Symphonie des Rêves! [GxB & GxG][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular
Projects: Symphonie des Rêves

Symphonie des Rêves! [GxB & GxG][Otome]

#1 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

riiko08 is the wonderful artist behind these gorgeous sprites and the banner!
One who wants to lead an orchestra must turn their back on the crowd.
Project name: Symphonie des Rêves, the Dream Symphony.
Genre: Otome [GxB/GxG]With some Supernatural themes!
Rating: 15+
Features: 6 obtainable characters.
Changeable player name.
Each route will be up to 2 hours long.
There’s about 15 endings.
Band camp/orchestra feels.
Once the English version is released, I will work on a full German translation.

Plot:
All young musicians dream of studying in Europe; at least this is the case for Harmonia Stratford. A talented singer, she wins her state's annual Young Musician competition and gains a scholarship to one of the most prestigious Conservatoire's in the world.

The Conservatoire is like nothing she has ever seen before, looking more like a set from a period drama than a school. It was once a grand Parisian opera house, rumour says, that mysteriously burnt to the ground. Passing this off as a nod to a specific musical also set in France, Harmonia laughs it off. When she starts to get plagued by odd dreams, however, ghosts seem like the least of her problems.

Characters:
All sprites are (c) to riiko08. Please don't use them without permission.

Harmonia Stratford:

"Soprano."
~The Vocalist~
Her personality changes with your choices, though fundamentally she is a lover of horrendous puns with a bit of an primadonna attitude.

Cel Amati:
~The Cellist~
"Hmm...? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."
Nationality: Italian/Romanian
Personality:
Outgoing laid-back virtuoso is one way of describing him, lazy flirtatious overachiever is another. Cel could easily be one of the greatest cellists of his time if he applied himself, though he really struggles playing in groups - he has absolutely no sense of rhythm. Older brother of Violet and Gio, he is naturally very caring and empathetic; being mean to him is like kicking a big, sleepy dog.

Despite only recently joining the Conservatoire, he is already very popular - Adillia, as a person, respects him but as section leader wishes he'd stop distracting the other flautists.

Gille Hautbois:
~The Oboist~
"..."
Nationality: Belgian
Personality:
A person of few words, the only time this guy ever makes a sound is when he's playing the oboe and boy-oh-boy does he do it well. He's been at the Conservatoire for a few years now, and nobody has ever heard him speak - not even his roommate and section leader, Josef. Very by-the-book, he is best at the technical aspects of music and much prefers playing in groups than on his own.

Day-to-day, it is clear Gille's on the shy side, though when preforming he has quite the stage presence and definitely has his fans. Again, Adillia wishes her section would give their practice the same amount of attention as they do the other musicians.

Josef Hecke:
~The Bassoonist~
"This... It is not an oboe."
Nationality: Austrian
Personality:
A long-time pupil at the Conservatoire, he's well-known though not necessarily popular; Josef is incredibly book-smart, that's for sure, but struggles with the whole 'people' thing. A bassoonist in his own right, he is leader of the double-reed section and also a pretty talented composer. A 20th century fan, he is much more at home playing Stravinsky than Mozart and really hates playing music as written; a habit some find inspiring, and others plain annoying.

Josef harbours a secret love of building bizarre instruments, from the carrot ocarina to the Theremin, and can occasionally be found in the sound-engineering room composing in comfortable silence with Elliot.

Adillia Bohem:
~The Flautist~
"I'm surrounded by idiots."
Nationality: Canadian
Personality:
Calm, cool and collected, Adillia is the mom of the woodwind section and genuinely cares for every single member, even if they do exasperate her at times. An unrivalled flautist and gorgeous young woman, Adillia errs on the shy side and suffers from very serious stage-fright. A perfect balance of technical ability and musicianship, it really is magical when she plays; if she wasn't so terrified of preforming, it wouldn't be hard to see her as a world-renowned musician.

She always has a relaxed demeanour and is very gentle in nature, however Klavian knows how to push all her buttons and takes great pleasure in doing so - they bicker like brother and sister; heck, they even look like they could be related (they're not, trust me, and implying this is probably won't end well for you.) and are quite fun to watch.

Klavian Steinway:
~The KING Pianist~
"Oh no, no. You are accompanying me."
Nationality: German
Personality:
With an ego rivalled only by his talent, Klavian is hands down one of the most gifted musicians at the Conservatoire and he knows it. He's materialistic, has a very artistic temperament and seems to care little for anyone but himself yet he somehow manages to be one of the most popular members of the school. A well-known composer and pianist, he has a bright future ahead of him; his playing style is littered with fiendishly difficult flourishes that few so young can pull off and he is most comfortable with the romantic-classic period.

Despite outward appearances, Klavian's a bit of a nerd and loves nothing more than curling up and playing video games. He's also pretty good at reading people and if he wasn't such a jerk, he'd actually be a pretty cool guy.

Elliot Roland:
~The Sound Engineer~
"Would it kill you to shut up for five minutes, sheesh."
Nationality: British, English/Scottish
Personality:
Putting it lightly, Elliot is not a people person. Not so much shy as boorish and rude, he spends most of his time hidden away in the sound engineering rooms - his home away from home. One of the few pupils who doesn't play a classical instrument, Elliot's talents lie with the electronic aspect of making music and though he doesn't play directly with the orchestra, he controls it from behind the scenes.

He and Violet are, somehow, very close friends and are rarely seen without one-another - a true case of opposites attract, Elliot's snarky, mean-spirited humour seem to mellow out Violet's loud and excitable personality.

Violet Amati:
~The Viola~
"You know you're my best friend, right? You can tell me anything!"
Nationality: Italian/Romanian
Personality:
Violet is lively and fun, and hates sitting still. Some people find her a little too boisterous but like her brother, being mean to her is like kicking an excitable puppy. A true virtuoso, Violet makes playing the Viola look easy, though is sometimes overshadowed by her 12-year-old wunderkind violinist brother and ladies-man cellist older brother. She has a love of folk-music and quickly shatters the 'classically trained musicians can't jam' stereotype, and can come up with a harmony to almost any song in seconds.

Childhood friend of the Player Character, she's been attending the Conservatoire for three years now, but somehow forget to mention it to Harmonia who assumed she'd bounced off the face of the planet. Violet seems to be facing an inner turmoil, lately, though...

----------------------------

This project is seriously lacking horsepower at the moment, so if you want to contribute in any way feel free to shoot me a PM! Thank-you again for sticking around this long <3
Last edited by TheSnowflakeOfDoom on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:14 am, edited 31 times in total.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

Re: The Orchestra! [GxB & GxG][Otome-ish style]

#2 Post by Desu_Cake »

Two words: Hell yes.
I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this.

kialaa
Projects: Chronophobia

#3 Post by kialaa »

I love the concept I don't know I just think an orchestra thing would be really well interesting I can't wait to see the human sprites and more added to the post.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by CheeryMoya »

Do it. Now.

I also demand that you include a saxophone so that way I can make the joke about sexyphones. I-I think I like The King already O: He's just so... grand. I expect you'll be following in similar footsteps to Hatoful Boyfriend? There's potential for lolz to be had here, and I'll keep an eye out for this.

I also expect this to be very punny.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#5 Post by Hijiri »

I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing is happening! D:

I hope this get's finished. It's too epic to NOT get finished.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#6 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

As an ensemble player... this amuses me greatly. Good luck! I'll have to give this a try when it's done...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#7 Post by Sapphi »

> THE KING

L. M. A. O.

I'm afraid to play this when it's finished because I might die laughing.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kleine Schnauzer
Projects: Lacuna

#8 Post by Kleine Schnauzer »

Just because it was mentioned in the bio...I want to see an oboe try and stab someone in the eye with a turnip.

Seriously, this is a thing that needs to be made. I'm looking forward to the result!

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#9 Post by Blane Doyle »

First thought: It's like Haotful Boyfriend but with instruments...

Second thought: WHEN CAN I PLAY IT?

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#10 Post by SilverxBlue »

There are not enough F*ck yeahs in this world to describe how I feel right now.

Finish this... If not, I will hunt you, then lock you in a dungeon and force you to finish it. (Lol, jk.)

And I want to see a harp... and cymbals, but I don't want to sound demanding, so please disregard this.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular

#11 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

Thankyou for all the replies!
(I am on an iPod, so I appologise in advance for not being able to quote, and autocorrect...)
We have played Hatoful, we loved it, and yes, we got the Idea from there, but don't think for a minuet (sorry, ALL THE PUNS!!!) we are copying them!!!
Ahaha~
I am now working on adding in a saxophone, harp (we already had a great idea for them!) and the cymbals!
Ahh! I'm so glad you guys want to play this!!
And of course it will be finished, pfft who needs to revise for exams when you have instruments to seduce?!
~~~~
Signature, eh?
Hi!~ I'm TheSnowflakeOfDoom! I'm not a snowflake, nor do I bring doom I just like snowflakes... This account speaks for two people, because I couldn't be bothered making my own account And I can't deal with talking on my own...
I'm not rude, I'm just really shy... Meep~ Even though I want to talk to you all...

S-so how are you all today? I hope you're all well, and all your projects are going well!~
*Runs and hides*

~~~~

bellice
Veteran

#12 Post by bellice »

First a game about dating pidgeons and now instruments?

...I love this community. xD

Also, it has GxG in the title, so I'll be aaaall over it.

TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular

#13 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

(The new characters I put up will be used at a later point, 6 feels enough....)
Last edited by TheSnowflakeOfDoom on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~
Signature, eh?
Hi!~ I'm TheSnowflakeOfDoom! I'm not a snowflake, nor do I bring doom I just like snowflakes... This account speaks for two people, because I couldn't be bothered making my own account And I can't deal with talking on my own...
I'm not rude, I'm just really shy... Meep~ Even though I want to talk to you all...

S-so how are you all today? I hope you're all well, and all your projects are going well!~
*Runs and hides*

~~~~

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#14 Post by kaleidofish »

Hahaha, I was worried that this was never going to be made. No one's going to kick you off the Internet for this. If anything, you may win the keys to the Internet when this is released. Best of luck! And uh...yeah, good luck on cutting out that harp. :D
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#15 Post by tuna_sushi »

I *love* the concept! :D
I'm really looking forward for the release! ^.^
When I scrolled down and see the recorder, I was screaming while jumping:
YES! >:D[/s]