Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy][Commercial

#76 Post by teacup »

I think that's a lot better for Nicholas~ He looks more 'serious' now instead of perpetually angry, haha.
I personally like the green eyes, but that's just because I'm a sucker for the black hair/green eyes combo and that's my personal taste. So if you feel that the gray eyes suit him more, I won't object to that. xD
I also like Eli's new smile better. It just seems more innocent and cute to me. <3
Anyway, I was just leaving comments on some minor things, you didn't have to go and change them! But I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#77 Post by Nische »

Arcanum wrote:I'm in utter *love* with the new Nicholas. First, he looked - yes - kinda grumpy and a tad emo. Now he just looks so mature and sexy *g* (Also noticed the ~crotch~ *coughcough*) As for Eli, I kinda liked the old nose better, but then, as much as I love the sexy and mature kind of look (that suits Nicholas so well *g*), I like cute guys as well <3

I also like the new look of the choice menu!
Hahahaha, I'm so glad that the edits are to your liking! xD
(I tried fixing the crotch ahuhuhu. I hope it's better now *A*)

Ahh, I guess I'll work on making Eli both mature and cute, hahaha. I'll try to have some edits up once I finish Nicholas' other hairstyle. *A*
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#78 Post by Nische »

teacup wrote:I think that's a lot better for Nicholas~ He looks more 'serious' now instead of perpetually angry, haha.
I personally like the green eyes, but that's just because I'm a sucker for the black hair/green eyes combo and that's my personal taste. So if you feel that the gray eyes suit him more, I won't object to that. xD
I also like Eli's new smile better. It just seems more innocent and cute to me. <3
Anyway, I was just leaving comments on some minor things, you didn't have to go and change them! But I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Yeah, I like it better now too. Thanks so much for pointing that out and suggesting a fix!

I'll ask around for more opinion on his eye color. >:
If ever we keep the green, it would be a smidgen more diluted since it's a bit too bright (at least on my screen) right now.

Thanks! I'll fix up Eli' other outfits with that face too. I'll be updating the front page with the edits in a bit. xD

I loved hearing your input on things so thank you so much for posting your opinion. All in all, it made the characters look better so thank you so much. Like you said, even if it's just a minor thing, it can change the feeling of the character. XD
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#79 Post by Nische »

Here's Nicholas in his doctor outfit:
ImageImageImageImage

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#80 Post by GeneDNC »

Nische wrote: Thank you so much for making a reference! xD
Pleasure and yes, that looks much better.
I also like the changes to the guys, Nicholas especially. Personally I prefer the gray eyes, I think it suits him better and makes him look soulful. ^__^

EDIT:
Nische wrote:Here's Nicholas in his doctor outfit:
@.@ Oh my. Excuse my while I find something to clean the drool off my keyboard.

If my doctor looked like that I would be sick all the time. All. The. Time. Just thought of a funny situation where the protagonist meets a girl/rival in the hospital/doctor's office who fakes being sick/gets herself sick to stalk her hot doctor. ^__^

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#81 Post by NoJoker »

Everything looks so good and professional.
My favorite is Soliel so far. I really wish he had black nail polish, though.
Why is this not a BxB game? :D

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#82 Post by Fungii »

Oh my GOSH this looks so smooth and neat, gonna keep an eye on this.

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#83 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I am now in the Nicolas Club as well. The update is definitely an improvement. He should wear glasses all the time. ;D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Onionchan

#84 Post by Onionchan »

Amazing updates so far! I appreciate the fact that you guys take the time to read the player/viewer comments, and make adjustments accordingly ^_^ Not a lot of game creators take the time to do that, since it is a hassle to change a lot of things. The game is definitely looking a lot more polished than it did before.

For Nicholas, then I do like the new character change and adjustments. In the first one, he just looked angry - and now he looks a lot more mature, calm and levelheaded (which is a great combination considering he's a "doctor"). As a lot of people said, him in a doctor outfit is just... icing on the cake LOLOL! Not that he wasn't handsome or dateable before. Whilst I understand the whole "grey eye colour" since it suits his personality, I do have to say that I was a sucker for the green eyes.

Since his hair is quite dark, green eyes just gives a nice contrast to his skin tone and lightens up his face a lot more. I'm not really picky about it though, since it really is a minor detail. It's entirely up to you whether to keep the grey eyes :)

For the changes with Eli, he looks so much cuter, yet manly at the same time. The nose really did the trick haha. I do have to say that when I first looked at him, I did feel his smirk was a little... off? There was just something a little strange about it, since he looks a lot more mischievous now (as to before where he looked really innocent).

Other than that, then great work so far ^_^ I will continue following the updates on this =D

Nische
Regular

#85 Post by Nische »

GeneDNC wrote:
Nische wrote: Thank you so much for making a reference! xD
Pleasure and yes, that looks much better.
I also like the changes to the guys, Nicholas especially. Personally I prefer the gray eyes, I think it suits him better and makes him look soulful. ^__^

EDIT:
Nische wrote:Here's Nicholas in his doctor outfit:
@.@ Oh my. Excuse my while I find something to clean the drool off my keyboard.

If my doctor looked like that I would be sick all the time. All. The. Time. Just thought of a funny situation where the protagonist meets a girl/rival in the hospital/doctor's office who fakes being sick/gets herself sick to stalk her hot doctor. ^__^

Ahahaha!
I'm so glad you like Nicholas's work outfit. xD
I was worried people would be irked by his slicked back hair.
NoJoker wrote: Everything looks so good and professional.
My favorite is Soliel so far. I really wish he had black nail polish, though.
Why is this not a BxB game? :D
OMG, finally someone who likes Soliel!
I was worried everyone would just go after Nicholas. >_<
Well... he could have black nail polish. I never draw nails though, hahaha. Maybe I'll try to add them after the characters are done. xD

I'd love to make this BL in some way, but my school wouldn't approve of it.
I'm submitting this as a part of my final project so I can't make anything too risque or anything that doesn't adhere with typical Christian beliefs/views. :/

I'm definitely going to hint stuff though that the players can interpret in any way they want to... yay for that? Hahaha.
Fungii wrote: Oh my GOSH this looks so smooth and neat, gonna keep an eye on this.
Yay! Thank you very much. :'D
I love your WIP for Outer Ordinary. The sprites are to absolutely adorable! I can't wait to see more updates. :')
FatUnicornGames wrote: I am now in the Nicolas Club as well. The update is definitely an improvement. He should wear glasses all the time. ;D
Hahahaha, thanks! At least I know who the popular one is. xD
I have a weakness for glasses too. *A*
I am very tempted to make him wear glasses forever, hahaha.
Last edited by Nische on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#86 Post by Pyonkotchi »

Nicolas reminds me of the doctor in harvest Moon xD

my heart belonds to Eli thoguh I mean, come on, he's an artist, and ginger to boot ;u;

Nische
Regular

#87 Post by Nische »

Onionchan wrote:Amazing updates so far! I appreciate the fact that you guys take the time to read the player/viewer comments, and make adjustments accordingly ^_^ Not a lot of game creators take the time to do that, since it is a hassle to change a lot of things. The game is definitely looking a lot more polished than it did before.
Thank you very much!
This is the first game I'm making using Ren'Py so I don't think I can get very far if I don't ask for the player's opinion. :')
I really am very grateful for all the feedback that people have been giving. It really does mean a lot to me to know that there are people who are interested enough in the game to give their two cents.
Onionchan wrote:For Nicholas, then I do like the new character change and adjustments. In the first one, he just looked angry - and now he looks a lot more mature, calm and levelheaded (which is a great combination considering he's a "doctor"). As a lot of people said, him in a doctor outfit is just... icing on the cake LOLOL! Not that he wasn't handsome or dateable before. Whilst I understand the whole "grey eye colour" since it suits his personality, I do have to say that I was a sucker for the green eyes.

Since his hair is quite dark, green eyes just gives a nice contrast to his skin tone and lightens up his face a lot more. I'm not really picky about it though, since it really is a minor detail. It's entirely up to you whether to keep the grey eyes :)
Ah, that's 2 for green. I can see how it's more aesthetically pleasing as well. I'll talk to my partner about it and see if we can make green work. We could go with what I said before and just make it a more saturated green. That way it's both part green and part gray, ahaha.
Onionchan wrote:For the changes with Eli, he looks so much cuter, yet manly at the same time. The nose really did the trick haha. I do have to say that when I first looked at him, I did feel his smirk was a little... off? There was just something a little strange about it, since he looks a lot more mischievous now (as to before where he looked really innocent).
Yeah, someone mentioned that earlier too. >:
I tried to fix the smile up a bit here:

I still haven't uploaded the fixed smile of his other outfits yet though but I definitely will. xD
I just have to finish a few more characters.
Onionchan wrote:Other than that, then great work so far ^_^ I will continue following the updates on this =D
Again, thank you very much! :'D
You've been such a great help. :')
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#88 Post by Nische »

Pyonkotchi wrote:Nicolas reminds me of the doctor in harvest Moon xD
OMG, they do look alike! Hahahaha.
Pyonkotchi wrote:my heart belonds to Eli thoguh I mean, come on, he's an artist, and ginger to boot ;u;
Yay, another person going for Eli! *A*
IKR? How can anyone resist creative gingers, hahaha.
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#89 Post by Nische »

Another Art update. Here are some of the characters from the flashback scenes:
(I'm horrible at designing school uniforms. I apologize in advanced if they look weird.)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#90 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Nische wrote:Hahahaha, thanks! At least I know who the popular one is. xD
I have a weakness for glasses too. *A*
I am very tempted to make him wear glasses forever, hahaha.
I will romance the heck out of him either way. Though I'll be extra enthusiastic when he's wearing the glasses (which will hopefully be always.) ;D

Also: I LIKE the slicked back hair look on Dr. Nicolas. :D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-