Dark World [Supernatural]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Dark World [Supernatural]

#16 Post by gekiganwing »

Trying to get funding on Kickstarter is not an easy task. Especially if you aren't an experienced professional with a reputation for making quality video games. If you want to use it to pay an artist's fees, then you need to sell people on the merits of your game. Tell people why your writing and/or gameplay will be excellent. Convince them that you will properly use the money, and not go over budget.

One of your blog posts talks about offering the player an illusion of choice. If this is part of your theme, then it might be a good idea. In other words, if your main character is trapped in a hopeless situation but does not know it, then it would make sense for the person to have a variety of options that all lead to bad endings.

My web search for "illusion of choice game" lead to several articles. One on The Examiner talks about problems of giving players weapons that are too useful, as well as redundant character classes. Another article on CheatCC has more to say about choices which aren't immediately apparent, and ones which take the player by surprise. This is fascinating stuff to think about.

tk5800thesecond

#17 Post by tk5800thesecond »

having a read of those links no thanks

I can see now I have jumped the gun, and now since iv gotten a good handle at the resources at my disposal, kickstarter is shelved, but i still plan to sell the game albiet for the low price of 5 dollars

tk5800thesecond

#18 Post by tk5800thesecond »

hey guys, iv got some concept art for the game, it is of a rust monster encountered early on in the game
http://darkworlddev.wordpress.com/

tk5800thesecond

#19 Post by tk5800thesecond »

Hey guys, got a music sample for you, check it out at the blog

http://darkworlddev.wordpress.com/