Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy][Commercial

#106 Post by Nische »

Victoria Jennings wrote:
Nische wrote:Here's another non-datable character. She's a nurse at Nicholas' clinic.
...*sob* ; - ;

She's so cute though... hnngh. You're really good at drawing, man.
Aww, thank you! *A*
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#107 Post by Nische »

FatUnicornGames wrote:
Nische wrote:Thank you very much! *A*

I feel bad for not checking out your game until now but...
OMG, your game's looking FANTASTIC!
I absolutely love the art style! All the characters looks so distinct and just overflowing with personality, hahaha.
Thanks so much! We are pretty early on in the process but I am super excited about it. I am really liking what I've been seeing here too. :D I actually talked to my artist about doing the coloring on my heroine's hair kind of like the way you did the hair on yours. ;D

About Sol - I definitely think the sketch you did is an improvement. I think you leveled up your "hot guy" art style quite honestly.
Aww, thank you! xD
I can't wait to see your characters colored, especially Jeff. Hahaha.
I'm very interested to see how the story develops as well. It looks like it's going to be pretty funny, especially with the characters you have.
ImageImageImageImage

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#108 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Nische wrote: Aww, thank you! xD
I'm very interested to see how the story develops as well. It looks like it's going to be pretty funny, especially with the characters you have.
I think you'll like Jeff's coloring...he is a redhead. ;D

I HOPE it's funny. I've been getting good feedback from my beta-testers, but it is hard to judge whether I'm funny or not. You probably know how that goes.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Nische
Regular

#109 Post by Nische »

FatUnicornGames wrote:
Nische wrote: Aww, thank you! xD
I think you'll like Jeff's coloring...he is a redhead. ;D

I HOPE it's funny. I've been getting good feedback from my beta-testers, but it is hard to judge whether I'm funny or not. You probably know how that goes.
Oh my... I'm in love, hahahahaha!

I'm sure it is! xD
I'm actually too scared to get beta readers right now. I'm worried that my scenes might be a bit too long and dragging. D':
ImageImageImageImage

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#110 Post by azureXtwilight »

Oooh, this looks interesting! I'm willing to be a beta-tester if you'd like, since I had the experience to XD
*shot repeatedly

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#111 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I'd be glad to take a gander too if you wanted. :D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#112 Post by RunicV »

This looks like an interesting game! :D It's so smooth and polished, and the graphics are amazing. One thing I wanted to say, though, was when I first saw your game logo, I thought it was called "Lover at the Laundromat". :/ Maybe it's just me, though. I wish you luck with the game! :D
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#113 Post by GeneDNC »

Nische wrote:I'm desperately trying to make Sol hotter.
It's nice that people think Nicholas is hot and all but I feel bad for Sol. He's a model yet a doctor is more attractive than him, ahahaha.

Anyway, here's my quick attempt at making Sol more attractive. I'm not sure if it worked, I've never been good at drawing abs. I should definitely look for topless guys for... uhm... reference, ahohoho.
That sketch already looks tons better. His pose is also a big improvement. The sketch pose says "Hey baby." The OP pose says "Mm what should I have for breakfast? Maybe the oatmeal..." XP Somehow it also helps that he isn't wearing a shirt. XP His hand placement might be a bit too close to Eli's though.

I'd totally be up for beta reader/tester too when/if you decide you need some.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#114 Post by Nellie »

Such lovely art <3

Me likey, *ESPECIALLY* those animations, so cute! =3

Wish you best of lucks in completing this!! :)

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#115 Post by Obscura »

Er, just dropped by to say if you make a game with just that nurse you'll get loads of BxG fans handing you bags of money.

Just saying.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

selenity136
Regular

#116 Post by selenity136 »

selenity136 wrote:What's the expected game length of the game and how much would the price be for the game? When's the anticipated release date (if you have one)?
What do you mean by game length?
The actual game lasts for 4 in game seasons/months so that's a total of 120 days.

As for how long would it take for someone to finish the game, then I'd say roughly 3~5 hours if they don't skip anything? It's pretty heavy with writing so there's a lot of reading involved. [/quote]

Oh, what I meant by game length is the word count. Sorry if I was uncleared on that part.

And you shouldn't really change Nicholas's looks because alot of people commented that he looks similar to one other character in a game ^^". If you think about it, lots of characters would ended up looking similar anyways in the long run.

As for Sol, the new look really does wonders for him. Originally, I didn't find him to be that hot--kinda more on the side of mad or crazed. And probably someone who is really into hair products ><. So you got my thumbs up on the new design.

What's Eli's age by the way?

For the new hot nurse--congrats, I think you made everyone's fantasy come true.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#117 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Nische wrote:
MomoiroGirl wrote:I am, LITERALLY, dying to play this game TT___________TT I am so fricking excited for this to be ready! I will definitely buy it!!! 8D I love the concept, I love the tons of CGs promised, and I adore the art! I don't particularly mind Eli's design, i just think he's cute, but I definitely won't defy him becoming more manly XD If I were to point ANYTHNG out at all, it would be that *ahem* I somehow feel that Miles' and Soleil's crotches look wierd, as if they're wearing tight pants, yet they have no dong... .___. This is nitpicking of course, and it's most definitely something that woudn't bother once you're playing the game, but when I look at it right now,somehow it just doesn't fit :/

Aside from that, I am loving this >u> Especially Lynn's new design!!! She looks really awesome now! :D Can't wait for more updates <3 :D

Thank you very much! :'D

Hahahaha, I will definitely fix Miles' and Soliel's crotch problem. xD
I had a feeling something was wrong somewhere but no one else seemed to comment about it. I'm so glad you did *A*
I can never single out what looks wrong, hahahaha.

They're all going through some editing actually so I'm hoping to get all the finalized sprites up by the end of the week. *A*

Hahah, oh thank God, I was so scared to say anything, cause this is, like, pretty much nr. 1 on my most anticipated games list atm on this site XDDD Btw, Nicholas' new design... Oh sweet jesus ´q` That is like, my LITERAL dream guy... vfhdskldjgzsjkzflxkcbjdskj sexy doctor, tsundere-ish, dark hair, blue eyes AND GLASSES!!! 8D /can die happy now

Btw, if you DO want beta testers I'm more than happy to join the list! >u>

Incognito
Regular
Projects: System of Paradise
Organization: Team Chimera

#118 Post by Incognito »

I'm loving the sprites for this VN, and the layout reminds me a bit of Team Fortress's interface, can't wait to see more.

Nische
Regular

#119 Post by Nische »

azureXtwilight wrote:Oooh, this looks interesting! I'm willing to be a beta-tester if you'd like, since I had the experience to XD
*shot repeatedly
Thank you so much! :'D
I'll definitely look you up once the game's ready for testing. :')
It's still in a very rough stage right now so it's not really something I can show. >_<
FatUnicornGames wrote: I'd be glad to take a gander too if you wanted. :D
Thank you so much! :'D
I'll definitely look you up once the game's ready for testing. :')
It's still in a very rough stage right now so it's not really something I can show. >_<
RunicV wrote:This looks like an interesting game! :D It's so smooth and polished, and the graphics are amazing. One thing I wanted to say, though, was when I first saw your game logo, I thought it was called "Lover at the Laundromat". :/ Maybe it's just me, though. I wish you luck with the game! :D
Thank you very much!
Yeah, I got similar feedback before when I posted an earlier draft of the logo. I cut a chunk of the tail and I thought that would be enough to stop it from looking like 'Loveo'. I guess I should cut it more to make it look less like 'Lover'. xD

Thanks for the input! :'D
Will try to fix it when I get back home from classes.
GeneDNC wrote:That sketch already looks tons better. His pose is also a big improvement. The sketch pose says "Hey baby." The OP pose says "Mm what should I have for breakfast? Maybe the oatmeal..." XP Somehow it also helps that he isn't wearing a shirt. XP His hand placement might be a bit too close to Eli's though.
Ahahahahaha!
The way you interpreted his old pose made me LOL. What a unique thing for a pose to say. I'm so glad the new one is more on the target, hahaha.
I'm trying to think of more casual poses but I can't seem to think of any that would suite the way he talks. If it's a big issue, I can try to change it again. *A*
GeneDNC wrote:I'd totally be up for beta reader/tester too when/if you decide you need some.
Thank you very much!
The game's nowhere near ready yet though so it'll be a while before I have it tested. ;_;
Nellie wrote:Such lovely art <3

Me likey, *ESPECIALLY* those animations, so cute! =3

Wish you best of lucks in completing this!! :)
I was worried the animations would look too simple, I'm so glad to hear that someone likes it. *A*

Obscura wrote:Er, just dropped by to say if you make a game with just that nurse you'll get loads of BxG fans handing you bags of money.

Just saying.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahahahaha!
I guess I should make a BxG game after this, huh?

selenity136 wrote:Oh, what I meant by game length is the word count. Sorry if I was uncleared on that part.
Ah, I don't have the final word count since the story is still far from done. The story is about 1/4(?) done and so far it's 52,720 words. I'm not sure if that's a lot or a little so I'm sorry if it's short?

selenity136 wrote:And you shouldn't really change Nicholas's looks because alot of people commented that he looks similar to one other character in a game ^^". If you think about it, lots of characters would ended up looking similar anyways in the long run.
Hahaha, I suppose so. It was just a bit worried that people might think that he's a rip off if both his personality and looks are similar. :/

selenity136 wrote:As for Sol, the new look really does wonders for him. Originally, I didn't find him to be that hot--kinda more on the side of mad or crazed. And probably someone who is really into hair products ><. So you got my thumbs up on the new design.
Hahahaha! Well, he does change his hairstyle every season so the obsession with hair products might not be too off. xD
Thank you so much! I'm glad the edits are getting good feedback so far. :)
selenity136 wrote:What's Eli's age by the way?
Ah, that's something I can't answer with full certainty just yet. Neither he nor Lynn have a definite age right now. The two of them are the same age, that's for sure, but I haven't decided at what age did Lynn graduate from HS. In the Philippines, where I'm from, people graduate from HS at the age of 16. From what I know, people in America and Japan graduate at the age of 18? I think the safest estimate of their ages would probably be 20 since the story starts 2 years after Lynn graduates. If Eli looks too young to be 20, that's fine. He's supposed to look younger than he is. xD
selenity136 wrote:For the new hot nurse--congrats, I think you made everyone's fantasy come true.
Ahahaha, thanks!
She only plays a role in Nicholas' arc though. xD

MomoiroGirl wrote:Hahah, oh thank God, I was so scared to say anything, cause this is, like, pretty much nr. 1 on my most anticipated games list atm on this site XDDD Btw, Nicholas' new design... Oh sweet jesus ´q` That is like, my LITERAL dream guy... vfhdskldjgzsjkzflxkcbjdskj sexy doctor, tsundere-ish, dark hair, blue eyes AND GLASSES!!! 8D /can die happy now
I'm so glad that you did comment!
If not, I would be making a dating game full of crotchless bachelors. There's no way that would end up well. >_<

I feel HONORED to be making a game that's on someones most-aniticipated-games-on-this-site-at-the-moment list. *A* (I'm serious, haha.)
I'm just smiling like an idiot right now, thank you. xD

Hahahah! I was worried I was pushing my obsession with glasses too much by adding them on Nicholas. I'm so glad that people don't seem to dislike it though. *A*
MomoiroGirl wrote: Btw, if you DO want beta testers I'm more than happy to join the list! >u>
I'm really very grateful for all the offers to help beta-test the game.
I'll definitely be bugging you guys in the future. :')

Incognito wrote:I'm loving the sprites for this VN, and the layout reminds me a bit of Team Fortress's interface, can't wait to see more.
(I had to search for Team Fortress' layout @_@ )
ImageImageImageImage

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#120 Post by teacup »

Nische wrote:Ahahahaha!
I guess I should make a BxG game after this, huh?
Just dropping in again to say that if you make a BxG game, you already have one person who will buy it (me). The way you draw guys is really attractive, but your girls are so cute, too!
And the way you drew the new Sol... -wipes nosebleed- It's a huge improvement. (。♥‿♥。)