Chris and Claire [BxB][BxG][Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sapiboonggames
Veteran
Completed: I Love You, Brother [BxB]

Chris and Claire [BxB][BxG][Mystery]

#1 Post by sapiboonggames »

Well, this will be the first game I make, so please bear with me :wink:
Summary
Chris and Claire are twins who were separated from each other because their parents got murdered. 10 years have passed, and each of them has lived their own lives. One day, a guy came to Chris and brought the bad news that Claire had died. He also asked Chris to pose as Claire. Eventually, Chris agreed. One problem though, Chris is a guy while Claire is a girl :roll:
As he lived Claire's life, Chris also began to discover the truth behind his parents' death.

Characters

*Claire's portrait is currently being redone* :?

(FOR THOSE WHOSE PORTRAIT STILL IN PROGRESS)
Alfred: Claire's ever faithful butler who has tendencies to go missing during the night.

C***** (name in censor to avoid spoiler): the mysterious killer who's been killing every night. He slashes the victims at least 50 times after killing them.

Mr.Claus: Claire's homeroom teacher and is obsessed with Christmas.

Though there's a [BxB] and [BxG] tag in the title, this game is NOT focused on the romance, but rather on the mystery. Each character has a secret and the truth will be uncover in the true ending (C*****'s ending, of course)

I do all the work by myself so it will take quite a time before it's completed :cry:
so, anyone who has time and want to help, you're welcome! :twisted:

PROGRESS
The game contains 1,165 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 10,508 words,
for an average of 9.0 words per screen.
The game contains 16 menus.

10k words in just 4 days...
I don't know what I have written anymore
Last edited by sapiboonggames on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

Re: Chris and Claire [BxB][BxG][Mystery]

#2 Post by Starshine »

The game looks very intresting, and your artwork is just wonderful. Reminds me of a Sherlock Holmes Murder Mystery, with the whole early 19th century outfits. Twin's seperated after their parents were murdered sounds intresting. I wonder where the story takes place? i'm kinda asuming its england although i could be wrong.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

sapiboonggames
Veteran

#3 Post by sapiboonggames »

Starshine wrote:The game looks very intresting, and your artwork is just wonderful. Reminds me of a Sherlock Holmes Murder Mystery, with the whole early 19th century outfits. Twin's seperated after their parents were murdered sounds intresting. I wonder where the story takes place? i'm kinda asuming its england although i could be wrong.
Thx for the comment! :oops:
You're right, the story takes place in England "in my mind", it's never really mentioned in the game though. I just love victorian clothes so much that I decided to make this kind of game :lol:

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#4 Post by Androol »

The teaser is not very revolutionary at first look, it sounds like the classic twin separated at birth. The fact that they weren't separated at birth but at the death of the parent is a welcomed variation, same for the death of the sister and it's consequences.

The haircut of the last male character is not the best part, ain't that point, I like all the art.

It occurred to me, the girls have round eyes and the boys more square eyes. The protagonist seems to have eyes shaped at a crossing of these two stiles, will he try to open his eyes more when he try to impersonate his sister or his in betwin shaped eyes will be enought to fool everybody?
I have a twisted mind and a strange question, i plead guilty. :shock:

Good luck for your project the beginning looks promising.

sapiboonggames
Veteran

#5 Post by sapiboonggames »

Androol wrote:The teaser is not very revolutionary at first look, it sounds like the classic twin separated at birth. The fact that they weren't separated at birth but at the death of the parent is a welcomed variation, same for the death of the sister and it's consequences.

The haircut of the last male character is not the best part, ain't that point, I like all the art.

It occurred to me, the girls have round eyes and the boys more square eyes. The protagonist seems to have eyes shaped at a crossing of these two stiles, will he try to open his eyes more when he try to impersonate his sister or his in betwin shaped eyes will be enought to fool everybody?
I have a twisted mind and a strange question, i plead guilty. :shock:

Good luck for your project the beginning looks promising.
Firstly, thanks for the feedback! :mrgreen:

Well, if I reveal all the stories in the teaser, then it won't be a teaser :P besides, I don't have the skill to make a good teaser :roll:
I tried to make the last male character (or dimitri) looks younger, that's the reason for the haircut. And yeah, if there are more people thinking that his hairstyle is not good, then I'll change it (probably :wink:)

Yeah, I will make the MC force his eyes open to make him look more feminine :twisted:
I actually tried to put a twintail to the guy's face, but it looks so weird. After that, I remade the sprite, and that time it looked too feminine. That's the reason for Claire's sprite is still being redone. :P
Visit my website: http://www.sapiboong.com

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#6 Post by Egressus »

I gotta be honest: I came for the BxB tag (sue me) but I posted because of the post. (eh)
Mysteries are awesome, but old days/historical-sorta are even more awesome.

Several questions: In what era do the story take place in?
And since I assume that Chris is living the good life (knowing the prince's cousin and all), why would he want to pose as Claire? I think someone would notice, you know, Chris being missing and all.
Hiatus of hiatuses

sapiboonggames
Veteran

#7 Post by sapiboonggames »

Egressus wrote:I gotta be honest: I came for the BxB tag (sue me) but I posted because of the post. (eh)
Mysteries are awesome, but old days/historical-sorta are even more awesome.

Several questions: In what era do the story take place in?
And since I assume that Chris is living the good life (knowing the prince's cousin and all), why would he want to pose as Claire? I think someone would notice, you know, Chris being missing and all.
Hi, and thanks for the feedback!
Well... it's the victorian era, of course. Pretty obvious from their clothes, I think :P
Um, one thing to correct, Chris isn't living with the prince's cousin (or Winson), he lived with Dimitri, his foster brother. Dimitri is a noble, but his parents work in the town while he lived in the countryside alone (for the reason, it's in the game :lol:). Dimitri actually lived alone before Chris was adopted.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by try10 »

THIS SEEMS SO INTERESTING!!! XD I LOVE THE ART AND THE PLOT!

YOU ARE SO AWESOME! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A GOOD BxB GAME FOR A WHILE.

Egressus
Veteran

#9 Post by Egressus »

sapiboonggames wrote:Hi, and thanks for the feedback!
Well... it's the victorian era, of course. Pretty obvious from their clothes, I think :P
Um, one thing to correct, Chris isn't living with the prince's cousin (or Winson), he lived with Dimitri, his foster brother. Dimitri is a noble, but his parents work in the town while he lived in the countryside alone (for the reason, it's in the game :lol:). Dimitri actually lived alone before Chris was adopted.
No, I mean, he knows the prince's cousin personally. But that's not important anymore.

By the way, the whole Dimitri lives in the countryside is actually accurate. Nobles in Victorian era built their houses on the countryside. The ones in the town are called Townhouse, I think, and they're used only during the Season (AKA when the aristocrats throw really large balls). Just throwing that one out there.

And I take it Claire is the aristocrat one?

(Victorian clothes are very detail-heavy, and their gowns look layered. (They are made of several layers) The adult men wear cravats, etc. I think the only one who should be wearing cravat is Gilbert though.)
Hiatus of hiatuses

sapiboonggames
Veteran

#10 Post by sapiboonggames »

Egressus wrote:
sapiboonggames wrote:Hi, and thanks for the feedback!
No, I mean, he knows the prince's cousin personally. But that's not important anymore.

By the way, the whole Dimitri lives in the countryside is actually accurate. Nobles in Victorian era built their houses on the countryside. The ones in the town are called Townhouse, I think, and they're used only during the Season (AKA when the aristocrats throw really large balls). Just throwing that one out there.

And I take it Claire is the aristocrat one?

(Victorian clothes are very detail-heavy, and their gowns look layered. (They are made of several layers) The adult men wear cravats, etc. I think the only one who should be wearing cravat is Gilbert though.)
Both are aristocrat, I think. Just Claire is the richer one.
Yeah I know, I plan to make him wear cravat, but IT'S HARD :cry:
So, due to my inability to draw it, the clothes are this way :wink:

Egressus
Veteran

#11 Post by Egressus »

I-- uh, I'm not going to get meticulous on someone's project.
lol

Just know that I'm supporting your project... and crossdressing boys. /shoot me if you please
Hiatus of hiatuses

sapiboonggames
Veteran

#12 Post by sapiboonggames »

Egressus wrote:I-- uh, I'm not going to get meticulous on someone's project.
lol

Just know that I'm supporting your project... and crossdressing boys. /shoot me if you please
:mrgreen: No you're not being meticulous! And big thanks for the support~

Don't forget the skinship, I'm gonna make lots and lots of it :twisted:
*I hope I could draw it, though :shock:*

Egressus
Veteran

#13 Post by Egressus »

Lol! The game I'm writing right now has no BxB so I took the liberty of starting a side-project with BxB.
I'm such a genius. Genius at being an idiot.

Skinship? Like cuddles and huggies? I'd draw them as fanarts if you wish XD
Hiatus of hiatuses

sapiboonggames
Veteran

#14 Post by sapiboonggames »

Egressus wrote:Lol! The game I'm writing right now has no BxB so I took the liberty of starting a side-project with BxB.
I'm such a genius. Genius at being an idiot.

Skinship? Like cuddles and huggies? I'd draw them as fanarts if you wish XD
Yeah, that's it... and maybe more like groping, kissing *SHOT*
Wow, do it please! I would really love to see it!

Egressus
Veteran

#15 Post by Egressus »

Oh please, say no more. Now I need to go read fanfics. XD
Crossdressing Chris x Winson? Let's ignore the fact I ship them right after seeing their arts

link

Half opened fan to the lips means "you can kiss me."
eue
Hiatus of hiatuses