as a name in a JRPG before, but that doesn't matter much. While not directly said, they do have an American father, or at least it is implied by his name. Whether I ever go into depth about that in the novel, I don't know.

Anyways, to those who have downloaded what little I have up so far any thing you particularly like or dislike? I updated the link with his name fixed with just one i by the way :P There may be a couple spots where it has two i's since I did it fast.
My newest hits^

Asterisk
Regular

#7 Post by Asterisk »

Joshua1207 wrote: I guess I could take one i off his name then? I've seen it before in other Japanese culture. There is a manga called "Chi's sweet home" so its definitely name, I just added the extra i. I suppose I could take it off. Oh and Chii's parents are assholes so that may explain it too :lol:
Also, I've heard Karol as a name in a JRPG before, but that doesn't matter much. While not directly said, they do have an American father, or at least it is implied by his name. Whether I ever go into depth about that in the novel, I don't know.
Then again Chi was the name of a kitten in Chi's Sweet Home. It's written as チー so it's like Chii for even Chi in Chi's Sweet Home (チーズ= Chii's)スイートホーム. You just type and say it as Chi I guess. What I'm saying is that it's not like a normal person's name? If Chii's parents are A-holes then that's understandable, they just want to screw around by giving him a weird name then?

Karol is in Tales of Vesperia and that has nothing to do with it being in a JRPG - Karol's not from Japanese nationality. What I'm saying is that within family, Chii and Karol doesn't really make sense. Now if they have an American father then that's A-OK, I would have no problems with such names. If they were full Japanese, then it may be weird. This is just my opinion though.

Joshua1207
Regular

#8 Post by Joshua1207 »

Asterisk wrote: Then again Chi was the name of a kitten in Chi's Sweet Home. It's written as チー so it's like Chii for even Chi in Chi's Sweet Home (チーズ= Chii's)スイートホーム. You just type and say it as Chi I guess. What I'm saying is that it's not like a normal person's name? If Chii's parents are A-holes then that's understandable, they just want to screw around by giving him a weird name then?

Karol is in Tales of Vesperia and that has nothing to do with it being in a JRPG - Karol's not from Japanese nationality. What I'm saying is that within family, Chii and Karol doesn't really make sense. Now if they have an American father then that's A-OK, I would have no problems with such names. If they were full Japanese, then it may be weird. This is just my opinion though.
Oh yeah, I'm sure its not a normal persons name. But Chi's parent's are assholes, if you play the small demo I have up in the original post you'd know that :P Its also a comedy too so it fits. I also said I'd be including references to anime and the like so I'm sure someone will get a good laugh when a character mentions why Chi shares a name with a robot/kitten.
But yeah, their father is American and their mother is Japanese. At least its implied.

Sorry if any of that sounded rude, just trying to explain it lol
My newest hits^

Asterisk
Regular

#9 Post by Asterisk »

Joshua1207 wrote: Oh yeah, I'm sure its not a normal persons name. But Chi's parent's are assholes, if you play the small demo I have up in the original post you'd know that :P Its also a comedy too so it fits. I also said I'd be including references to anime and the like so I'm sure someone will get a good laugh when a character mentions why Chi shares a name with a robot/kitten.
But yeah, their father is American and their mother is Japanese. At least its implied.

Sorry if any of that sounded rude, just trying to explain it lol
Nah you dont' sound rude, I was prolly rude lol That's on me since I didn't download the demo yet and I tried to give suggestions. I'll download it and give you more of a proper review after I've played it. I'm just working right now so I can't download it.

Joshua1207
Regular

#10 Post by Joshua1207 »

Haha its fine. I'll be looking forward to your review. It ends abruptly since whats there is what I have written so far. Mostly just want to know if what I have so far is any good since it is my first time writing a VN. Also, if there is any particular music you enjoy that'd be nice to know, since almost all of it is just there as placeholder music (and the ones that aren't need to be looped properly), but if anything sounds good then I'll know to keep it.
My newest hits^