Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#286 Post by Nische »

RunicV wrote:@Nische: That's alright, we're all waiting patiently. The estimated release date is somewhere in December, was it...?

Your game was mentioned in English Otome Games' Upcoming Releases. If you have an estimated release date, and a promotional banner/picture, EOG would write a post about your game. Right now, you don't have that, so maybe that's why your game hasn't been written about.

Just thought I'd pop in and say that.

Sadly, the release date will have to be moved.

I extended one term and I'm taking my final thesis defense (for LATL) next term instead of this term. As it is a requirement for each student to hold an exhibit before graduating, I decided to get that done as soon as possible. Once the exhibit is out of the way, I can concentrate on LATL again. (The exhibit planning is one of the reasons as to why last month's progress on LATL has been very minimal.) LATL's latest release date is now set to late March or early April.

I'm so sorry for delaying it. I just can't manage both my exhibit and thesis at the same time. I was dying from exhaustion last term and I don't think I'll be able to handle that kind of workload again. :(

Thank you very much for the tip though. :)
I'll definitely try to update with a promotional poster one of these days.
ImageImageImageImage

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#287 Post by RunicV »

Nische wrote:Sadly, the release date will have to be moved.

I extended one term and I'm taking my final thesis defense (for LATL) next term instead of this term. As it is a requirement for each student to hold an exhibit before graduating, I decided to get that done as soon as possible. Once the exhibit is out of the way, I can concentrate on LATL again. (The exhibit planning is one of the reasons as to why last month's progress on LATL has been very minimal.) LATL's latest release date is now set to late March or early April.

I'm so sorry for delaying it. I just can't manage both my exhibit and thesis at the same time. I was dying from exhaustion last term and I don't think I'll be able to handle that kind of workload again. :(

It's alright! I don't mind waiting! If any spoilt brats complain about the release date, go kick 'em in the face! \(^_^)/ Your game is of such high quality, even if it came out in 2014, I wouldn't mind.

Concentrate on your studies and stuff, and don't overwork yourself! Your life is more important LOL.

Just a question, but what sort of payment method are you going to accept? I'm not over eighteen, so paying with PayPal and credit cards is out of the question. I could ask my parents, but they don't believe in PayPal. Just wondering.
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

Nische
Regular

#288 Post by Nische »

RunicV wrote:
Nische wrote:Sadly, the release date will have to be moved.

It's alright! I don't mind waiting! If any spoilt brats complain about the release date, go kick 'em in the face! \(^_^)/ Your game is of such high quality, even if it came out in 2014, I wouldn't mind.

Concentrate on your studies and stuff, and don't overwork yourself! Your life is more important LOL.

Just a question, but what sort of payment method are you going to accept? I'm not over eighteen, so paying with PayPal and credit cards is out of the question. I could ask my parents, but they don't believe in PayPal. Just wondering.
To be honest, I'm more than happy to hear about any other form of transaction people might offer. I've accepted snail mail for previous commissions before so maybe that can be another payment method for the game. I can even send a physical copy of the game along if ever I figure out how to send stuff via snail mail, hahaha.
ImageImageImageImage

RunicV
Veteran

#289 Post by RunicV »

Nische wrote:To be honest, I'm more than happy to hear about any other form of transaction people might offer. I've accepted snail mail for previous commissions before so maybe that can be another payment method for the game. I can even send a physical copy of the game along if ever I figure out how to send stuff via snail mail, hahaha.
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! -scream with delight and jumps up and down- That's great! Now me and ny friend are definitely gonna buy your game. The two of us just had a mini fangirl moment there.

Anyway, do your best! We're all rooting for you! :D

On a random note, if I abused your bachelors and did fanart for them with Rule 63, would you kill me? I really want to draw fanart, but I can't draw guys. XD

Nische
Regular

#290 Post by Nische »

RunicV wrote: On a random note, if I abused your bachelors and did fanart for them with Rule 63, would you kill me? I really want to draw fanart, but I can't draw guys. XD
Go right on ahead! I'd love to see them with Rule 63, hahaha.
If you don't, I will. *A*
ImageImageImageImage

RunicV
Veteran

#291 Post by RunicV »

Nische wrote: Go right on ahead! I'd love to see them with Rule 63, hahaha.
If you don't, I will. *A*
Thank you! ^_^ I can't use the tablet during October, but I promise I'll Rule 63 them sometime in November XDDD Maybe I'll try to male-ify Lynnette and turn her into an androgynous-looking pretty boy, haha! Thanks for allowing me permission, hohoho...

selenity136
Regular

#292 Post by selenity136 »

You're planning an exhibit? That's impressive and alot of work =/. I wish you luck in your studies! ^_^

As for Eli's hair--maybe you should try spiking or something? Then again he's suppose to represent the starving artist...so maybe he has his mom cuts his hair for him ^^?

And it's fine if it's delayed, there's so much potential and progress that you've made, I don't think you'll drop this like some of the other projects I'm watching ^^. So take the time and besides, I got plenty of stuff to keep me occupy while waiting for your game next year :D

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#293 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Just wanted to drop by with a new comment :D

I really like the updates on the sprites, the neck thing actually made them look much more natural :D Also, I'm really happy about the change on Lynn's breasts, they look much more 'natural' now, they were a bit too eye-popping before XD

I'm pretty much agreeing with everything everyone is saying, and I can understand why you feel kinda evasive about the season-change screen.

Well, I'll just say that the first thing I thought when I saw it was, Omagad I will never be able to make this beautifulness be my master, o great god XD
So well, it's true it's VERY different from the general GUI, and that normally it's supposed to be a 'matching package' (tbh, if you showed the normal GUI and then i saw the season-change screen another place, I wouldn't guess they were from the same game), but I honestly don't really care, because it is truly beautiful.

Besides, I'm pretty damn sure people aren't gonna go THE GUI DOESN'T MAAATCH, SUCH AN AMATEUR GAME, SO NOT GONNA BUY THIS!", and in no way does it lower the quality of the game. So if you ask me, it's your game at any rate, so whatever you like the best is what you should go with, but if you still want to try to meet the critique half-way, you could look into a way to edit your design.

Also, I really like the CG-border and subtitle idea for flashbacks! :D It gives off a very cinematic-feel, and also marks a clear difference in the actual game part and the flashbacks.

I hope you're doing well and are enjoying making this! :lol:

ehcs
Regular

#294 Post by ehcs »

It's been MONTHS since I've been able to actually put any work into LATL. School's finally over and I've taken my break so now it's time to write. :)

Several major changes have been made to the story of LATL. There will no longer be scenes to discuss Lynn's past. Actually, Lynn's traumatic past idea has been scraped completely. Instead, Lynn just has a less depressing and more common reason for moving into the city. I'll post the new game summary once I finish drafting out all the bachelors new scenes.

Speaking of bachelor scenes, there will no longer be 10 scenes per bachelor. There will be 20. Not all of them will be long and intense though. Some scenes are just there to help set up the next scene or introduce a supporting character. Do you guys think 20 is too many? I hope the paths don't end up being draggy - I just want to make sure the characters and stories are developed properly.

The redrafting of Eli's route is done and I'm quite happy with how it's turned out. Now I'm working on Sol and there are just 3 more scenes till his route if finished. Sol's route had the most work done on it by far. Nicholas and Miles' remain relatively the same, just putting in additional scenes to help build things up.

There is now a chance to get game over at the start of Autumn. :)
That's only if you're not close to any of the bachelors by then.

I will no longer be hiring the artist who made the previous backgrounds - for several reasons. I'm going to try to do those myself as well but I'm not very seasoned in making background art. I apologize in advance if they don't turn out as good. :(

Now that I look at it again, all of you are right hahaha. The chapter start GUI is VERY different from the general GUI of the game. I'm definitely remaking it. >_<

After I finish Sol's redraft, I'll start sketching out the designs for the supporting characters from Sol's and Eli's route.

Again, I apologize for the lack of activity on this project. D:
I'm back for good now though and there will no longer be any interference from school. ;P

Strawberries

#295 Post by Strawberries »

Wow, the game looks fantastic!
Normally, people's work grabs my attention because of the synopsis of the game. However, in this case, I have no idea about the story since you mentioned it's being rewritten.
Nonetheless, the art is lovely. All the guys seems to be interesting and I love the features that the game will be featuring!
Too bad for me because the game will be commercial. Thisstrawberrycan'tbuystuffsonlinesadly. *goes to her strawberries' corner to sulk*
Well, I wish you all the best and good luck with your game! :D
Nothing says that love would be like a chocolate-coated strawberry.
-Strawberries

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#296 Post by MioSegami »

WOW.....INLOVE <3333333333333333333333333 GREAT GUI! And characters!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

Dye Blue

#297 Post by Dye Blue »

*Fangirl mode ON*
I love this! The main character looks a lot like me O_O, and that guy, Nicholas, looks a lot like the perfect boyfriend I have in mind...
Whoa, and the other three boys look GREAT as well, congratulations!! :D
I'll be looking forward to this *-*. I really really want to play it...
But I live in Spain... will you give the option to buy it via internet?
Btw, I'm changing my messenger profile pic to a Lynn pic xD. Gosh, she's my blue-eyed twin xD.

ehcs
Regular

#298 Post by ehcs »

Thank you very much guys. :')
Your comments really drive me to work on it more.
Just planning out the last bachelor's scenes (Miles) and I'll be updating with art again. :'D

Though there are 20 scenes per bachelor, only about 10 (or a bit more) of them will have CGs.
That's not including the CGs from the main story though.

As I mentioned before, there's an awesome coder on board so I'm going to try to make all of them GUI things 'fancy'. ;P

ehcs
Regular

#299 Post by ehcs »

Update 01/12/13

All stories have been drafted. Before I start fleshing them out, I'll work on sketching out all the characters. Here's what I have so far. Please tell me if you see anything wrong and if there's anything that needs fixing before I finalize each sketch. All feedback is very much appreciated. :')

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#300 Post by ShadowBerry »

I love it!
The red pgtails and the shirt looks best so far <3
nicely done~
Own project: