Dream's Dénouement [Psychological][Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

Re: Dream's Dénouement [Crossover][Fantasy]

#16 Post by Patty »

Concept sketches of Ashley and Carly from Maelstrom Fenrir's module, The Tattoo of Happiness. The concepts shown here are not yet final and can be subject to change~ ^^
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

Re: Dream's Dénouement [Psychological|Fantasy]

#17 Post by leon »

With Maltagliati's module "Adventure Time" nearing completion, our composers have started working on the music for it. Here are a couple of samples.

This is the first track for Maltagliati's module "Adventure Time!": Forest Pathways by Retribute.
Bright but calming enough to be ambient. This will be the general background music (i.e. when they're walking in the forest casually; after the danger has passed).
For more Retribute's music, visit his SoundCloud account: Retribute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here is another music track by Ziassan: Adventure Time Battle Music
Not too intense, like an epic Lord of the Rings war; more like Pokemon battle music in terms of intensity.
For more Ziassan's music, visit his SoundCloud account: Ziassan.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest

#18 Post by leon »

A new module was added - Point of View, a science fiction story of a bitter old guy who was preparing most of his life for a mission to establish first contact with an alien race, but got retired before he was needed.

Here’s a short excerpt from it:

“Malron was harshly awoken by the irritating sound, of what he first thought was an alarm clock. Still half asleep and wondering about the weird dream he had, he reached out his short chubby hand and started feeling the top of an old fashioned nightstand, attempting to find the obnoxious device and turn it off. Instead, he knocked over a half empty bottle of cheap Deimosian whiskey.“
“Then he remembered: he didn’t have an alarm clock at all. He didn’t need one since his retirement three years ago. The sound was in fact coming from his comm unit. At first he just tried to ignore it, waiting until the caller would give up. He rolled his large body over, trying to return back to his dreams.”
Malron: “I bet it’s just another spam message... But what if it’s her? What if she came back?”
“The chances his wife would be calling him were slim. She wasn’t supposed to come back from her mission for at least another two months. The details of her mission were confidential even to him, but he knew she must be researching a newly discovered life form on some very distant planet or moon. But there was a glimmer of hope in that thought, giving him reason to get out of bed.
Wiping his eyes, he checked the small screen on an obsolete comm unit mounted on the wall. His jaw dropped when he saw who the caller was: the commissioner. His former boss, when he was still working for the Preparations.
Preparations for the Encounter with Aliens Species, was a group whose sole purpose was to establish contact with a sentient alien race, once such a race would be discovered.
Marlon hadn’t heard from the commissioner for years.”
Malron: “What the hell do you want?”
Commissioner: “Good morning to you too, Malron. Is that a way to greet an old friend?”
Malron: “You’re not my friend and you’re not my boss anymore. Not since I was forced to retire. What do you want from me?”
Commissioner: “As forward as always, eh? Heh heh heh. Well the thing is... We need you for a mission of great importance. I know this is a bit irregular, but...”

The writing is complete, currently being edited by Maelstrom-Fenrir, so we are moving ahead with the art for it.
Our new member, Nottie will be drawing the character sprites and event CGs, while I’m doing the writing and backgrounds. Nottie has a lot of experience with drawing animals, so she’s pretty comfortable drawing aliens. The sketches below are concept art for one of the CGs and an idea for the alien helmet.
Attachments
Alien helmet side view concept
Alien helmet side view concept
CG concept - surgery
CG concept - surgery

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#19 Post by Fungii »

Couple more sprites for Module 10 that I finished up a while ago and haven't posted here:
0.png
The one on the right was a heck of a lot of fun to draw and create; had to be an over the top kind of superhero guy. Personally pretty proud of him. The blonde on the left is your flirty womanising type, also fun to draw.
They look pretty contrasting next to eachother, haha.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Dream's Dénouement [Psychological][Fantasy]

#20 Post by leon »

This one (the last) of the backgrounds, I just made for Orochiwolf's module "Sesame Street" (work title; obviously :roll: ).
El and Kiara find themselves in in Sesame Street. To escape this dream, they must solve a few puzzles. And sing a song. :D
The writing for this module is complete (being edited now) and with this background so are all the BGs.
Attachments
Sesame Street - Count von Count's piano.
Sesame Street - Count von Count's piano.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by leon »

This is the final version of Pasithea, the main character of Dream's Dénouement. Concept by Zylinder, lineart by Tag- and coloring by Maltiagliati. That's Pasi's super-angry expression, by the way. :)

Maltiagliati did the coloring in two styles, regular and water color style. We are still deciding which style to choose. Which style do you prefer and why? Which one do you think is more suited for Dream's Dénouement theme?

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Image
Attachments
Pasithea final 2 (watercolor)
Pasithea final 2 (watercolor)
Pasithea final 1
Pasithea final 1

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Applegate »

I like the watercolour version more, although the softer colours make her seem a little more dour.

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#23 Post by Nuxill »

I like the watercolor picture. It feels more dream like.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by leon »

@Applegate and Nuxill:
Thank you both for the feedback. :D It seems that everyone prefers the watercolor version.
Applegate wrote:I like the watercolour version more, although the softer colours make her seem a little more dour.
I think that would actually work great for Pasithea, but this style will be used for all the characters and there's some rather derpy ones too.

This is an updated version Mal drew. Its more blue and I think it has more contrast.
Attachments
Another watercolored style.
Another watercolored style.

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#25 Post by Tag- »

Mm, it definitely looks a lot nicer now. I was conflicted between the two styles at first, thinking something in the middle of the two would have been nice. The third version hits the nail on the head for me :D
PM me if needed

Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

#26 Post by Patty »

Here's a sprite from The Tattoo of Happiness C:
Kid Carly - Hopeful.jpg
It's Carly, the main character, as a kid. ^^
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476

myapple
Regular
Projects: RoG2.0, Stirling
Organization: red inc.

#27 Post by myapple »

Octalus' Well~

The first out of four or so backgrounds i'll be doing for this project ^^.
Attachments
octaluswell_by_apple.jpg

Celestine
Veteran

#28 Post by Celestine »

I like the blonde girl's outfit, really nicely done. :wink:

Definitely should go with the 3rd watercolor sprite.
1st one gives off a soft image, 2nd one is brighter. But the 3rd gives it a balance between the two.

Green forest looks pretty cool. A bit mystical, a bit scary, and fascinating. Wish I could walk into a real forest like that.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#29 Post by Taleweaver »

Moved by OP's request.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

leon
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by leon »

A short video of gameplay from Superhero Madness module.

YouTube link: Superhero Madness RPG Demo

Credits for Superhero Madness module:
Writing: Kaleidofish
Programming, BGs and GUI: Leon
Music: Ziassan
Sprites: Fungii
Beta testing: Valethar
Engine: PyTom (Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine)
Engine: Jake (Ren'Py RPG Battle Engine)

~~~~~

In the meantime the art for The Tattoo of Happiness (Maelstrom-Fenrir's module) is getting finished. Patty completed all the sprites (with 54 poses and variations :shock: ) and I started working on the BGs.
Carly being sad in the park.
Carly being sad in the park.
A mockup with Carly (the MC), being sad, on a night version of the park BG.