Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG) [Event-based]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

Re: Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG) [Event-based]

#16 Post by 9:19 »

Keith and Levi will have me break every taboo to do with posting in WIP, so Eric is going to take one for the team.

I have to agree with Rin about him. For lack of better words, he's too chill. I think it has to do with his speech pattern. I'm not observant by any means, but I made a list of things I have noticed about the way stoic leaders I know talk, and adapted it to match how Valory, a circus newbie, might respond; I hope it'll make good brain fodder for ya.(〃・・〃)

RAMBLE:

Stoic people I know are very blunt but eloquent when they speak. They tend to do away with vanilla when conveying ideas, and as a result of omitting what they think are dead obvious explanations, they come off as uncaring, even scary. Weirdly enough, that becomes charismatic, and any room they enter will instantly sound like a morgue. Conversing with them one-on-one is actually harder, because it puts you on the spot and makes it more difficult to diffuse tension, at least in my experience. Then there's the socially awkward reaction you get when you touch on a topic they're invested in, where you play audience to a passionate monologue (I can totally see that happen with Eric and visual kei. XD).

From your description of him, I get the feeling that he's respected but hard to approach because he fails at small talk (and I mean that in the most affectionate way possible). I was actually expecting Valory to pull a "good evening, sir" (never mind the real time) or a U-turn. XD

I was also expecting Eric to correct her with a completely tactless, "Eric." That gives him room to aha! and clumsily elaborate after the fact; it also sets up [End] (+3) by hinting to Valory that Eric is just a serious guy who needs verbal diarrhea on his side. It sounds to me like the mini event takes place early on in the game, which makes it the ideal time to work that boss-like-a-baus image, before you go and shoot it dead.(@´_`@)

Pretty, pretty Keith I need to leave. Now.

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#17 Post by Tag- »

Whoa, just realised how long it's been since we've actually replied. Apologies for that D:
Thanks to everyone who has answered the questions and/or given feedback. We really appreciate it~~ :D

@MelonCandy, Nay
Thanks for the support! These are sketches so hopefully final art will be a lot nicer since I've improved since then xD (at least, I certainly hope I have improved o_o )

@9:19
LololpoorEric

And yes, we've had a lot of people mention this, so Eric's script will be getting a strong edit. I can see the word count going WHOOSH allthewaydown. And ooooh, definitely good advice, I'll practise on applying it, thank you~ *v*
PM me if needed

BubzlyRose

#18 Post by BubzlyRose »

love the story you got can't wait to see it finish love it

Generic Timeline

#19 Post by Generic Timeline »

...everyone else has already sucked all the complementary words in my vocabulary, but rest assured, I agree 100% with any and all positive remark that has already been mentioned in this thread.

1. Who is your favourite character, and why? What are your initial thoughts towards their design and personality? Did your opinion change at all after reading the events? (This includes the main character, Valory.)

Add another point to the Levi fangirl tally. ovo He is so frrrrrrrreaking cayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuute~~

*ahem* To be honest, to me, appearances appeal much, much more than personalities (sue me), so Levi is definitely my favorite, Keith a distant second. Personality-wise, I would definitely go for Keith first, but because Levi is a white-haired pseudo-shota he's topping my bishie wishlist. xD;

I won't be pursuing Ivory's path; I would if this was a BxG game, but like Rin, I'm not much for GxG...

2. What do you think of the setting? What do you expect of it?

I'm perfectly content with the current setting...and I don't really have a set expectation of the game. I'm sorry, I'm so useless orz.

3. What do you think of the given events? Was there anything you particularly liked/disliked?

I kinda liked Eric's event and would have preferred it if it didn't undergo changes since tsundere-ish behavior tends to turn me off, but everyone who suggested you to change it up did make some really good points, so I can't really argue nor protest if Eric ends up more stoic and reserved. Everything else was great in my eyes.

4. Would you mind answering questions similar to those in the event shown every conversation? There will be approximately 30 - 40 per character (of varying lengths, with the ones given considered long), not including main events.

Not at all! It brings to mind a question, though. Will the game solely consist of "events" or will there be other sequences in the game that could result in raising the bishie's target's pursuable characters' affections? Sorry if this has been asked/answered/explained before; I didn't notice because I kinda skim-read the OP and this entire thread.

5. Would you prefer it if the main character's name is changeable or not?

Why not? There's nothing to lose.

6. Do you think their events matched the descriptions well? Was there anything you didn't expect?

*useless mode re-activate* Not really.

7. What do you think of the choices? Are they too obvious or hard to pick out?

I'd say it's just right. Levi's event was a bit on the hard side, though, considering his twisted personality. Had I not been told the answer, I would have assumed he was lying and picked paper.

Schizanthe

#20 Post by Schizanthe »

@ BubzlyRose and Generic Timeline

Thank you both very much for replying.
Generic Timeline wrote:Personality-wise, I would definitely go for Keith first, but because Levi is a white-haired pseudo-shota he's topping my bishie wishlist. xD;
Fair enough, Tag-'s improved since drawing those sketches, so who knows -- maybe the bishounen rankings will change around.
Also, Levi's hair is ashen, rather than white, but that seems to be a common misconception.
Generic Timeline wrote: I kinda liked Eric's event and would have preferred it if it didn't undergo changes since tsundere-ish behavior tends to turn me off, but everyone who suggested you to change it up did make some really good points, so I can't really argue nor protest if Eric ends up more stoic and reserved.
Tag- would like to say 'he's not a tsun, and [she] doesn't plan on making him a tsun ;__;'. She doesn't like tsunderes either, so if anything, he's more likely to end up a kuudere. xD
Generic Timeline wrote:Will the game solely consist of "events" or will there be other sequences in the game that could result in raising the bishie's target's pursuable characters' affections? Sorry if this has been asked/answered/explained before; I didn't notice because I kinda skim-read the OP and this entire thread.
Don't worry; I don't think this question has come up before. As things are going now, answering the questions in these events will be the only way to acquire points. This is our first time attempting to make a visual novel, so we wanted to start off simple. That, and programming minigames and such is beyond me. There will be the occasional storyline event as well, which will have more of a narrative spin (and CGs).
Generic Timeline wrote:Levi's event was a bit on the hard side, though, considering his twisted personality. Had I not been told the answer, I would have assumed he was lying and picked paper.
I've had two people say it was hard, and one person say it was easy. I'm not sure if I should make his choices easier or harder. xDD Seems like I've struck a balance of the polarising kind.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

ibelieveicanfall

#21 Post by ibelieveicanfall »

Only question that I really have a somewhat 'different' answer to:
Doesn't need to be changeable but I think spelling it Valerie might be easier to read. I'm (slightly) dyslexic and in the Ivory event I had difficulty keeping up with who was talking because I'd see the 'v--ory' and get really confused. Either that or change Ivory's name because they're just too similar.

Other than that, I love the game and the whole concept. And it's SO PURTY!!

Katty16
Regular

#22 Post by Katty16 »

Looks like a cute and funny game. Can't wait to play it
I love the characters and the art, and I hope the name is changeable

Alice PH
Regular

#23 Post by Alice PH »

1. Who is your favourite character, and why? What are your initial thoughts towards their design and personality? Did your opinion change at all after reading the events? (This includes the main character, Valory.)
To be honest, Levi and Keith both weight the same in my heart <3 For some reason, I think flirt has a certain kind of look cause when i see the sprite, i got a feeling he is a flirt and indeed he is xD I <3 how he is only like, showing his true side to the main only >w< Heheh. Levi seems to be the kind of mischievous guy and god he is so cute ^///^ My opinion did not really change but really, Keith's event is the cutest one I ever seen yet xDDD I was like 'omg so cute hahahahaahaha!' Throughout reading the event! So is Levi's :P So devilish. Lol Valory is thinking some weird/ Dirty xD

The setting is one of a kind, never see much game with a setting like this xD Well, I suppose that like every other game, I would love to see something that can surprise me..without scaring me like a whole place full of, scary clowns Q_Q

3. What do you think of the given events? Was there anything you particularly liked/disliked?
Well, like what i mention, I really like Keith's and Levi's ones..But I don't really want to look into other's events..Not because I dont like it, but i would rather see them in games, give me more surprise :P

4. Would you mind answering questions similar to those in the event shown every conversation? There will be approximately 30 - 40 per character (of varying lengths, with the ones given considered long), not including main events.
Hm....what? xD

Sure, it would be nice to be able to put our own name in..But then again, it's a story of it's own...But i would prefer to put my own name :D

6. Do you think their events matched the descriptions well? Was there anything you didn't expect?
Yes, I wasn't expecting Keith to be so.. easily teased xD Such a cutie.

7. What do you think of the choices? Are they too obvious or hard to pick out?
I think they are about just right :D I suppose Levi's choice would be the hard to pick because of the playing with mind thingy..I would really choose paper if there isn't the ans showing at the end xD

Btw, don't mind me but, can i ask if this game gonna take very long? Cause it look REALLY NICE and I'm gonna explode soon if well, this takes too long xP Thank you :D
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Tag- »

@ibelieveicanfall
Yeah, we were thinking of tweaking some names a bit, since 'Valerie' is a more common spelling of 'Valory' anyway xD. It wasn't something I had noticed before, so thank you for pointing it out.

@Katty16
Thank you, and I hope we don't disappoint ^^; We're still undecided for the moment, both sides seem pretty even :'D

@Alice PH
Haha, thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. It's nice to see that Keith is getting some attention too xD
Regarding question 3, not much is spoiled, trust me. All of these events are most independent of eachother, and they'll be randomised too, so you might not even get these specific ones in game xD

With question 5, what we mean is that between every storyline event, there will be mini conversations with the characters (like the ones we've posted). What we wanted to ask if you were okay with choosing a choice in every conversation (some will be shorter).

In saying that though, I'm afraid that this game will not be finished anytime soon, and it appears that we may have under estimated the stress and workload of the senior year :'D Mid year exams have just finished for us though, so we'll have some updates soon, we're so sorry for the wait OTL.
PM me if needed

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#25 Post by Reikun »

I just thought about this when I was re-browsing the thread... As far as making the name changeable, why not? I'm not sure how difficult it would be to program, but it's probably not that bad right? For people who don't want to change the name, they can just leave the default name "Valory" and whoever wants to change the name has that option. Even though names can be important to people/characters, as long as you don't plan on having her name be overly significant to the plot/jokes in the story in should be fine. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, right? ;)
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Alice PH
Regular

#26 Post by Alice PH »

@Alice PH
Haha, thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. It's nice to see that Keith is getting some attention too xD
Regarding question 3, not much is spoiled, trust me. All of these events are most independent of eachother, and they'll be randomised too, so you might not even get these specific ones in game xD

With question 5, what we mean is that between every storyline event, there will be mini conversations with the characters (like the ones we've posted). What we wanted to ask if you were okay with choosing a choice in every conversation (some will be shorter).

In saying that though, I'm afraid that this game will not be finished anytime soon, and it appears that we may have under estimated the stress and workload of the senior year :'D Mid year exams have just finished for us though, so we'll have some updates soon, we're so sorry for the wait OTL.
This means 2 things, first, i have to redo qn 4 xD! Not qn 3, since i dont actually like Valory and Eric's event >.< second, I have to wait XP Ok!

Meeeeeeh, i dont think it would be good to put it in EVERY conversation..For two reason, the game would be like, stop everytime for awhile and maybe it's like hard for u game makers...o.0~ Hang on, this is the qn right? I hope I processed it correctly in my brain xD Tell me if i say anything that is irrelevant to the qn :P
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

fallenangel198

#27 Post by fallenangel198 »

cant wait for this good luck with eveything
my deveint art account http://fallenangel198.deviantart.com/ and hii everyone

DeepObsession

#28 Post by DeepObsession »

Goshh this is so hard x3 hmmm I'm going with Eric. I like his personality the most, he seems caring and responsible. Somehow xD haha. I really like his desing too *P* A LOT haha he's so cuteee with those skulls P: and Being honest, I felt attracted to him first when I saw your post. Then somehow I got caught by Keith (I have a soft spot for childhood friends) But he seems to not be interested in Valory at first. So maybe I'm ok with picking Eric ^^. As of valory, I REALLY like her! her choices and everything she says are absolutely things that I myself would think of. Good job in that ;)
I really like your idea! I'm super excited on seeing how many people are coming out with such original ideas lately ^^ Definitely congratulations on thinking and coming up with such a fun idea -w- Just make sure you do include the circus theme well and everything. Since it would be such a pity to have it just there and not really use it. But seeing the scrip you've managed it very well ^^ so keep up the good work! :D
I think they're BRILLIANT! I'm liking it a lot so far. I think they're very smooth, and I can see you really thought about the situation + character you're talking to + MC's personality And it came out really well. Again, Good Job!! I really like how you thought of everything, seriously :D
Of course I won't mind! Actually I would feel grateful if you could hehe ^^ and wow 30-40 is just WOW O:
Hmm normally I would pick changeable, but I only like changeable when the other names are Japanese and such. In your game is just not worth it changing Valory's name since it's a REALLY pretty name, and I like the concept of giving nicknames :3 it kind of feels more realistic and it shows how close you are to eachother. But then again I wouldn't mind.
Not even! Like I said, they went really well and really smooth. You managed to put it all together really nicely ^^
**EDIT 7. What do you think of the choices? Are they too obvious or hard to pick out?
I really like them! For sure they're not obvious, since I normally would've picked any of the 3 choices haha (I think just like Valory :B) But they weren't hard. Not a tiny bit hard. I think the most difficult one was Levi's LOL haha I was feeling just as flustered as Valory. Hmm he sure knows how to play with your mind xD I loved the paper-rock-scissors it was HILARIOUS!
Any other comments/suggestions?
Well, only that you're doing REALLY well :o and your idea of the circus is just genius. I really like the character designs and their personalities. Also I love Blair's costume!! >3<

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#29 Post by WickedRaccoon »

hey tag!when will this game be released?

nottiebutt
Regular

#30 Post by nottiebutt »

Initial thoughts? I'll have to admit just from the design, Alice was my favorite, with Levi in second. After reading description I've already started shipping Nathaniel and Alice (woops, sorry Nathan.) After reading the events, I'm looking forward to wooing Ivory, though the way the event was written it seemed they were closer to sisters than potential love interests.
It's interesting, but I can't really say much until I've played it. A school setting is really common, but it could be extraordinary and interesting depending on the writer, but from what I've read it seems like a fun idea.
Not quite sure?
Yeah, I like answering questions. It makes it more immersive, even if it's something small like 'what game should we play' or 'whos side should i take'.
I don't really care, but if you kept it a static name then you could insert nicknames which are adorable.
Yeah, I'd say so!
**EDIT 7. What do you think of the choices? Are they too obvious or hard to pick out?
They're a mixed bunch, I think. With Levi's, other people have commented on the fact his twisted personality makes it a difficult choice, and while I agree, I think it makes sense for him to tell the truth, because then it's solely your fault for not trusting him, even if he was planning on you getting it wrong by ignoring his hint. I've not got much else to comment on in this way.
Any other comments/suggestions?
Oh lord, I wish you luck. You're gonna get tons of comments asking something that was stated only a few posts ago.