Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#346 Post by MomoiroGirl »

YAAAY,they all look so beautifl now! 8D I would really try to help more, by for example redlining the poses, but my computer is out for repairs, so I can't use my tablet D:

Nerver the less,as a tip, I read on another thread, that a good way to make the arms' proportions right, is to make sure that the elbow is UNDER the ribcage.

I think Sol's outfits seem fitting for the purpose, maybe except the summer outfit. It seems a bit too stylish (or at least put-together). Maybe you could make his pants, like, red/pink zebra-printed, or give him a choker or something XD

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#347 Post by Kingv »

I second the idea about the multi colored zebra pants. There's just something really disturbing about a man wearing animal prints...and if you decided to go with the whole animal theme for his fall outfit having something like a lion head design on his shoulders for his coat on the oposite side of the red feather thing would be extreamly gaudy. The summer looks too normal i think. I could actually see someone wearing an outfir like that. Maybe make it bit more obnoxious by adding a huge text logo like "sexy beast" or something. Perhaps some over the top accessories like belt chains as well. Oh and making it more flashy color wise couldn't hurt. Maybe neon colors added in somewhere?

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#348 Post by Applegate »

Feedback on whether he should keep the clips or not would be nice.
I always tend to think that hair clips are traditionally for women, and as such any guy wearing them will instantly appear as girly to my eye. I understand that this is "normal" in some areas, but I've never been remotely close to those areas so that's unfortunately how I feel.

More importantly, I wanted to comment on the bracelet in his hairclip outfit; Is there a specific reason he no longer wears it in the other outfits? Seems to me you wear accessories as those all year long.

Pandora
Regular

#349 Post by Pandora »

Oh man, I love Sol's fashion. What does this say about me? xD I actually sort if feel he has good alternative fashion, and it is very much something an alt model would wear.
I agree about the Summer outfit though; it definitely needs something like green and pink leopard and/or zebra print pants and a fabulous jean vest. It seems to be a different sort of "bad" from the others.

Also, I absolutely love your character designs! They have a lot of personality.

Ayame
Regular

#350 Post by Ayame »

I've been stalking this thread since I first began lurking in the forums last summer. Now that I've finally registered, let me tell you this: I am SO looking forward to it! It looks like a game worth every penny you'd ask for it! :D

The art is so professional, just like the GUI, and I'm sure the rewritten story will be equally as awesome. The boys look yummy, too~ ;)

Personally, I preferred Eli's previous design. Like someone else said, he reminded me a bit of Lovely Complex's Ootani Atsushi, and that was an epic win in my book. Now, he looks way too young to interest me. Those are just my two cents, though. :) I know I'm among the minority here, and it's hard to please everyone, so go with what you like most. I'll pursue him anyway, because I'm a completionist. ^^

I think Nicholas looks better without glasses, but then again, I've never been a fan of meganekkos, for some reason. The glasses don't make him ugly, I just think he's much more handsome without them.

At first, I didn't really like Miles' redesign, but now that I've seen more poses and expressions, I really like him! :D
And Sol is my favorite so far. XD I do agree that his summer outfit could use more obnoxious touches, though. Animal prints and neon colours seem like a good idea. :)

Anyway, I really hope I didn't offend you, as I really, really love this project!!
Good luck!! I'll keep stalking this~

Junko Mihari

#351 Post by Junko Mihari »

As far as Nicholas' arms - they look great now!

As for Sol, I agree that the summer outfit seems too stylish, and I wouldn't exactly be opposed to being seen with him in his autumn outfit. It's pretty flashy, but not so much gaudy.

For the summer outfit, I don't think an animal print would be that good an idea. Since Sol's fashion sense seems to get better and better, I would say maybe his outfits could progress as the seasons go? Like, in his summer outfit, he's obviously learned how to match. It looks nice and the accessory chain necklace isn't that bad. His belt is pretty gaudy though, and I think an equally as gaudy jacket vest (sleeveless and collarless) would be great. A bright, neon color as suggested would be great. Possibly matching the belts color. A zig-zag design going through the middle of the vest would also be a good idea for gaudy.

His autumn outfit's not that bad. The coat-jacket is fashionable, and his shirt is pretty nice. He relapsed into zebra print and now he has this flashy feather necklace thing. For this, maybe give him a few more gaudy accessories? Like he has a decent enough outfit but he ruins it by over-accessorizing. Maybe add a chain around his neck with some gaudy-fake jewel or something? make the feather seem like a strange cape-necklace of sorts.

Keep in mind that these are all suggestions. Let your own design skills have free reign of the matter, and I'm sure the result will be grand. c:

And yeah, I didn't think it'd be too easy to get something like this approved. I'm sorry that you lost a whole term to work on this - but you're doing great with the time allotted, and I have no doubt that you'll be successful in the end! I do understand, though. I'm glad that your adviser isn't being too hard on you. It can be good to have a gentle guideline as opposed to someone breathing down your neck. Everyone knows how something like that can be an awful hindrance.

Still, keep it up! You're doing great!
Last edited by Junko Mihari on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EchoLove
Regular

#352 Post by EchoLove »

Wow Sol's design looks great, I like him best with his summer/autumn hair mostly because I don't like duper long hair on guys but I like how it changes each season. I may be weird but I just love his clothing xD His first outfit I'll admit is not that fashionble but on him it does look good. His summer and winter outfits just suit him perfectly I can't resist them xD And for the hair clip decision normally don't like hair clips in guys but on him I do like it it reminds me once again of Otani of lovely complex so I'm okay with him wearing hair clips.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#353 Post by MomoiroGirl »

OMG LOL, I totally didn't realize that his autumn outfit actually had zebra print too lololol XD I guess maybe my subconscious picked it up and thought it would fit the summer outfit hahahah XDDD Anyway, since this is for your thesis, don't be shy to ask, if you want help for anything! :D

Btw, I totally realized that Sol (in spring) and I almost have EXACTLY the same hairdo lol XD

Anomandaris
Regular

#354 Post by Anomandaris »

This project looks amazing; I'll definitely buy it, especially now that I know it's for a thesis project!

I'm neutral on the hair clip issue. I think they look pretty cute in the designs you've posted, so I wouldn't mind if they were included. I agree with Ayame on Eli's new design looking quite young. For some odd reason, he doesn't look as young in the poses with the hairclips...maybe because they distract you from looking closely at his face? (In a good way - the more I look at the hairclips, the more I like them!)

I also love Nicholas' glasses (especially his blushing/facepalming pose!) As for Sol, I can't decide whether his lion belt buckle should be thought of as horrific or just as an object of silent awe. Is his fashion sense meant to get much better as the seasons progress? Zebra pants aside, I actually like his fall outfit for the colors, especially the vibrant red neck ruff...scarf...thing. Anyways, overall, the art looks very impressive, and I'm excited about the "changing environment" and multiple endings mentioned in the OP.

One question, though (sorry if this has already been answered, which, in 24 pages, it probably has): how much are you planning on selling the game for?

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#355 Post by MioSegami »

Sol~ <3333 I love him~ It's so sad, that I don't have money to lay my hands onto this precious game >.<! But it's soo exciting to see the updates! Keep it up :)~!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

ehcs
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#356 Post by ehcs »

@MomoiroGirl
You've helped so much already! I'm still very grateful for your fix on Miles outfits and everything. :D

That makes sense, hahaha. I'll make sure to keep that in mind when I draw the rest of the characters. Thanks for the tip!

I gave him more bling and gave him cow pants. His fall outfit already has dibs on the zebra prints. xD

@Kingv
As interesting as the idea of rainbow zebra pants is, the fall outfit already took claim to that pattern. I know right? That's why all his outfits have animal prints on them - it's like the epitome of awkward fashion. Lion head seems a bit too tedious to draw over and over - though that would look pretty swanky (in a way). I did put lion paw prints though. xD Not nearly the same thing but I liked the idea of adding more shoulder stuff. Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, thankfully a lot of people pointed out that his summer outfit is too normal. Hopefully that has been rectified. I have to say, the idea of adding "Sexy Beast" on his top is so cringe-worthy that I find myself too embarrassed to even draw it. Though Sol may not have shame, I - sadly - do, hahaha. If I could get over it, I would have definitely added that on his new inner top. xD I put bright colors everywhere and added more jewelry like some of you have suggested. :D

@Applegate
I understand, I feel the same way about men IRL. Though it is pretty common for men here to wear headbands and clips, I personally find it unappealing. That doesn't coincide with how I feel about them on cartoon and anime men though. I can appreciate how people can find them endearing and, as someone put it, 'adorkable'. Thanks for sharing your opinion on this issue though, I will definitely keep that in mind when I decide whether to keep them or not once I start inking.

Hmm, not really. I his outfit just looked too boring with just a plain t-shirt on. I added the accessories just to make it look less lazy. I could add accessories on his other outfits too if you think it would look better? :)

@Pandora
It means that you seriously need to rethink your sense of fashion. D': Hahaha. Kidding aside, thanks for posting.

Yeah. The more people point it out, the more obviously plain his summer outfit looks to me. I think I overkilled it a bit with the edits though. I took your advice and added a vest to his outfit - though not necessary a jean one. xD Though his pants aren't in zebra prints, they are sporting another animal's spots.

Thank you very much! That means a lot to me. :)

@Ayame
Wow, you've been here long. I'm so sorry for the lack of update and the extremely long wait. D: Thanks for taking the time to register and comment! I'll try not to disappoint. :D

Thank you very much! The main story has been substantially simplified but only to bring more importance to the bachelor's individual stories. Thank you very much! I'll try to keep them looking yummy. xD

You guys keep mentioning that anime and your fascination towards that character - it makes me want to watch it, haha. Minority or not, I appreciate your opinion. I'll try to get back on Eli's design when/if I can and age him up a bit. I don't want anyone thinking they'd be cradle snatching if they go after him. xD

Ah, that's what I've been worried about. I'm a huge glasses-lover so I've always been tempted to add glasses on Nicholas for biased reasons. I don't want my personal preference to take hold too much on the games design though so I held back a bit and just placed them on his winter outfit. Thanks for the feedback, I guess I still haven't completely decided on whether to have him always wear his glasses but he definitely will have them on when he's working and during the winter season.

Yeah, Miles' personality was a bit hard to design and make look interesting so I don't blame you for that. I'm glad his update improved your opinion on him though! xD

That's good to hear. During the initial poll, Sol got the least number of supporters. I'm happy he's someone's favorite now, hahaha. I obnoxiou-fied his summer outfit as much as my shame will allow me. Definitely included animal prints and bold colors.

Aw, why would I be offended? xD I'm actually really glad to hear your honest opinion. It helps me get a better idea on what to do next for the boys. Thank you so much for the support! :D I'll try not to disappoint. :)

@Junko Mihari
And that's all thanks to you guys. Thanks again for pointing out his arm length! :D

Yeah, I don't know why I thought his summer outfit was near bad/good enough. One person can only butcher their character's clothes for so long, haha. Yeah, I kind of like his fall outfit in a good way too. I was just hoping the zebra pants would be enough to deter and unwanted appraisals.

It's a nice idea for his fashion sense to improve steadily but I think I killed that possibility with his new summer outfit. Personally, I think it's the worst thing I've ever drawn - which should work well with Sol. I did add a vest but its more of a bright color than a gaudy design.

I think I will add more accessories to his autumn outfit. His neck does look a bit bare now that I think about it. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

And I'm very grateful for the suggestions! I'm sorry I couldn't implement all of them though. D: I'll try to edit in more fixes soon though. :)

The main thing she's worried about with my project is that I might not make it in time - especially since I still have a whole set of BGs and CGs to do and the game's supposed to be completed by the first week of April. xD

Thanks again! I'm starting to really look forward to you wall of text replies, hahaha.

@MomoiroGirl
Hahaha, hello again. Yeah, zebra prints are on autumn - but it was a popular suggestion for summer too. xD Thank you very much! :D Actually, the feedback is helping me tremendously! So thanks for posting here. :)

Hahaha, nice. You have a model's hairdo. ;D

@Anomandaris
Thank you very much for the support! :D

Eli's age is hard to work around. I'll try to go back and fix him some more. I'm glad to hear the clips are working for you though. :D

I'm glad to see another glasses fan, haha. I can just imagine what Sol is thinking when people pause to stare in silent awe at a spot just above his crotch. Hmm, it's not particularly 'meant' to get better in progression but it could work that way. I have no idea what those feather things are attached to either. I just thought that since he had fur in one outfit, he might as well have feathers on another. Again, thank you very much! I'll try not to disappoint. :)

I'm trying to keep it at $15 - but to do so would mean that I won't be paying to outsource anything. Which, in turn, would mean I would work on everything. (Except for coding - the wonderfully generous netravelr is helping me there. I know nothing about codes.) That being said, it might take quite some time for me to finish this. :') I'll try not to take too long though. :)

@MioSegami
I'm so happy. Someone loves Sol. :'D Hmm, I'm planning on giving away free copies but I'm still trying to think of a non-biased way to choose who gets them. I'm thinking of something like a contest or a raffle of sorts. Either way, I know how it feels to not be able to buy things online so I'll try to work on a way to fairly give out copies from time to time. If that doesn't work though, I'm planning on making a free game right after this one. I'm deciding between a horror themed one or a short dating sim game. I enjoy free games as much as the next person so even if by chance you can't get LATL, I hope my next games will be of some compensation. :')

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 02/03/13
Finally did all his poses. Though I'm pretty content with how things are right now, I'd still love to get some feedback. With the last bachelor finally sketched out though, I can finally start drafting out some new GUI ideas.

Surufe
Regular
Projects: [secret]
Organization: t-a-s-t-e Inc.

#357 Post by Surufe »

Oh My God! Barchelors is full of smexiness! Glomps*
The game looks great so far. Even though I like the old style better but I'm still like this style as long as they're full of smexiness They're definitely look better ;D Especially Nicholas I will steal his glasses Eli looks quite younger than the pose with hairclip. Sol's awkwardly cute by the way. Micheal...isn't my type in many ways. I'll buying this game when it is out because the 15$ price is worth for it. I will looking forward for this.
New Account - Rye
I'm no longer using this account.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#358 Post by Blane Doyle »

I think I should feel bad because I kinda love Sol's outfits. Granted, it's because, aside from the last one, I've never SEEN outfits like those outside of a fashion show made just to look unique. But, hey, at least you can pick him out from a mile away! He's certainly unique and I'm definitely drawn to that.

But something looks off to me with his third expression. The first two look fine to me, but the blush one just looks... off kilter. Like it's misaligned or a bit sunken. Or maybe it is just me?

EchoLove
Regular

#359 Post by EchoLove »

Actually I love Sol's outfits more than I should xD And I'm going to fangirl over his hair in autumn eason, it's just SO CUTE! Especially with being a little messy in the blush pose xD I really like his blush pose it looks nice to me, it's the second pose that something is bugging me a bit, but I don't really now what..

Ayame
Regular

#360 Post by Ayame »

I like the sound of changing the story to bring more importance to each bachelor's story! :D I'm looking forward to it!

Haha, personally, I haven't watched the anime, but I read the manga. I really liked it (especially since, just like the heroine, I'm very tall and for a while, all boys were smaller than me. XD)
About Eli looking very young, I don't think it's a problem per se. For example, in Lucky Rabbit Reflex, there's a character that's younger than the MC, and who looks very young, too, and I absolutely loved him.
I think Eli just looks TOO young. However, I'm no artist, so I unfortunately can't tell you what could make him look slightly older without making him look too old.
In any case, I hope you'll be satisfied with his final design! :)

Oh, yeah, I remember Nicholas' working outfit. I must say that glasses suit that outfit quite a lot, even to my "anti-meganekko" eyes. XD

And, WHOA, those outfits look horrible! Which means you did a great job! XD I like how he wears so many accessories, it really adds to the non-existent fashion sense.
The more I look at him, the more I like him, really. I can't wait to see how he acts and everything. ^O^

There's something that's bugging me, though. I think that in his second pose, his mouth is too close to his nose. Maybe you could try lowering it a bit?
Also, his nose looks weird in his third pose. At first, I thought there were only two holes like Voldemort. ^^"

But, yeah, once again great job on the outfits, they look perfect for him! :D
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart