Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Moon20
Regular

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy][Commercial

#151 Post by Moon20 »

I like the new ones, They whas much better than the old ones

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#152 Post by Sharm »

Hmm, I'm split on the new Miles. I like things about each. Old Miles - I don't see a reason for changing the hair, the ring necklace makes more sense with it under his shirt and I really loved his eyes. New miles - pose is much much better, pants are better, I like this hair too, though it is a little more typical.

Lynette - Um, I like the old one better, especially the hair. The darker hair doesn't suit her skin tone, she looks more drab.

Sol - New, all the way.

Nicholas - New, definitely. Old nick looks like a pouty teen.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#153 Post by Fungii »

Seconding Sharms notes on the new miles. Under the shirt the necklace looks more like, well a necklace. Over the top looks a little odd. Not sure about the jacket, the pattern makes me not sure if it's actually a jacket or a sweater or some sort.

Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#154 Post by Nische »

Moon20 wrote:I like the new ones, They whas much better than the old ones
Thank you very much! :')
Sharm wrote:Hmm, I'm split on the new Miles. I like things about each. Old Miles - I don't see a reason for changing the hair, the ring necklace makes more sense with it under his shirt and I really loved his eyes. New miles - pose is much much better, pants are better, I like this hair too, though it is a little more typical.
Miles has the least likes based on looks. I needed to change him to be more appealing to more people. :/
I kept getting comments that he looked too kind, and though he is kind, it isn't the only thing going for him. I tried to make him look more layered and not just 'kind'. I didn't know how to do that so I changed his hair and angled his eyes. >_<

After you pointed it out, the necklace looks extremely weird outside his shirt. You're right, I'll put it back under, haha.

EDIT: Do you think he'd do better with his old hair or eyes? >:

Sharm wrote:Lynette - Um, I like the old one better, especially the hair. The darker hair doesn't suit her skin tone, she looks more drab.
The hair/skin color color change was more of to match her personality. She looked too upbeat and happy with the old colors, it didn't suite her outlook at all. She was much too 'bright'. >:
Sharm wrote:Sol - New, all the way.
I'm glad. xD
He had low ratings too, hahaha.
Sharm wrote:Nicholas - New, definitely. Old nick looks like a pouty teen.
Now that you mention it, he did look like a pouty teen, hahaha.

Fungii wrote:Seconding Sharms notes on the new miles. Under the shirt the necklace looks more like, well a necklace. Over the top looks a little odd. Not sure about the jacket, the pattern makes me not sure if it's actually a jacket or a sweater or some sort.
Strangely, I only noticed it was weird after Sharm's comment. I'm loosening the top of his shirt so the necklace can be under and still be seen. :')
Last edited by Nische on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

selenity136
Regular

#155 Post by selenity136 »

Hmm..I have to like the old Lynette but since you said she looked too bright and you didn't want that, then the new one is fine. If you're trying to make her look more dead, try darker colors in her clothing.

I'll have to second Sharm's thoughts on Nicholas and Sol.

Miles--I do have to agree with everyone on the necklace issue. For his hairstyle...hm, he doesn't give off that sweet gentle giant, but rather something else. The new eyes make it seems like there's an agenda with this guy. From reading the character description, it seems like you want to make his outward appearance to be calm and gentle. Which the old Miles fits perfectly. My suggestion for you would have to be his hands. You have them linked together in both the new and old, which gives me an impression of a motherhen. And maybe the body posture as well. Even if you do have a kind looking face, how you hold yourself can give other hints of your personality.

Nische
Regular

#156 Post by Nische »

selenity136 wrote:Hmm..I have to like the old Lynette but since you said she looked too bright and you didn't want that, then the new one is fine. If you're trying to make her look more dead, try darker colors in her clothing.
Oh no, nothing as drastic as looking 'dead'. *A*
She just shouldn't look too bright/perky.
But thanks for the suggestion :'D
selenity136 wrote:I'll have to second Sharm's thoughts on Nicholas and Sol.
At least those two are done, haha.
selenity136 wrote:Miles--I do have to agree with everyone on the necklace issue. For his hairstyle...hm, he doesn't give off that sweet gentle giant, but rather something else. The new eyes make it seems like there's an agenda with this guy. From reading the character description, it seems like you want to make his outward appearance to be calm and gentle. Which the old Miles fits perfectly. My suggestion for you would have to be his hands. You have them linked together in both the new and old, which gives me an impression of a motherhen. And maybe the body posture as well. Even if you do have a kind looking face, how you hold yourself can give other hints of your personality.
Yup, definitely changing the necklace. xD
I like your interpretation of his new eyes, haha. Pretty much got what I was going for.

My main concern right now though is if his changes made him more or less datable? >:
It's hard explaining what personality I want to go for each character without giving too much away. >_<
ImageImageImageImage

selenity136
Regular

#157 Post by selenity136 »

Ah datable then. Hmm...if I have to choose, it'll be the new Miles then. Though I do think the bangs are a bit too much. Maybe you should switch the bangs? New Miles makes you want to uncover more or run the hell away from the guy.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#158 Post by Fungii »

Also seconding that; something about the new bangs just isn't the same. Then again I was just rather fond of Miles in the first place :lol:

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran

#159 Post by Sharm »

So changing Lynette's coloring is to reflect her personality? I can see that, okay. I think the pose change made the most difference there.

Hmm. I find old Miles more dateable, something about the angle of the new eyes is bugging me, like they're on top of his face instead of in it. I also prefer his old hair. As for which would be more important to me to keep, I really don't know. I can't choose!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#160 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I think part of the problem with Miles, at least for me, is his arms look too short.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Nische
Regular

#161 Post by Nische »

Okay, Miles definitely needs to change then. I unslanted his eyes a bit and changed his bangs back as suggested.
Is this better? It's still sketchy. I'll finalize once he's fixed.

ImageImageImageImage

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran

#162 Post by Sharm »

Yes, I like!

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#163 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Nische wrote:Okay, Miles definitely needs to change then. I unslanted his eyes a bit and changed his bangs back as suggested.
Is this better? It's still sketchy. I'll finalize once he's fixed.

This Miles is perfect! ´W`b
I still sorta have a slight problem with sol's crotch though, however im not quite sure how to lay out what seems off (to me that is XD)

I tried making an edit, trying to show my suggestion to how it could be done, though I'm not quite sure how it works with the hips, but you be the judge of that XD

(As a final sidenote, his 'bulge' (the 'sewing line', running across his dong XD) may be a bit too big, unless of course we don't mind him looking big-dicked XDDD)

Nische
Regular

#164 Post by Nische »

Sharm wrote:Yes, I like!
Oh, yay. I can finalize now then. xD
Thank you for all the input! :')
MomoiroGirl wrote: This Miles is perfect! ´W`b
I still sorta have a slight problem with sol's crotch though, however im not quite sure how to lay out what seems off (to me that is XD)

I tried making an edit, trying to show my suggestion to how it could be done, though I'm not quite sure how it works with the hips, but you be the judge of that XD

(As a final sidenote, his 'bulge' (the 'sewing line', running across his dong XD) may be a bit too big, unless of course we don't mind him looking big-dicked XDDD)
HAHAHAHA!
I'll fix it, I'll fix it. xD

That's a pretty good edit though considering you only had the PNG to work with *A*
Thank you very much!
ImageImageImageImage

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran

#165 Post by Sharm »

Ah, um . . . :oops: I'm only one person. Don't put too much stock on my opinion.