DSE Plus - "The Game"

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Re: DSE Plus - "The Game"

#16 Post by Nellie »

The animated logo is so cute I now wish I can somehow be a collaborator! XD

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Alex »

Well, "Дополнительно" is a correct translation for "extras", but you could discuss with Winkiller "плюшки" ("buns") or "на посошок" ("lol_hard_to_explain")...))

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#18 Post by mugenjohncel »

Progress?...

Story = 150% (This might change since the third girl is still not confirmed)
Sprites = 120% (This might change since the third girl is still not confirmed)
BG = 100%
Cutscene = 50% (This might change since the third girl is still not confirmed)
Music = 100% (Lol!... It's the same music from Kevin MacLeod so it's very much complete...)
Voice = 50% (And it's most likely to stay this way...)
Fight Engine = 10% (This might change since the third girl is still not confirmed)
Other Graphics = 10% (This might change since the third girl is still not confirmed)
GUI = 80%*

*OK this one is just a rough estimate unlike the previous where I can simply count the number of graphics needed....

Let's see... adding a third girl won't be that bad... right?...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#19 Post by Hijiri »

mugenjohncel wrote: Image

"POOF" (Disappears)
Saten, is that you?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

mugenjohncel wrote:Let's see... adding a third girl won't be that bad... right?...
"POOF" (Disappears)
It's bad... because you shouldn't add just one new girl. Add at least two or three new girls ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#21 Post by mugenjohncel »

And just because it's a loooooong weekend here with nothing to do I once again am tempted to redraw the sprites which turned out several notches better than the previous one... but rendering the 7 existing event CG's unusable... I really should release this ASAP and get it over with... :mrgreen:

To break the monotomy of having to see both girls the same way... I introduced randomly appearing head accessories. Right now I am trying to figure out how to trigger things based on your PC date so I can include several seasonal specific hats and dresses...

Adding the third girl proved to be a little bit more harder than I thought not because of the story but to properly insert her in the existing DSE engine without introducing a whole new bag of bugs...

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#22 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update... sort of...
[youtube]HXnlcWtnylE?hd=1[/youtube]

Saw this behavior in some Japanese Eroge I can't recall and I kinda liked fading background during interaction and how it made the character the focal point so I desided to immitate the said behaviour. The animated neutral sprite is a 24 frame animation of the glasses girl made possible via Adobe Photoshop puppet tool which is my pale attempt at mimicking the Motion Portrait system used in the Game White Album. Please watch in highest resolution for best viewing.... no audio....

ON ANOTHER NEWS...
Speaking of Audio... I shall do the impossible and do an OP video for DSE - The Game... and yes... I'll be the one who gets to sing it...

"POOF" (Disappears)

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#23 Post by luminarious »

mugenjohncel wrote:Update... sort of...
[youtube]HXnlcWtnylE?hd=1[/youtube]

Saw this behavior in some Japanese Eroge I can't recall and I kinda liked fading background during interaction and how it made the character the focal point so I desided to immitate the said behaviour. The animated neutral sprite is a 24 frame animation of the glasses girl made possible via Adobe Photoshop puppet tool which is my pale attempt at mimicking the Motion Portrait system used in the Game White Album. Please watch in highest resolution for best viewing.... no audio....
That background blurring is brilliant, thanks for brining it to my attention! Definitely going to use it in the future.

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#24 Post by Nuxill »

Haha, I told myself I wouldn't get excited about this... but the level of polish you've put into your newest project is amazing. I can't wait to play the finished product.

Will you ever consider posting an 'unarchived' version of the game sometime in the future like you did with "The Fucking Question"? Just curious.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#25 Post by mugenjohncel »

Nuxill wrote:Will you ever consider posting an 'unarchived' version of the game sometime in the future like you did with "The Fucking Question"? Just curious.
Of course... but it will have to be requested via PM or email and once I received your message I will send you a password protected link of the unnarchived version. There is a good reason for this... please believe me...

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#26 Post by mugenjohncel »

No! I will not remove it... that bottle of Bleach stays there no matter what!... :mrgreen:

And in the end I still ended up using the old template... sprite currently in GUI is just placeholder, I'm still gathering enough courage and mental strength and more courage to draw cute chibi characters... something I really dread...

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#27 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update!

Now that I'm almost done with the Sister side story script (which ended up somewhat 4 times larger than the actual DSE) it's time to start adding placeholder art so I can visualize better the project before committing drawing the final CG events... I start with the most difficult one to draw... the Kissing Scene... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#28 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update!
Waiting for my main computer to be delivered after a nasty hardware crash forced me to draw and draw some more till I reached a milestone and finally finished every new sprite set needed by DSE... time to make some teaser material and post it here to have a legitimate excuse to bump this thread... Lol! :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#29 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Hooray for fixed computers!
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#30 Post by mugenjohncel »

Progress update:
So far so good I have resisted the urge to revise the master sprite templates simply because I saw something good on Deviantart... Lol!... Anyway... I won't talk too much to prevent spoilers but...

Guess it's ripe enough to introduce her... and no she's not a Lucy... yet...

"POOF" (Disappears)