future aspect [Sci-Fi, School Life, Female Narrator]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cloverfirefly
Completed: The Curious Alliance

future aspect [Sci-Fi, School Life, Female Narrator]

#1 Post by cloverfirefly »

Erika Lucas is one of two psychics attending St. Thomas Academy. For as long as she can remember, she's been able to predict the next day's weather with unerring accuracy. Because of this, Erika has been forced to wear the band that marks her as a psychic since childhood.

A mysterious text message summons her into the city late at night. In a deserted park, she find something that cannot possibly exist in this world. A monster made of shadows and a girl wielding a sword fighting it...

Erika Lucas
A low level psychic with no special powers. Her hobby is studying.

David Bond
All the sports teams at school have asked him to join, but he's turned them all down. His favorite color is orange.

Chris Farmer
It's rumored he gets a love letter in his locker at least once a week and they all go straight into the garbage. The junior class president.

Haneul Sung
She currently holds the school record for worst attendance. The other school psychic.

Parker Piers
His special talent is showing up at Erika's house whenever there's food. A self-proclaimed genius.

(I'll post more characters as I finish up their sprites.)

Help Needed!!

The first draft of the game is finished and I am in bad need of feedback before I start on the second draft. Therefore, I am looking for interested parties to read through what I currently have finished and let me know what they think.

The story is pretty long at about 95,000 words, so please only inquire if you are willing to make the time commitment for a few hours of reading. Please also understand that I'm still in the process of adding in music, sound effects and visual effects. Sprite are in various stages of completion. This is a fairly rough draft at the moment!

I'm more interested in getting general feedback on the plot (what works, what doesn't) and the characters at this point than grammar and spelling errors. I don't really want to post up a "demo" since it's a rough draft of the whole thing from start to finish and I'd like some surprises in the finished version. If you are interested in reading through, please send me a PM and I'll provide a download link.

If you've read this far, thank you! :D

Screencaps

future aspect my current work
my tumblr for art and visual novel development updates

MelonCandy
Regular
Projects: The Crystal Conquest (GxB, VN)

Re: future aspect [Sci-Fi, School Life, Female Narrator]

#2 Post by MelonCandy »

Ohh your drawings are so cute! I'll be keeping an eye on this ;)

Poketto Kunoichi
Regular

#3 Post by Poketto Kunoichi »

Well, this is something I'm definitely interesting in playing! I love the artstyle; it looks cute without bordering on saccharine. I think it's the soft feel to the art that I like.

Also, I laughed at Parker Pier's description. xD

I'd be more than willing to review your game, but I probably wouldn't be of any help. ^^;

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#4 Post by Crocosquirrel »

PM me a copy of your script as an attachment, and I'll have a look when I get time.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

cloverfirefly

#5 Post by cloverfirefly »

MelonCandy: Thank you! I'm glad that you like my art. I'm aiming for a fall release so you can keep your eyes on this thread until then. :D

Poketto Kunoichi: Thank you very much. I like drawing cute things, especially girls, so I've no idea why there's so many guys in this. Some feedback is better than no feedback, so if you would like to help out (and aren't just offering to be nice), please let me know via PM. I'm trying to avoid spoilers popping up in this thread.

DarkSpartan: Thank you for your offer, but my script isn't really meant to be read separate from the artwork so I don't think it will make any sense that way.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#6 Post by Crocosquirrel »

In which case, PM me a link, and I'll look at it that way. :)
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#7 Post by TsukiShima »

Sci-fic! With cute artworks! Now this is getting my attention as well. And wow, from the screenshot, to me everything seems so bright. But after reading the short synopsis, I can feel that it does indeed involves fighting. I hope you would be able to put the scene in a cool way. Good luck!

cloverfirefly

#8 Post by cloverfirefly »

HanaMori wrote:Sci-fic! With cute artworks! Now this is getting my attention as well. And wow, from the screenshot, to me everything seems so bright. But after reading the short synopsis, I can feel that it does indeed involves fighting. I hope you would be able to put the scene in a cool way. Good luck!
I'm aiming to create a good balance between the cute artwork and the somewhat darker plot. The science fiction is mostly in that the story is set in the not-so-distant future and there's psychics. Thank you for the well wishes!