One Summer Night... [BxG][Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Konstantine

One Summer Night... [BxG][Romance]

#1 Post by Konstantine »

Hello! This is my first try at a Ren'py game, so I welcome any and all advice/criticism. I actually have an idea for a more complex one, but I wanted to try something simple while I learn the coding, process, etc. So this will probably be pretty short as well. (also let me know if there's more I should be putting in this post!)

Temporary title: One summer night

Summary: Life as a teenager isn't always just passing notes in the hall and chasing after crushes. Simon and Samantha have been drawing strength from one another as best friends for the last 3 years, but will they ever be more than that?
--> I'm actually just modifying a short story I wrote a long time ago.

Endings: 3 (perfect, good, bad)

Characters:
Samantha:
Height: 5'4"

Simon:
no image yet
Height: 6'0"

Some background images:
bridge
houses
swing set

I have limited artistic ability so I just edited public domain pictures in photoshop. Any thoughts on how they look would be appreciated. :)

Also, the picture of the girl is the first thing I've ever really colored on the comp so feedback on that would be nice too! (I know I need to redo the eyes)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: One Summer Night... [BxG][Romance]

#2 Post by fleet »

I won't offer criticism, but I will offer encouragement. I hope you have fun making your VN, and that any criticism you get is constructive and includes suggestions for improving your work.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: One Summer Night... [BxG][Romance]

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Starting out simple is a good idea.

If possible, please give us more information about your two characters and their conflicts. It will help to know what makes them unique, and what might be keeping them from becoming a couple.