Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thanatoaster

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#361 Post by thanatoaster »

I really like this game idea! I think the simplicity of it makes it charming.

The art is really nice, all of the characters are so cute, and I like that they have different outfits. :3

I like Nicholas the best o///o but all of the characters have a distinct appeal.

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#362 Post by Itwasneveradream »

It looks so cool! Definetley playing when it comes out. Question: Commercial or Free?

Ayame
Regular

#363 Post by Ayame »

@Itwasneveradream:
It will be commercial. Just on the previous page, you can read that she'll try and keep it at around 15$. :)
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart

Aseret
Regular

#364 Post by Aseret »

I'm not sure if you've already mentioned this.. but
When are you planning on releasing this lovely gem of a game?
It looks amazing <3

ehcs
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#365 Post by ehcs »

@Surufe
One can never have too much smexiness. *v*
Thank you very much!

Blane Doyle
I kinda love Sol's outfits too but not in a way where I'd ever deign to wear them. I'm glad his 'unique' choice of clothing doesn't damper your appreciation of him. :D

I know what you mean - as someone else mentioned - he's got a Voldemort nose going on there. I'm definitely going to have to fix that. xD

Ayame
I'm glad you think so! Personally, I prefer learning more about the bachelor than the main character when I play these types of games. I just hope most people feel the same way.

Now I'm even more interested in it. I can share the pain of being awkwardly tall - especially in a class full of short boys.

That's a relief. To be honest, I love how Eli turned out this time around. I'm a bit disappointed that some people don't feel the same way though. I'll try to find a way to make it up to them somehow. Maybe in my next game I'll make sure that everyone's the hot adult type.

It's a universal truth that a doctor's outfit isn't complete without a pair of specs. ;D

Horrible is EXACTLY what I was going for, hahaha. Thanks! I have to say, he is by far the most difficult person to dress up. You'd think being unfashionable would be an easy feat - but no. It takes a special kind of skill to look that bad and still manage to pull it off.

Thanks for answering Itwasneveradream for me. :D

@thanatoaster
Thank you very much! I hope it doesn't end up being too simple though. xD

@Itwasneveradream
Ayame already answered this - but, yeah. It's commercial. I plan for the whole of Spring to be free though (the whole season is the demo).

Aseret
A LONG time ago, hahaha. The original release date I had in mind was more than 4 months ago but, sadly, real life didn't like the idea of me getting anything done in time.
I can't make any promises for the release date of the complete game but I'm fairly certain that I can get the demo out (the whole of Spring) before April ends.
Thank you very much! :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 03/17/13

I seem to have a habit of disappearing for weeks on end.

Yeah… Sorry about that.

While I was away, I was working on getting some of the backgrounds done. I honestly don’t normally draw backgrounds so it took a long time before things got going. (It’s also the reason why I threw a tantrum and silently brooded over my artistic incompetence.) It may not be anywhere near as good as the artist I was originally planning on hiring but they still turned out better than I thought they would.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#366 Post by jack_norton »

While not good as the characters, the backgrounds are quite nice, good job on improving your skills in other fields :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#367 Post by Obscura »

Oh wow, these bgs look really awesome. They have a nice palpable, solid quality to them...very appealing!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

ehcs
Regular

#368 Post by ehcs »

@jack_norton
Thank you very much! :D
Backgrounds artists are extremely hard to come by - for me at least. Hopefully, with some practice, I won't need to worry about that anymore. :')

I'm really excited for Amber's Magic Shop, btw. I just love that genre and the bachelors (and especially the bachelorette) are extremely attractive. xD

@Obscura
You can't imagine how relieved I am to be getting positive feedback on them. I was honestly worried that everyone would be incredibly disappointed with the dip of quality - especially when compared to the art of the original background artist. Thank you so very much!

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#369 Post by Cadenza »

I like the backgrounds, they have a light, lineless feel. They don't exactly match the look of the characters, but they match what we've seen of the GUI and they're very nice to look at. I'm so happy you're still working on this!

ehcs
Regular

#370 Post by ehcs »

Cadenza
Thank you very much! I can see what you mean. I'll try to make the characters match the backgrounds more once I finalize them. :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 03/17/13 (Part 2)

Someone once requested for Lynn to have girly-er outfits. I’m not entirely sure what makes an outfit girly but I hope these redesigns do the trick.

Here's Lynnette in her 3 poses. I'm not entirely sure why I drew her up to her waist - only her bust up will be used in game.

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#371 Post by janrrah18 »

wwwaaaaahhh!!!!!!i'll definitely stalk this forum from now onn...><
i love the guys... they look awesome!!!!!!!

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#372 Post by RunicV »

The backgrounds look really good, they match up well with your GUI. The airbrushed parts like the paintings and water on the night beach one look a bit odd, since there's smooth lineless art, and then suddenly BAM airbrush. You might also want to try adding light shadows? Right now they look a bit out of place, since there's none, especially the lampposts in the street background. But great work, these backgrounds are amazing.

I like Lynn's redesign, she looks much more upbeat and alive. She looks more mischievous in her first expression, and I like her lip gloss and hair. Nice touch with the moustace necklace, by the way~ :lol: Her outfits look fabulous on her, and the shade of blue you gave her eyes is really cool.

Great work these past few months, ehcs! \(^0^)/
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

EchoLove
Regular

#373 Post by EchoLove »

I'm absolutely in love with those backgrounds, they are so beautiful and well made. They actually feel real because they look so realistic in the sense that they look like what they should. I also love the redesign of Lyn, she's really pretty and her expressions are cute.

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#374 Post by MioSegami »

Amazing BGs and her girlier outfits! OMG *o*!!!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#375 Post by sake-bento »

Nice! The backgrounds are looking slick, and Lynn's new expressions are very cute.